Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,185 members, 7,867,440 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:09 PM

1cutegal's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1cutegal's Profile / 1cutegal's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Culture / Re: Teach Me Naija Slang Please by 1cutegal: 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2008
Slangs differ from area to area on Nigeria, but some of the more popular onces i Learnt Living in Abuja and Eastern Najia.

"Choko" - A close friend, or best friend ( mostly used by girls refering to fellow girlfirneds that went to Federal Govt Colleges)

Olodo, Iti,Itiboribo - someone that isn't smart (especially bookwise)

Otondo - silly, foolish ( learnt this from the soliders during NYSC)

Wahala, Yawa, Gbese - trouble

Naija - nigeria

Nnaboys - Refer to Ibos, i think more by yorubas

Nyamere - suposed to be derogogatory- used by Hausas to refer to Ibos

Ndi Yoruba - refer to Yourubas by Ibos

Akata - used by Nigerians in Nigeria to refer to Nigerians living abroad (i think esp in the US)
Akata - used by Nigerians in the US to refer to African Americans
Akata- used wrongly to refer to foreigners in General.

Note - akata is not derogatory in anyway!, its origin is Yoruba, for cat raised in the wild, ie not at home.

Nothing do u - U are good, keep doing you

Nothing dey happen - Its all good

to Mess, to boombalize - to fart

Ebeano! - the in thing

wetin dey happen(pigin)?, Kedu(ibo)?, Kilo nshele(yoruba)?,how far? _ whats up?

I dey(pigin), I dey kampke, odinma (ibo) - I'am fine!

to yabb - to diss or make fun of

kolo - to go crazy eg I don kolo for that chic.( i'ce gone crazy for that gal). I dey kolo for the chic -I am crazy about her.

domitilla, ashawo, runs gal, akwuna kwuna, aristo gals - female sex workers ( runs gal is a decent way of saying prostitute)

Keziah, Onyeokike (haha)- gal of loose morals

Aristo, Mugu - sugar daddy.

Activity - fun!! ( hey do u have activity? activity dey your end? - anything happening at ur end?

dulling, duller - not a fun person.

Ojugo -- reply for someone asking a silly question. eg (Q) hey is that really your hair, (A) - Ojugo **while twisting arm!**

Anya ufu, eyes of pain, red eye - envy

runs - anything and everything shady, not necessarily illegal.

yahoo yahoo, yahoo boys,runs men - scammers

akanchawa - favor

nto rikini? (yoruba) - meaning what?

shine your eye - dont be a duller, keep ur eyes open!, be street smart.

ole (yourba), Onyeoshi(ibo), Barawo(hausa) - Thief!!!!

1 Like

Family / Re: My Friend Consistently Beats Up Her Mum! by 1cutegal: 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2008
So this lady is 32years old, has been in the UK for over 10years and still lives with Mum, How old is this mum that takes the beatings?

I cant understand this, whether u accept it or not, there is no place for this lady besides a psychiatric Jail!!! its disgusting to hear this story and if this gal cant change at this point she would never, Its like men that beat their wives and wives that take it hoping beating after beating that the man would change instead of leaving his sorry ass.

But this case is much worse cos i can see how a wife can nag and provoke her husband but I can never ever ever imagine what my mum would tell me that would make me lift a finger to her!!! My Mother!!! That is absolutely impossible!

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.