Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? (1004 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Is It Like Frank Edwards Is Loosing It?i Think We Have To Pray For Him / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by briantext(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
This question always keep disturbing me.... I know that all Christians main goal is to make heaven, i know that heaven is a very beautiful place with great mansions and everywhere is made of gold(what I've read)
but my question is:
how does it feel like to be in heaven? ,
_Do we have time there?
-do you wake up and walk around etc
-or you just praise God for all eternity,?
- Do you marry there?
-Do you grow etc
-Do we have families there
.... It might sound silly but i need your contributions
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by twosquare(m): 10:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
briantext:
This question always keep disturbing me.... I know that all Christians main goal is to make heaven, i know that heaven is a very beautiful place with great mansions and everywhere is made of gold(what I've read) but my question is,
how does it feel like to be in heaven? , is there time there
, do we have routine there i.e do you sleep
, do you wake up and walk around etc
, or you just praise God for all eternity,?
Do you marry there?
Do you grow etc
.... It might sound silly but i need your contributions
There is no time there per say and seasons are not determined nor measured there by the lunar light ( I am talking about the world to come, not even this present heaven). Even this present heaven you inquired is a timeless region because they are not governed by the constellations. Better put, God Himself is the Time there (to say this in an understandable manner).

Yes, people will still rest and play around due to the fact that they have not entered fully into the realms of God. God neither sleep nor slumber.

Yes and No.. Heaven is not just about praising God, it is about learning who He is...we're going to learn more about Him just as you learn your natural vocation in the universities. God now is our vocation. God is not interested in your praise like that if you don't know Him, how will you praise Him. He is not just to be worshipped and shout, "Baba, we praise you". He wants us to know God is a course, a school which you have to learn, finish and become a practitioner of His knowledge. We have not started yet, coz we are still doing nonsense here on earth...Salvation continues when you get to heaven. If you can't finish your vocation/course here on earth, you will continue there. But better finish it here, coz when you get there, u can never meet up with those who are ahead of you. Heaven is a busy world my brother....a lot of things to learn, see and partake of. It is not a sunday choir service...it is a place of thunderings, voices and trumpets. You will learn about the knowledge of the Holy One, not praise.

No marriage there...only the Marriage supper of the Lamb( we- the Church and Christ). The present marriage order we have in our earthly realm is a shadow of things to come. A future prophecy about how the Church we be of Christ forever. Oh! That men will know what marriage means and love their wife as their own and wife love their husband as themselves.

We grow and age but not as ageing and growth as you know them to be. We don't wax old...the growth is of strength and the age is of wisdom and knowledge. It is not a growth or age towards death but towards life...having Life in abundance.

Note: this present heaven u inquire of is temporal and shall pass away, just as the place you are standing upon...they will soon evacuate...the world to come is coming!!!
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by briantext(m): 11:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
twosquare:
There is no time there per say and seasons are not determined nor measured there by the lunar light ( I am talking about the world to come, not even this present heaven). Even this present heaven you inquired is a timeless region because they are not governed by the constellations. Better put, God Himself is the Time there (to say this in an understandable manner).

Yes, people will still rest and play around due to the fact that they have not entered fully into the realms of God. God neither sleep nor slumber.

Yes and No.. Heaven is not just about praising God, it is about learning who He is...we're going to learn more about Him just as you learn your natural vocation in the universities. God now is our vocation. God is not interested in your praise like that if you don't know Him, how will you praise Him. He is not just to be worshipped and shout, "Baba, we praise you". He wants us to know God is a course, a school which you have to learn, finish and become a practitioner of His knowledge. We have not started yet, coz we are still doing nonsense here on earth...Salvation continues when you get to heaven. If you can't finish your vocation/course here on earth, you will continue there. But better finish it here, coz when you get there, u can never meet up with those who are ahead of you. Heaven is a busy world my brother....a lot of things to learn, see and partake of. It is not a sunday choir service...it is a place of thunderings, voices and trumpets. You will learn about the knowledge of the Holy One, not praise.

No marriage there...only the Marriage supper of the Lamb( we- the Church and Christ). The present marriage order we have in our earthly realm is a shadow of things to come. A future prophecy about how the Church we be of Christ forever. Oh! That men will know what marriage means and love their wife as their own and wife love their husband as themselves.

We grow and age but not as ageing and growth as you know them to be. We don't wax old...the growth is of strength and the age is of wisdom and knowledge. It is not a growth or age towards death but towards life...having Life in abundance.

Note: this present heaven u inquire of is temporal and shall pass away, just as the place you are standing upon...they will soon evacuate...the world to come is coming!!!
Thanks so much for the explanation but when we get there, won't we continue with our family that we had here on earth?
And also, who is the lamb od God i.e Jesus gonna marry?
As they say no pain, tears, hunger etc does it mean we are not gonna be eating?
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by twosquare(m): 8:44am On Nov 17, 2014
briantext:

Thanks so much for the explanation but when we get there, won't we continue with our family that we had here on earth?
And also, who is the lamb of God i.e Jesus gonna marry?
As they say no pain, tears, hunger etc does it mean we are not gonna be eating?
the marriage is symbolic...in others words jesus will own us totally and forever, just as a wife is always with her husband, so shall will also be with Him- that's the marriage.
(Rev.21:3)

We shall continue with them..not as a family as u know family to be(segregation) but we're all one family- both men and angels( check Ephesians 3 :15). You shall know them when you see them and visit them if you wish..I mean ur earthly friends. There are differences between here and there except that life over there is high and superior to ours...if the knowledge of good and evil can do this in our dispensation, how much more the knowledge of the Holy One. The civilization in that world is exceedingly superior, ours here is outdated.

You shall eat different kind of delicious things...the hunger you will have is not the hunger of death..tHat is if I don't eat I will die oo..or am starving kind of hunger. No....you will hunger and thirst for the fruit of the Tree of Life and thirst for the Water of Life(check Rev 22:1-2,&verse 14). It is a thirst and hunger towards God. You will want Him more..to make Himself easy to access for everyone, He downloaded His properties into fruits, which we shall take. As you are eating, you're changing from glory to glory.

Yeah, no pain nor tears, coz the former thing has passed away..the era of pain and tears belong to this present earth which shall pass away..before we enter into that world to come, God will make sure He wipes away every tear and take away every pain.(Check Rev.21:4-5)

Note: the kingdom of God is not mainly on eating and drinking but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...in other words, there will be eating, drinking but those are trivial(minute) aspect of life in the kingdom...I know u're thinking of jollof rice and chicken you may miss grin but know that you'll have them there and even food the eyes of men have not seen before...what we're eating here is not food, we don't know what real food is like coz our world is fallen(under a curse)...Adam is the only one that is very close and can tell us what real food taste like even in the earthly dimension. How much more the heavenly food? Manna is the bread of angels, not agege bread oo grin. So, you should know what am driving at.
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by briantext(m): 8:58am On Nov 17, 2014
twosquare:
the marriage is symbolic...in others words jesus will own us totally and forever, just as a wife is always with her husband, so shall will also be with Him- that's the marriage.
(Rev.21:3)

We shall continue with them..not as a family as u know family to be(segregation) but we're all one family- both men and angels( check Ephesians 3 :15). You shall know them when you see them and visit them if you wish..I mean ur earthly friends. There are differences between here and there except that life over there is high and superior to ours...if the knowledge of good and evil can do this in our dispensation, how much more the knowledge of the Holy One. The civilization in that world is exceedingly superior, ours here is outdated.

You shall eat different kind of delicious things...the hunger you will have is not the hunger of death..tHat is if I don't eat I will die oo..or am starving kind of hunger. No....you will hunger and thirst for the fruit of the Tree of Life and thirst for the Water of Life(check Rev 22:1-2,&verse 14). It is a thirst and hunger towards God. You will want Him more..to make Himself easy to access for everyone, He downloaded His properties into fruits, which we shall take. As you are eating, you're changing from glory to glory.

Yeah, no pain nor tears, coz the former thing has passed away..the era of pain and tears belong to this present earth which shall pass away..before we enter into that world to come, God will make sure He wipes away every tear and take away every pain.(Check Rev.21:4-5)

Note: the kingdom of God is not mainly on eating and drinking but righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...in other words, there will be eating, drinking but those are trivial(minute) aspect of life in the kingdom...I know u're thinking of jollof rice and chicken you may miss grin but know that you'll have them there and even food the eyes of men have not seen before...what we're eating here is not food, we don't know what real food is like coz our world is fallen(under a curse)...Adam is the only one that is very close and can tell us what real food taste like even in the earthly dimension. How much more the heavenly food? Manna is the bread of angels, not agege bread oo grin. So, you should know what am driving at.
Thanks for the explanation but I'm still confused at the marriage aspect...... Will we not be living in families there? As in, will it be a man to his own masion or a man, his wife and children to a mansion?
When we leave earth, will marriage be dissolved and everybody living alone on his own, i.e your mother in her mansion, me in ma own, ma siblings on their own and my dad in his own at different locations in heaven?
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by twosquare(m): 9:11am On Nov 17, 2014
briantext:

Thanks for the explanation but I'm still confused at the marriage aspect...... Will we not be living in families there? As in, will it be a man to his own masion or a man, his wife and children to a mansion?
When we leave earth, will marriage be dissolved and everybody living alone on his own, i.e your mother in her mansion, me in ma own, ma siblings on their own and my dad in his own at different locations in heaven?
you will live with whoever you chose to live with. You can decide to start living with methuselah or Noah, even ur great grand dad. We are all one family and God is now our Father. That mentality of "my family,my family" will change coz when you get there, you come to know the truth that God has been our Father all these while...those we call our parents are just care takers.
Heaven is the family. That world is a conglomeration of two families: the angelic family and the human family now becoming one. You shall know him to be your sister in the former world or husband but the ties will still be there, just in another form. Most people move along with folks they know too well. It is a massive city and if you choose to stay with your earthly bro, no qualms.
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by briantext(m): 10:46am On Nov 17, 2014
twosquare:
you will live with whoever you chose to live with. You can decide to start living with methuselah or Noah, even ur great grand dad. We are all one family and God is now our Father. That mentality of "my family,my family" will change coz when you get there, you come to know the truth that God has been our Father all these while...those we call our parents are just care takers.
Heaven is the family. That world is a conglomeration of two families: the angelic family and the human family now becoming one. You shall know him to be your sister in the former world or husband but the ties will still be there, just in another form. Most people move along with folks they know too well. It is a massive city and if you choose to stay with your earthly bro, no qualms.
Thanks man for the explanations
I guess children will grow up to be adult but won't age right?
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 17, 2014
It is like wanking without having an orgasm.
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by Hiswordxray(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2014
I like this trend, I wish there are more trend like this in narialand and I wish Christians can interact more like this instead of the constant argument that leads nowhere.

1 Like

Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by briantext(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2014
sonOfLucifer:
It is like wanking without having an orgasm.
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by briantext(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2014
°•○●□■☆★♡》Proud Christian《♥◇◆¤ ♥○●•°
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by twosquare(m): 11:46am On Nov 17, 2014
briantext:

Thanks man for the explanations
I guess children will grow up to be adult but won't age right?
yes... Jesus who is more than 2000yrs old still looks like a 33yr old man if you see Him.. Ageing as we know it to be in our own dimension is an operation of death..life is stronger than death..death can be stopped.
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by briantext(m): 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
twosquare:
yes... Jesus who is more than 2000yrs old still looks like a 33yr old man if you see Him.. Ageing as we know it to be in our own dimension is an operation of death..life is stronger than death..death can be stopped.
OK thanks for your time and explanations

1 Like

Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by urheme: 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
is like twosquare is hallucinating cry

i am really worried about the state of his health right now undecided
Re: How Is It Like To Be In HEAVEN? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
urheme:
is like twosquare is hallucinating cry

i a really worried about the state of his health right now undecided

Yes the ones that know it all his here again.
Why not leave the guy who is only trying to help is fellow brother. Even if he makes mistakes why not correct him nicely?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast Pst Chris Oyakhilome For Charging #1000 Gate Fee / Nigerians & The Hypocritical Culture Of 'thanksgiving' / What Is The Essence Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.