Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 AM

Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? (4788 Views)

Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water / How To Detect Fake Drugs With Your Phone - Nafdac Approved / Stop Taking Drugs With Soft Drinks, Expert warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Stephxoblessed(f): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Pls is it advisible to take drugs with tea cos i have this big phobia for drugs wether big or small.Even paracetamol is a problem ,just the smell of any drug irritates me.
Doctors in the house enlighten me pls.
Is there any side effects?
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
its not proper my dear to take drug with tea. ordinary water is better. tea can reduce the effect of drug metabolism. likewise using soft drinks like coke 7up to take drugs (medicine) those things are not good.
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hi there, it depends. What medication is that? I can tell you the contraindications if any, not everyone takes meds with water smiley
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Stephxoblessed(f): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2014
what if its the only option available?
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by knightsTempler: 8:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
It's not advisable, drugs should be taken with water ( room temperature).
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Op there are some meds you're allowed to take with juice or milk. By tea do you mean like lipton or milo? Lipton tea contains caffeine, I'm still waiting on the name of the drug in question if you don't mind. If privacy is your concern then you can also try Google to see if caffeine can be taken with the drug.

If I don't get an update from you regarding the drug name, best of luck smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Stephxoblessed(f): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
xcelsia:
Op there are some meds you're allowed to take with juice or milk. By tea do you mean like lipton or milo? Lipton tea contains caffeine, I'm still waiting on the name of the drug in question if you don't mind. If privacy is your concern then you can also try Google to see if caffeine can be taken with the drug.

If I don't get an update from you regarding the drug name, best of luck smiley
No dear, its just normal malaria/typhoid drugs.
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
Stephxoblessed:

No dear, its just normal malaria/typhoid drugs.
That's okay then, you can use milo but not lipton. You should be alright by now, it's been a while you posted
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Stephxoblessed(f): 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
xcelsia:
That's okay then, you can use milo but not lipton. You should be alright by now, it's been a while you posted
yes am ok now.thankx for your care nd time.. twas really appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by eridos: 8:18am On Dec 02, 2014
To a large extent using tea to take ur drugs depend on the kind of drug you are taking.If you are treating malaria and you are placed on an ACT(artemisinin combination therapy)Taking tea which contains antioxidants and free radicals tend to reduce the potency of the ACT as the ACT works by the release of endoperoxide moeity hence producing an antagonistic effect.if you are in the right place u should be adviced properly to take ur ACT's with fatty foods to make it work properly.for antibiotics you could take it with whatever u wish,tea,soft drinks and even Pap.
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
Stephxoblessed:

yes am ok now.thankx for your care nd time.. twas really appreciated.
You're welcome anytime smiley
Re: Pls Is It Advisible To Take Drugs With Tea? by Stephxoblessed(f): 6:32am On Dec 12, 2014
You're welcome anytime smiley
lol,sorry, i wasnt refering to you.

(1) (Reply)

Do Mad People Actually Fall Sick? / What Are The Harms Involved In Not Getting A Rhogam Injection When Due / There Is No Coronavirus In Nigeria – Us-based Nurse Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.