Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators (2086 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 16, 2014
As advised, I have started a petition with change.org and here is the link

PLEASE AS YOU SIGN ALSO GET YOUR FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK INVOLVED

https://www.change.org/p/nigerian-gsm-operators-and-regulator-mtn-glo-airtel-and-nigerian-communication-commission-stop-harassing-your-network-users-with-unsolicited-sms-and-calls-even-at-odd-hours

I will not waste time with trying to explain the daily harassment we get from our telecommunication service providers and how the NCC has failed us in its responsibility to protect us from unsolicited SMS and phone calls to advertise one service or the other.

We have cried online and on the pages of newspapers with little or no respite.

I have therefore come up with the idea that we come together to file a lawsuit against Nigerian Communication Commission and Gsm network operators.

I want others interested to show reply here. The voluntary service of lawyers will be highly appreciated.

I can not do this on my own as one person but if we speak together with one voice then we will be heard.

Seun please help put this on the frontpage and please restore my posting permission for the section you suspended it. You no longer reply my mails so I decided to post my observation in that section, if you were replying my mails I would have sent my observation via mail. Should you decide to put this topic on the frontpage, I will delete this paragraph as it is irrelevant to the topic.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by naturally: 11:51am On Nov 16, 2014
I'm strongly behind you. Airtel once made me borrow credit from them through their misleading texts
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by bigtt76(f): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2014
Just another avenue for celebrities to come and shine abi? Remember #enoughisenough, #lightupnaija, #occupynaija grin all hijacked and gone into oblivion after getting coverage from CNN and other world media
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
bigtt76:
Just another avenue for celebrities to come and shine abi? Remember #enoughisenough, #lightupnaija, #occupynaija grin all hijacked and gone into oblivion after getting coverage from CNN and other world media
Whoever wants to shine should shine with it but the most important thing is our court case. If at all there will be leaders of this movement then it will be at local government and state levels and no one can speak for us unless we all agree.

Whoever thinks he can hijack this should be ready to bribe at least 500 people spread all over the country.

1 Like

Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Sunkyphil(m): 12:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
even politicians are now using this avenue to campaign
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
Sunkyphil:
even politicians are now using this avenue to campaign
That is none of our business, what we want is to stop them. If we do not get them in serious trouble, they will not stop harassing us.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by seunlayi(m): 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2014
supported by me
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
seunlayi:
supported by me
Thank you sir.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by frodobee: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
Oga Blink are you for real? You know say election time is around the corner, abeg make e no be campaign stunt.
Okay, am in. Just tell us what you are goin to name the campaign and I will design a blog around it to comprehensively update all and sundry on the latest regarding the campaign- my simple contribution free.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
frodobee:
Oga Blink are you for real? You know say election time is around the corner, abeg make e no be campaign stunt.
Okay, am in. Just tell us what you are goin to name the campaign and I will design a blog around it to comprehensively update all and sundry on the latest regarding the campaign- my simple contribution free.
Thank you for your interest. This is no gimmick, still waiting for it to hit the frontpage, when it does and I get more support-hopefully from lawyers too then we can proceed.

No need for the blog now as I want this thread to be our only online meeting point.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by lecturerdabo(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
ok I'm in!
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Wittylens(m): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2014

Same thing AndroidNigeria did that made airtel create android data plan :

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/android-users-petitions-ncc-on-data-plans-for-android/

Go to change.org , create a petition , post the link here so we can sign.

Hopefully , it will get viral

Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by fnep2smooth(m): 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Am in.... :-)
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2014
Wittylens:

http://androidnigeria.com.ng/android-users-petitions-ncc-on-data-plans-for-android/

Great idea.

Op Should do this.

Supporting all the way..
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Wittylens:

Thank you I will do that but if I do not get the desired result which is a complete stop of the harassment, I will take time off my busy schedule to get my lawyer involved.

1 Like

Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
I am IN. Besides, the issue of involuntary PAYU or Pay As You Go [or whatever name it's called], as practiced by MTN, AIRTEL & ETISALAT, should be considered. I'm sure we all know that the only network that cares enough to notify its customers that their data has ended, and they can either subscribe to PAYU or not, is GLOBACOM. This action by GLO saves airtime, shows respect for the customers and lets the customer decide how to use what's theirs. But with the other networks, the customers do not get notified, so that they aren't given the option to choose whether to continue browsing [using airtime] or not, as subscription is AUTOMATIC. This automatic subscription by these networks is 'automatic stealing'; many customers have lost precious airtime through this thieving tactic.
Remember, time was, when one of the network providers said that 'per second billing' of calls was not possible, but GLO proved it wrong and showed the way. I believe that GLO is still showing the way in this regard. So, they shouldn't lie to us that it can't be done. Even though GLO is guilty of the unsolicited sms wahala, we should salute them on this- hardearned airtime is saved.
Thus, let both issues be addressed together but each on its own merit.

*Disclaimer: I'm not a GLO staff, etc etc; GLO isn't even my main line.

1 Like

Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Bawss1(m): 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Those unsolicited text messages are a pain. Everyday on my phones I get as many as 15 useless messages and I have to delete all of them as their presence alone is irritating. These people should be stopped!

1 Like

Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by basille(m): 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2014
Following
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 17, 2014
Will get to work today.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 17, 2014
Supported too, following the thread.

Seun front page abeg
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2014

1 Like

Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by lilmax(m): 9:33am On Nov 17, 2014
Nice
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Bawss1(m): 9:51am On Nov 17, 2014
Good job OP I have signed the petition.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 17, 2014
Bawss1:
Good job OP I have signed the petition.
Thank you
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by ifaoni(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
supported my me. Signed!
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by yurme(m): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
Signed
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
ifaoni:
supported my me. Signed!
Thank you.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
yurme:
Signed
Thank you.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by lecturerdabo(m): 5:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
signed
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
lecturerdabo:
signed
Thank you.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by basille(m): 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
Signed and broadcasted on bbm.
Re: Let Us File A Class Action Suit Against NCC And Network Operators by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
basille:
Signed and broadcasted on bbm.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is MTN So Generous To Me? Is It Just Me Alone? / Marshmallow On Gionee Splus / Iphone 5s FOR SALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.