Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Jealousy Part Of Love? (729 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists? / When Envy Strikes: How To Put Jealousy To Good Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by dein77(m): 9:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
A few hours ago, I was with a group of friends, and suddenly this topic was brought up by one of us. He insisted every man is jealous of his wife, else he doesn't love her. I took the opposite stance. I insisted I had never experienced the emotion called jealousy before and almost everyone shouted ' its not possible,'

Can we love someone without being jealous? Isnt jealousy an indication of fear and insecurity?

I believe jealousy isn't part of love.

What's your opinions, people?
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
No.it is the cousin...
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Lordabas: 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2014

Nope. It's part of passion

Love isn't jealous, it's trusting.
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Evina(f): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
Jealous of your wife or jealous over your wife?

If you are jealous of your wife, that is wrong. You would always want to compete with her and prove you are better.

If it is jealousy over your wife... Well, even the bible says our God is a jealous God, and if He made man in His image and after His likeness, then I suppose it is natural to feel the emotion.

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by dein77(m): 10:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
[/color]
Lordabas:
[color=#006600]

Nope. It's part of passion

Love isn't jealous, it's trusting.

I don't disagree....I feel the same way about it too...
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 17, 2014
Evina:
Well, even the bible says our God is a jealous God, and if He made man in His image and after His likeness, then I suppose it is natural to feel the emotion.
This same bible, in the book of 1st chorintians 13: 4 said "love is patient and kind, love is not jealous, boastful or proud
New living translation
Jealousy is an emotion separate from love
It doesn't prove love but stems out from insecurity
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Evina(f): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2014
Zeemoor:

This same bible, in the book of 1st chorintians 13: 4 said "love is patient and kind, love is not jealous, boastful or proud
New living translation
Jealousy is an emotion separate from love
It doesn't prove love but stems out from insecurity

The jealousy being referred to in that context, is the type that puts you in contention with another. wink

1 Like

Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 17, 2014
Evina:

The jealousy being referred to in that context, is the type that puts you in contention with another. wink

What about the one being referred to in Exodus 20:5
Isn't it a different case from man's definition of 'jealousy'?
Does man's jealousy prove love as God's jealousy does?
Isn't the passion of jealousy in man usually exercised in an 'evil' manner?
Aren't we humans adept at expressing jealousy with selfishness, suspicion and distrust?

My dear, God's jealousy isn't motivated by insecurity, anxiety, frustration and self-centeredness as is often the case with man's jealousy wink
Re: Is Jealousy Part Of Love? by Evina(f): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2014
Zeemoor:

What about the one being referred to in Exodus 20:5
Isn't it a different case from man's definition of 'jealousy'?
Does man's jealousy prove love as God's jealousy does?
Isn't the passion of jealousy in man usually exercised in an 'evil' manner?
Aren't we humans adept at expressing jealousy with selfishness, suspicion and distrust?

My dear, God's jealousy isn't motivated by insecurity, anxiety, frustration and self-centeredness as is often the case with man's jealousy wink

I really am trying to comprehend your post

(1) (Reply)

Hero Monkey Revives Electrocuted Friend / Dilemma / Marriage Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.