Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday (10046 Views)

Today Is Kefee 36th Post-humous Birthday / Happy Post Humous Birthday Goldie! / Happy 74th Post-humous Birthday To Fela Anikulapo Kuti! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
kingthreat:

Stop spewing trash with falsehood. Soyinka did not only write about the Yorubas. Don't say what you don't know.
I am talking of variety on subjects of arts not variety on art genres. Your analogy using Fela doesn't make sense.

Please recommend Soyinka cultural books on the Igbos, Hausas, etc.

Would love to read those.

4 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
@Topic, happy post humous birthday to the most accomplished African Writer in modern history.

Your great works will always speak for you.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by ugotex85: 3:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy birthday Father of African literature, we love you. Your works and your legacy will continue to live even decades and centuries after your transition from this terrestrial enclave.
I love you most especially for your outspokeness and forthrightness. You rejected the National Honours twice because of the corrupt nature of those who offered it, and because of their motive, which was to score a cheap political goal. You stood up against the whites especially Conrad, when they were painting we Africans in the most dehumanizing manner. You gallantly stood up and spoke the truth no matter whose ox was gored.
Worthy of note is the fact that you didn't give up on life even after losing both legs in the tragic accident of 1990. You continued writing, teaching and standing up for what was right.
Albert Chinualumogu Achebe, continue to have a sweet repose on the bosom of our Lord.

6 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by echeprecious: 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
You will never be 4gotten Chinua.

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by meforyou1(m): 3:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
therapisteve:
He wrote a world acclaimed Classic @ 28?
And some 28 year old guys are still aimless and are without bearing...

That novel was just too deep and Culture-Centric to av been duly narrated by just a 28 year Old!!!
What a Rare Gem He was..
e no go ever better for the present leaders of ours.
Imagine that in olden years in this nigeria, a 28 year old man was already head of nigeria broadcasting commission and have written such a classic when our 28 year olds these days can't write an essay of 2000 words

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by iiiyyyk(m): 3:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
therapisteve:
He wrote a world acclaimed Classic @ 28?
And some 28 year old guys are still aimless and are without bearing...

That novel was just too deep and Culture-Centric to av been duly narrated by just a 28 year Old!!!
What a Rare Gem He was..

thanks for this, as we celebrate Achebe today, African youths of today, need to wake up, we really stop pursueing shadows, yl our society is undergoing geometric degeneration.

Rip
The greatest mind of Afria literaly world.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by meforyou1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
cooljude:
I read "their was a country" and honestly i fell in love with that work. It was a delightful read for me. I would recommend the book to those who haven't read it. It wasn't an ethnic book has most critics painted it. It was more about his life.
my papa chino achebe said "if you don't like a book, go and write yours". 'there was a country' is undoubtedly achebe's best book. I am so glad he wrote it.

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Drkul(f): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
IYANGBALI:
Since you wroted things fall apart,the world has not been the same again,pls come back and rewrote it.
shocked grin
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by meforyou1(m): 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
basty:
He was a Hero and destroyed his statesmanship over his last work, There was a country.

He was a tribalist that left the world in a worst state than he met it. There was a man Achebe.

Not a celebrated and my ideal man

shut d hell up mumu

3 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by DonDiego(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
kingthreat:

Stop spewing trash with falsehood. Soyinka did not only write about the Yorubas. Don't say what you don't know.
I am talking of variety on subjects of arts not variety on art genres. Your analogy using Fela doesn't make sense.

Give me one instance in which Soyinka wrote about Hausas or Igbos or else shut the hell up.

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by datarex: 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
Great man he (Chinua Achebe ) was, so also was Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, both share the same birthday with me. Greatness is in our stars. Happy birthday to me too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Arysexy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy posthumous birthday Prof Chinua Achebe, d great literally icon of our time.

Posterity remembers u.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by asala1: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Who care? He is dead, his cycle has ended. I will rather wish a better Naija.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by shizzleStar: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
^Fvck you

Happy posthumous birthday to a great literary icon of our time, a rare gem.....and a man of the people.

RIP Sir!

2 Likes

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by vivalavida(m): 4:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy Posthumous birthday to the great man,father of african literature.

Funny enough,i have read almost all his works except things fall apart. I have had many opportunities to read that book but i always postpone it. seen the movie tho
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Chidoscky: 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2014
I must comment, Happy Birthday
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by steryj(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
" when an handshake is offered to a leper, the next he wants is embracement" " It's an inquisitive that makes baby monkey to receive bullet in the forehead," " nobody ever wrestles with his chi and defeat it"

<quotes> Chinua Achebe

Quote yours in his memory!
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by moshino(m): 5:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
grinface98:
Happy post-humous birthday, great man

It is POSTHUMOUS, and NOT POST-HUMOUS.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by grinface98(m): 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2014
moshino:

It is POSTHUMOUS, and NOT POST-HUMOUS.
Thanks bro! Checked it just now
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by millionaireman: 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
Rest in peace Achebe, father of Nigeria's literary works.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by buchilino(m): 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
if ur in paradise then happi birthday but if ur at d other side well......................................
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by nikky5(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
May his soul rest in peace.He was a mentor in his writings and even in death the voice of Achebe still speak through his works like the voice of biblical Abel.He imparted positively on his generation. For Achebe it was a mission accomplished.Indeed there was a country.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Habeebpain(m): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Posthumous birthday? He was a great man, fine but he's dead. You can as well celebrate his deathday.
And this made front page.
Didn't Seun post a vacancy for a supermod? I don't think the dude is doing his job well.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Legit: 7:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
kingthreat:
Happy birthday. But you only wrote about Igbos, Igbos and Igbos like they were thd only people in Nigeria. Sincerely, I rather celebrate Cyprian Ekwensi. Thats more like a true Nigerian. His stories had diversity
That's bcus, he was a Biafra Bigots, all he know aboit Nig. is Ibo this Ibo that. He's not worth celebrating by true Nigerians, his Biafran Bros/Sis can celebrate him, who cares. He was a divider not a uniter. Shio.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by IYANGBALI: 7:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
Drkul:

shocked grin
what? close your mouth jo tongue
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by soonest(f): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
Chinua Achebe was one of a kind. I celebrate you even in death
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Herald47: 9:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
The grandfather of african literature
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by nedum360: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Happy birthday great one. We pray God blesses our generation with great minds like you because that's what we seriously lack.Continue to rest in peace.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Ugwumba60: 11:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
A lion that manned lions den! Rest in peace.
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by uwagbaAustin(m): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2014
great man indeed
Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by FruityLass: 3:45am On Nov 17, 2014
RIP and Happy posthumous birthday, Chinua Achebe!

Re: Today Is Chinua Achebe's Post Humous Birthday by Tobetoe(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2014
Happy birthday chinua ..... We seek for peace ,xo things will no longer fall apart in my Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

(photos) Top 20 Most Curvy African Celebrities 2015-7 Nigerians Are On The List / Popular Nollywood Actress Uche Iwuji’s College N*ked Photos Surface Online / Photo: Malia Obama Really Has A Great Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.