Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:41 AM

Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son (6264 Views)

President Buhari Holds Emergency Meeting Over Rivers Election / Nnamdi Azikiwe's Son, Chukwuma Buried As FG, Local Chiefs Absent / Breaking!!! Jonathan And Abacha's Son In A Close-Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Collynzo9: 10:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
mmimahbub:
PTF under Buhari recognized and renovated Dr Nnamdi Azikwe's home more than 15 years ago. What did uncle Jonah do to honor your leaders ? Not even you.
So putting a dilapidated signboard in Azikiwe's house was all he could achieve in the South east while he was building roads in the north with the same PTDF fund?

2 Likes

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by derecho(m): 10:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Buhari should try something new.He ran in 2011 with a man i respect so much but that didn't make me vote for him.I know Tunde Bakare is wiser today.
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by naijareferee: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
berem:
As the race to the 2015 elections heats up, a
Presidential aspirant of the All Progressives
Congress, APC, General Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd)
yesterday held a closed door meeting with Chief
Chukwuma Azikiwe, the eldest son of the
nation’s foremost nationalist and former
President, late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe.
The meeting which lasted over 30 minutes took
place at the residence of the Azikiwes in
Onitsha, the commercial hub of Anambra State.
According to reports, the meeting was in
connection with Buhari’s 2015 presidential
ambition.
However, before Buhari went in for the meeting,
he said his visit was a ‘routine practice’ which he
does whenever he is in the East, adding that his
visit to Onitsha was to attend the final burial
ceremony of late Chief Chike Ofordile who was
the Minister of Justice during his 20-month reign
as Head of State.
He also spoke on his presidential ambition,
saying he wasn’t “in the race to enrich himself,
but to sincerely serve the nation by adequately
addressing security challenges and dwindling
economic fortunes.”
“I feel I have greater role to play and luckily for
me I cannot be accused of being ambitious for
material aspect of it. I was a governor, I was a
Minister of Petroleum, I was Head of State, but I
will like to give Nigerians the opportunity this
time around to use ballot box to choose their
leadership and I hope the system allows the
people to choose whoever they want to lead
them and to represent them.
“There are two areas that are obvious to all
Nigerians – the collapse of security and the
collapse of the economy. Nigeria has to be
secured and efficiently managed. I have said that
so many times,” Buhari said.
He also welcomed Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, to the
presidential race. He, however, added that the
process of picking the party’s candidate must
“be transparent, let it be honest that is all we
want,” he stated.
Buhari also said “the social injustice and
corruption of the administration of President
Goodluck Jonathan” should not be allowed to
continue, adding that Nigeria would not survive
if Jonathan and the People’s Democratic Party,
PDP, are voted in again in 2015.
Among those on Buhari’s entourage were
former Governor of Anambra State, Senator
Chris Ngige; former president of the Nigerian Bar
Association and governorship candidate of the
defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN), in
Ondo State, Chief Rotimi Akeredolu; leaders of
APC in Anambra State amongst others.

http://www.today.ng/politics/race-to-2015-buhari-holds-closed-door-meeting-with-nnamdi-azikiwes-son/

three things i see wrong from his rhetorics above
1.adding that Nigeria would not survive
PDP, are voted in again in 2015

2. he is given nigerians the opportunity

3. its a routine visit anytime he visits onitsha

who ever allows this man close to a mic is doing him a disserviceø

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
Collynzo9:
But Igbos have been avoiding Buhari like ebola since the 16th century.
Indeed! The same Ojukwu that once endorsed Buhari? Or have you forgotten that Okadigbo was once his running mate?
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by chamboy(m): 10:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
This wat I want...
God Pls

Kick out GEJ2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by UnknownT: 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
Truth is, Zik was/is popular among the Igbos/Nigeria. But this is son? His popularity no reach my part of Igbo land oh and i believe most people will still affirm to that. Even this Tafawa Balewa's son fighting for PDP ticket remains an unknown entity.

Question: Is there any of our foremost Nationalists whose child commands the same type of respect/popularity they had?

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Chinom(m): 11:41pm On Nov 16, 2014
@ chamboy : Mehn , this you combo is 'wicked'. Buhari and Ezekwesili. You are really playing on emotions here. This combination will really kick a$$.
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
chamboy:
This wat I want...
God Pls

Kick out GEJ2015
nice combo! cheesy
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Collynzo9:

So putting a dilapidated signboard in Azikiwe's house was all he could achieve in the South east while he was building roads in the north with the same PTDF fund?

You are a despicable being!

Can you hear yourself talk........so all you could infer from the article is that Buhari went an put a dilapidated signboard in Azikiwe's House to score a political point with the SEners

If the signboard does not have a project that it is referencing which he did 18years ago,will he be able to show face at the same place after all these years?

Some of you have indeed sworn to a lifetime pact suffering and everlasting sorrow hence will always see people who have the capacity to help alleviate your sufferings as enemies owing to ethnoreligious bigotry and undefined hatred

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by venivedivici(m): 1:28am On Nov 17, 2014
donphilopus:
Is that not an Anglican Bishop standing with Buhari?! When last did we see Goodluck and Imams standing, aside Sultan and some other Emirs?! Yet, some shameless guys still call him a religious fanatic!

Very invalid observation. Will Buhari refuse to snap picture with the man before?

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by venivedivici(m): 1:39am On Nov 17, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, Sultan just like an Emir is a chieftain, prince (King), commander, or head of state in some Islamic countries. A Bishop and an Imam should be the same, not Emir!

However,

From the definition above, you can see that an Imam in Islam is just like a Bishop in Christendom!

I'm not calling you out man, but I'm always disheartened when folks make public their ignorance. A little research won't hurt before posting on a public forum. Please, an Imam is the equivalent of your pastor or reverend father. And there really is no basis for comparison, because the Roman Catholic church is structured in ascending hierarchical order, whereas Islam is not. In terms of your comparison, you might want to compare a bishop with a Sheik maybe, but like I said there really isn't a basis for comparison.

Since it borders on the presence of the bishop in the picture, bro even if Buhari were an unapologetic fanatic, do you think he would ask for the bishop to be excluded from the picture? I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by venivedivici(m): 2:02am On Nov 17, 2014
soe:

A group of bandits troop in from Chad through your fuckin porous borders and start killing our hitherto peaceful northern brethren...and you open your bucal cavity to spill trash about them causing their own woes.

Is this the first time we would have terrorists trooping in to Nigeria to forment trouble?

Oga, what are you saying again? Boko Haram is a group of bandits from Chad? Are you saying this because you're being delusionally ignorant, or because you want to distort facts to make a point, or because you really don't know the truth?
For your sake, I'll take the last option as the case, and advise you to go read up on recent history with regard to what fostered the insurgency. Living and in self-denial is what keeps us down in this country.

And then, please in the past, when exactly have foreign rebels come rampaging through our 'porous' borders (which I assume that you assume that GEJ made so), and be repelled by our 'courageous' past leaders?

I would have started on the part the fifth columnists in the army are playing, would have touched on the issue of GEJ being partially, if inadvertently complicit in the sustenance of the insurgency, but that's a story for another day.

And please, before you divert to TANoidism as a recourse, it is important you know that I'd cast my vote for Buhari over GEJ any day.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 17, 2014
venivedivici:

Oga, what are you saying again? Boko Haram is a group of bandits from Chad? Are you saying this because you're being delusionally ignorant, or because you want to distort facts to make a point, or because you really don't know the truth?
For your sake, I'll take the last option as the case, and advise you to go read up on recent history with regard to what fostered the insurgency. Living and in self-denial is what keeps us down in this country.

And then, please in the past, when exactly have foreign rebels come rampaging through our 'porous' borders (which I assume that you assume that GEJ made so), and be repelled by our 'courageous' past leaders?

I would have started on the part the fifth columnists in the army are playing, would have touched on the issue of GEJ being partially, if inadvertently complicit in the sustenance of the insurgency, but that's a story for another day.

And please, before you divert to TANoidism as a recourse, it is important you know that I'd cast my vote for Buhari over GEJ any day.
Thanks.

It nice to know we are on the same buhari boat.
But just to be sure we are paddling in the same direction, kindly listen to me.

Yes boko haram came through our porous borders... At first not sure of where to settle their tents
..oscillating from Nigeria to Cameroon and back.

Yes boko haram came from Chad, killing our emirs and kidnapping some to their chosen sambisa forest

Yes ... I would like you to read about the metassine insurgency. This happened during Shagari's regime as they moved from Chad to displace our citizens and impose their rule. Buhari was then a commander in the NorthEast. He led the army to quash them and chased them back through the borders, far into Chad.

At that point, Shagari was away on a foreign mission when he got a distress alert from the Chadian president that a group of Nigerian Army had cut deep into Chad.

That was when Shagari immediately ordered that Buhari should abort the mission with immediate effect. This angered Buhari who felt that the group should be arrested and brought to justice.

We need to understand that the north is always open yo such threats. They strike whenever they notice a weak leader...remember from history, the north has always thrived on "conquests and imposition" all the way down to Ilorin. These are volatile issues any serious president should deal with and stop saying "the northerners are trying to destabilise my govt becausecthey don't like my fugly face"
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Collynzo9: 4:43am On Nov 17, 2014
soroptimist:

You are a despicable being!

Can you hear yourself talk........so all you could infer from the article is that Buhari went an put a dilapidated signboard in Azikiwe's House to score a political point with the SEners

If the signboard does not have a project that it is referencing which he did 18years ago,will he be able to show face at the same place after all these years?

Some of you have indeed sworn to a lifetime pact suffering and everlasting sorrow hence will always see people who have the capacity to help alleviate your sufferings as enemies owing to ethnoreligious bigotry and undefined hatred
What is renovating a house compared to the projects Buhari did in the north with the same PTF money?
Instead of answering the question, you are giving me a long and boring epistle.
How does renovating a late politician's house alleviate the suffering you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Sibabasibaba1: 5:47am On Nov 17, 2014
Collynzo9:

What is renovating a house compared to the projects Buhari did in the north with the same PTF money?
Instead of answering the question, you are giving me a long and boring epistle.
How does renovating a late politician's house alleviate the suffering you are talking about.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buhari's PTF did not renovate Zik's compound. That pix was photoshopped. The usual APC propaganda. The irony is that theses Buharistans said they do not bother about the vote of the SE and SS. Yet, they are trying to blackmail the SE into supporting the criminal coup plotter. Buhari cannot get up to 200k votes in the SE. You can take that to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Yujin(m): 5:57am On Nov 17, 2014
naijareferee:

three things i see wrong from his rhetorics above
1.adding that Nigeria would not survive
PDP, are voted in again in 2015

2. he is given nigerians the opportunity

3. its a routine visit anytime he visits onitsha

who ever allows this man close to a mic is doing him a disserviceø
Only clever people will understand your points.
Buhari's consistent insistence on the demise of Nigeria should PDP(GEJ) be voted in again is nothing short of a threat.
Why are Nigerians this blind?

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 17, 2014
He will deal with igbos when elected.

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 17, 2014
mmimahbub:
PTF under Buhari recognized and renovated Dr Nnamdi Azikwe's home more than 15 years ago. What did uncle Jonah do to honor your leaders ? Not even you.
photoshop

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by frankyychiji(f): 6:23am On Nov 17, 2014
donphilopus:
Is that not an Anglican Bishop standing with Buhari?! When last did we see Goodluck and Imams standing, aside Sultan and some other Emirs?! Yet, some shameless guys still call him a religious fanatic!
O boy this your Buhari fanaticism is driving you to unexpected heights that the strongest opium even cannot do. You must not always comment simply because your hero is the subject matter. Some comments could make one sound more stewpid and dumber than they are already. Your post which I quote is rather funny than stewpid to me tho.
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Caseless: 7:09am On Nov 17, 2014
ikecaesar:
.oga wat is d difference btw the position of the sultan and a bishop are they not all leaders of their different
denominations.abeg try and be constructive
u compare sultan(leader of all muslims) to bishop(leader in a church) or imam(leader in a mosque)? Ar u ok?
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by LORDI(m): 7:26am On Nov 17, 2014
Who is buhari fooling?,after him and his muslim brothers constituted attack N problem in nigeria,and trying to clear his name by faking an attack,....buhari must not win 2015,if he like he should visit the entire eastern part of nigeria...GEJ till 2019.
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Kakpos: 7:45am On Nov 17, 2014
may God give you strength my general
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by maslong(m): 8:11am On Nov 17, 2014
UnknownT:
Truth is, Zik was/is popular among the Igbos/Nigeria. But this is son? His popularity no reach my part of Igbo land oh and i believe most people will still affirm to that. Even this Tafawa Balewa's son fighting for PDP ticket remains an unknown entity.

Question: Is there any of our foremost Nationalists whose child commands the same type of respect/popularity they had?

point of correction, zik was not popular among the Igbos. He betrayed the Igbo it shall not be well with his family.

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by drnoel: 8:19am On Nov 17, 2014
Nobleval:
ok..

If he want let him have an open air meeting with the late Azikiwe himself. sad He will never make it to Aso Rock.

He nows wants to play on the sentiments of easterners. We all know Nigerians are a people of sentiments. If he chooses this Azikiwe gu as his running mate it could sway votes his way but the god of the yorubas Tinubu would definitely stab him in the back. U all wait and see.
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by maslong(m): 8:29am On Nov 17, 2014
mmimahbub:

Suddenly after Buhari visits the late leaders house, you carry hatred put on top Azikwe. Just look at the way you disrespected Azikwe and English language.

I still maintained, Zik was no body in Igbo land. that name Zik symbolises pain and betrayals to the entire Igbo rays. that name Zik is not marketable in Igbo land. Buhari don enter 1 chance bus cheesy
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by naijareferee: 8:31am On Nov 17, 2014
Yujin:

Only clever people will understand your points.
Buhari's consistent insistence on the demise of Nigeria should PDP(GEJ) be voted in again is nothing short of a threat.
Why are Nigerians this blind?

our problem in this country is hunger. that is why the op and her co will always have a jaundice view
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by venivedivici(m): 9:57am On Nov 17, 2014
soe:

It nice to know we are on the same buhari boat.
But just to be sure we are paddling in the same direction, kindly listen to me.

Yes boko haram came through our porous borders... At first not sure of where to settle their tents
..oscillating from Nigeria to Cameroon and back.

Yes boko haram came from Chad, killing our emirs and kidnapping some to their chosen sambisa forest

Yes ... I would like you to read about the metassine insurgency. This happened during Shagari's regime as they moved from Chad to displace our citizens and impose their rule. Buhari was then a commander in the NorthEast. He led the army to quash them and chased them back through the borders, far into Chad.

At that point, Shagari was away on a foreign mission when he got a distress alert from the Chadian president that a group of Nigerian Army had cut deep into Chad.

That was when Shagari immediately ordered that Buhari should abort the mission with immediate effect. This angered Buhari who felt that the group should be arrested and brought to justice.

We need to understand that the north is always open yo such threats. They strike whenever they notice a weak leader...remember from history, the north has always thrived on "conquests and imposition" all the way down to Ilorin. These are volatile issues any serious president should deal with and stop saying "the northerners are trying to destabilise my govt becausecthey don't like my fugly face"

I know all about the Maitatsine uprising, which again just like this one, started with religious undertones and spread through the cities of northern Nigeria. It was started by a Nigerian, only ostensibly as every other uprising, with a handful of 'paid' foreign mercenaries.
Let me state clearly, Boko Haram has its full [i][/i]roots here in Nigeria. In fact, to make an excuse for Jonathan, it is largely an inherited problem, because even as far back as 2002, the DSS had been sending reports to the government on the increasingly incendiary nature of the sect, but these reports were either ignored or squashed by sympathisers in the government. Everybody who is in the know would agree that now it has been hijacked and modified by different groups with conflicting points of interest, hence resulting in the carnage and anarchy we are seeing today.
I just want to make it clear that this insurgency has its full roots in Nigeria, and not otherwise. And again sir, coming from one who has spent most of his life in the north, the north hasn't been 'open' or 'vulnerable' to attacks (from where?), it has been a breeding ground for extremists due to the overwhelming poverty amongst the masses, and the condoning nature of the largely Muslim leaders we've had in the past.
If
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by OgologoDimkpa: 11:24am On Nov 17, 2014
Kakpos:
people's general your most go exile comes 2015
Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by OgologoDimkpa: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2014
Na wao!
Buhari meant business by going to Onitsha for consultations.
Okwamkpi Okwadike Chris Ngige aided this movement... but I must confess that it's a welcome
development only that we the Igbos have made up our mind.

Come 2015, it is GEJ or nothing!.

Hausa-Fulanis can go and rest for now

1 Like

Re: Race To 2015: Buhari Holds Close Door Meeting With Azikiwe's Son by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
venivedivici:

I know all about the Maitatsine uprising, which again just like this one, started with religious undertones and spread through the cities of northern Nigeria. It was started by a Nigerian, only ostensibly as every other uprising, with a handful of 'paid' foreign mercenaries.
Let me state clearly, Boko Haram has its full [i][/i]roots here in Nigeria. In fact, to make an excuse for Jonathan, it is largely an inherited problem, because even as far back as 2002, the DSS had been sending reports to the government on the increasingly incendiary nature of the sect, but these reports were either ignored or squashed by sympathisers in the government. Everybody who is in the know would agree that now it has been hijacked and modified by different groups with conflicting points of interest, hence resulting in the carnage and anarchy we are seeing today.
I just want to make it clear that this insurgency has its full roots in Nigeria, and not otherwise. And again sir, coming from one who has spent most of his life in the north, the north hasn't been 'open' or 'vulnerable' to attacks (from where?), it has been a breeding ground for extremists due to the overwhelming poverty amongst the masses, and the condoning nature of the largely Muslim leaders we've had in the past.
If
My guy abeg I no follow you drag history, na 1988 dem born me.

Just let us kick this guy back to Otuoke..even the economy is about to nose dive big time. This is time for serious action.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan In The Lead- INEC !!!! / Buhari Set To Go For His Annual Leave? / Pix Of Amosu Sock-away Bank Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.