Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

1MCN's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1MCN's Profile / 1MCN's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 25 pages)

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 3:19pm On Mar 02, 2015
1MCN:

That's how you identify kids born and raised in troubled and unstable homes. They always have severe social disorder.

1 Like

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2015
janus05:
You are right. Intelligence also suggests that Buhari and Co are soliciting for campaign funds from some Arab millionaires. This is why the whole APC family is in UK and left behind the pastor osibanjo. Amechi has spent so much he wouldn't want to be shortchanged by Tinubu in the event that APC succeeds in raising funds from these Arabs. Tinubu has a penchant of not disclosing all campaign funds raised. On another note, Lai Mohamed is in dubai on d same mission of begging for funds. Who says APC is not an Islamic party. Osibanjo will soon become synonymous with "tool" as he is just being used.

You sound so circumspect. Are you an insider?

3 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2015
Wealthyone:

Op, should i give u his fone number?

E joo fu mi the number joor.

1 Like

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 12:13pm On Mar 02, 2015
killuminati:
Buhari is having a dogggystyle with your momsy in London

That's how you identify kids born and raised in troubled and unstable
homes. They always have a severe social disorder.

9 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 12:12pm On Mar 02, 2015
killuminati:
Buhari is having a doggystyle with your momsy in London

That's how you identify kids born and raised in troubled and unstable homes. They always have a severe social disorder.

12 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 12:10pm On Mar 02, 2015
Princecalm:
so if he goes out with political assitants, does that mean he is sick or does his political assitants looj like medical experts

Simple question is, Is Buhari sick? It's a polar question. Yes or no.

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 11:42am On Mar 02, 2015
diluminati:

the delusions of grandeur that makes up a fools heart knows no shame

Trust me, the diatribe you just wrote is perfect direct opposite.

5 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 11:40am On Mar 02, 2015
Princecalm:
and who told you he is having problem with his health?

He told me so by making the public assume no other reasonable explanation to his game than that

3 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 11:39am On Mar 02, 2015
Princecalm:
and who told you he is having problem with his health?

Exactly. If he's sound what is he still doing in London?

Why go there with such huge retinue of political assistants and financiers, image makers and image launderers. Tinubu, Amaechi, El Rufai, Lai Mohammed, Oshiomole, etc.

This fuels a huge public suspicion.

Why is everything about his trip shrouded in secrecy except those Make Believe public appearances?

Why?

4 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 11:19am On Mar 02, 2015
I'm compelled to believe this picture I copied from a friend's Facebook wall.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 11:18am On Mar 02, 2015
cyril83:
Pdp and its supporters are petty politician with no strategy. Obj, ibb, atiku and some other gurus exit has really dealt pdp a big blow.

Keep asking for buhari and lose focus.. That's the game.

I'd like to know your view if Jonathan had taken exactly this same trip with all the controversies surrounding it. Just be sincrre with yourself.

Am neither PDP nor APC for your information.

15 Likes

Politics / Re: What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 9:58am On Mar 02, 2015
Princecalm:
And why should that cause you headache?

It's not headache. It's called public concern. The health and wellbeing of a public servant is a matter of public concern. Are you ignorant of that?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / What Is Buhari Still Doing In London? by 1MCN: 9:35am On Mar 02, 2015
The supposed "interview" with Eyes on Africa presenter conducted in Transcorp hotel London branch is over.

The meeting with Tony Blair former UK prime minister is over.
The debate in Chatham House is over.
The allegation about Buhari's debilitating health conditions is still very much rife in Nigeria. All of these activities are alleged to be to make up face by the opposition that Buhari is as sound as they have claimed.
If Buhari is not in terrible health conditions then what is he still doing in London after the Chatham House debate?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / Re: Lagos Airport Conducts Bombing Response Drill by 1MCN: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2015
It's Kano Int'l Airport that needs this drill most.
Politics / Re: Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram by 1MCN: 11:04am On Feb 28, 2015
#NeverAgain

7 Likes

Politics / Re: 15,000 ‘ghost’ Pensioners Collect N2bn Annually – Okonjo-iweala by 1MCN: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
God bless Goodluck Jonathan... It is about strong institutions not strong individuals...Systemic approach to governance and using world best technological tools to prevent looting from taking place at all...

'... It is about strong institutions not strong individuals...'
Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 9:06am On Feb 27, 2015
ejikeme:

you serious? ??
I've lived and worked among them.
Politics / Re: 15,000 ‘ghost’ Pensioners Collect N2bn Annually – Okonjo-iweala by 1MCN: 9:04am On Feb 27, 2015
ghost1718:
yes and my english teacher has been kidnapped
You must be a student in Baga or Sambisa or Gwoza or Okrika
Politics / Re: 15,000 ‘ghost’ Pensioners Collect N2bn Annually – Okonjo-iweala by 1MCN: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2015
superstar1:
She should have said the identity of the 14 Ghosts that are standing trial are being kept secret.

Is that how things are done in World Bank?

GEJ has definitely infected this woman with dumbness.

Is that how to fight corruption? Trying corrupt people in secrecy.

Na wa o

That's probably correct to think Nigerians deserve to know. So now in the absence of that you can evoke the FOI Act.
Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 7:59pm On Feb 26, 2015
ejikeme:
a bit of truth there. It should be private matter. but how do they plan on keeping the peace when they revoked something that has been up for years
It's more likely that there culture and traditional practices is more tolerable to polygamy, and by extension adultery. I've noticed this trend among Ijaws and Kalabaris and some other riverine peoples in Nigeria
Politics / Re: 15,000 ‘ghost’ Pensioners Collect N2bn Annually – Okonjo-iweala by 1MCN: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
ghost1718:
oya explain that english, i stop at primary 2
Quite hillarious. What don't you understand, biometrics?
Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2015
dealslip:

Sadly yes

Two wrongs (or more) don't make a right!
Politics / Re: 15,000 ‘ghost’ Pensioners Collect N2bn Annually – Okonjo-iweala by 1MCN: 4:53pm On Feb 26, 2015
ghost1718:
madam ngo... I hope is not my own ghost u mean because like this i dey hungry
lol
I think your own ghost has biometrics.
Romance / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2015
emrain:
well, I don't think it's illegal here in Nigeria, or in any civilized country.

Neither is it legal, I think.
Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2015
dealslip:

Lol. I am female. Nigerian men have shown us pepper. Unfortunately, the Nigerian women are stepping up in the game.
Let me get you ma'am. Stepping up in the game of promiscuity?!
Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:39pm On Feb 26, 2015
dealslip:
If this law was operating in Nigeria. There would be more Nigerians in jail than outside. The Government will have to focus on building more prisons than roads
Most hillarious. You must be a female, I suppose.

1 Like

Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2015
ghost1718:
End time tinz grin
Maybe for someone who believes a particular religious or traditional teaching. Not a position every other person would agree with.
Politics / Re: 15,000 ‘ghost’ Pensioners Collect N2bn Annually – Okonjo-iweala by 1MCN: 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2015
Politics / 15,000 ‘ghost’ Pensioners Collect N2bn Annually – Okonjo-iweala by 1MCN: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2015
15,000 ‘ghost’ pensioners collect N2bn annually – Okonjo-Iweala
February 26, 2015 by Friday Olokor, Abuja
Leave a Comment

The Federal Government on Thursday said it had blocked loopholes in the old pension administration scheme, where over 15,000 ghost pensioners were included in government payroll system.

The Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, said this at a forum for stakeholders organised by the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate, where pensioners and other stakeholders in the pension system gathered to interact.

According to her, the Federal Government has been able to save N2.1bn annually in less than two years after the establishment of PTAD.

At the event, the Director-General of PTAD, Ms. Nellie Mayshak, said the major success of the agency was checking dubious financial transactions in commercial banks, which pensioners’ funds were hitherto channelled for personal gains.

Mayshak said PTAD, through its establishment, has taken advantage of the ICT to consolidate on the erstwhile pension offices, comprising Civil Service, Pension, Police Pension, Customs, Immigration and Prisons pension/pension boards of trustees of all parastatals funded by the Federal Government.

PTAD, an agency of the Federal Government, was established in August 2013 in compliance with the provisions of Section 30 sub-section (2) (a) of the Pension Reform Act of 2004 (now replaced by the Pension Reform Act,2014.

Okonjo-Iweala said 14 individuals, whose identity she kept secret, were currently standing trial in the law court over the pensions probe initially carried out by the National Assembly in 2013, in which N32bn was allegedly squandered.

While receiving commendations for bringing sanity into the pension scheme, Okonjo-Iweala said through the Government Integrated Financial Management Information Systems, PTAD had been able to consolidate several accounts in commercial banks, holding pension funds, that had been prone to looting to three or four.

To further boost transparency and accountability in the pensions system, the minister said a nationwide verification process and biometric data capture for all pensioners had commenced with Police Pensioners from the North and South-West completed.

“These interventions have led to concrete, real life improvements in the lives of our pensioners. For example, the Civil Service Pension, which has the bulk of pensioners managed by PTAD, has seen the removal of over 15,000 duplicated or ghost pensioners from its payroll, leading to savings of about N2.1bn annually,” she stated.

But representatives of the Nigeria Union of Pensioners, who were also at the forum, urged government to offset about 42 months pension arrears, including the 33 per cent pension increase.
Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
Na so craze dey start

1 Like

Politics / Re: South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
Politics / South Korea Legalises Adultery by 1MCN: 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2015
South Korea’s Constitutional Court has thrown out 60-year-old statute
outlawing adultery under which those found guilty face up to two years in
prison.

The nine-member bench ruled by seven to two says the 1953 law was
unconstitutional in a judgement handed down on Thursday.

The court held that adultery was a private matter in which the State
should not intervene.

According to the presiding judge, Park Han-Chul “even if adultery should
be condemned as immoral, state power should not intervene in
individuals’ private lives.”

It was the fifth time the Apex court had considered the constitutional
legality of the legislation which had made South Korea one of the few
non-Muslim countries to regard marital infidelity as a criminal act.

In the past six years, close to 5,500 people have been formerly arraigned
on adultery charges – including nearly 900 in 2014.

The numbers had been falling, with cases that end in prison terms
increasingly rare.

In 2004, 216 people were jailed under the law in 2004. That figure had
dropped to 42 by 2008, and since then only 22 have found themselves
behind bars, according to figures from the state prosecution office.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 25 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.