Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 (18538 Views)

Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2015 (Discussion Thread) / Nairaland Detection Club 2 - 2014. For Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014. / Nairaland Writers Collaboration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Obinnau(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=Obinnau post=29067184][/quote]
Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Royver(m): 5:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
“But why kill you for a key?” Rimi asked. “Why kill Zainab’s dad, who by the way wasn’t really at fault? What on earth is so special about this key?”

Don Kamir grinned and took another drink from his glass before continuing.

“Eight years ago, a computer guru named Christopher was able to hack into all the computer networks of all the banks in Nigeria, Ghana, and some of the other surrounding African countries. From there he was able to create a program to pilfer small amounts of change from ALL the accounts in these banks. Change that wouldn’t be missed, like N20, N50, N100, even a few hundred thousands from our greedy politicians. They had so much money they didn’t miss it when a few hundred thousand naira disappeared into thin air. This computer program has been running for eight years now. EIGHT YEARS. And it is completely untraceable. The guru would have been the richest man in Africa, maybe even the world, if his ego had allowed him to keep quiet. But no, he had to brag about it. Somehow his bragging got to our quarters and we were able to employ this Guru. We made him give us the access codes to the account. Whoever has the access codes controls the account, no questions asked. The access codes we locked up in a safe deposit box which is essentially 20inches of pure steel. The only way to open that box is through this key.”

He waved the key about playfully and put it on the huge desk at the centre of the room.

“We never told the guru about the key though, and we warned him that if we ever found out that he tampered with the access codes in any way he would be killed instantly. He complied, didn’t seem to be the sort that was driven by money anyway, and left the access codes and key in our possession. Dino Brown and I thought of who we could keep the key with for safekeeping and we thought of an old school friend of his who Dino Brown had helped become a Jeweler.”

“But why my father?” Zainab asked.

“Mr. Adamu was the perfect candidate. Innocent, not one to ask too many questions as long as his family never went hungry again, he was ecstatic when we opened a bank for him. He knew nothing about the key, of course. All we had to do was sit tight for a few more years and we would be rich beyond our wildest dreams. But then some petty thieves came and messed up our plans. We were not even sure if Mr. Adamu himself was involved but we had him killed nonetheless. And then we couldn’t find the key. Even if we broke into the bank and somehow opened the vault, there was no way of opening the steel box short of a massive bomb which would incinerate the chip with the codes anyway. You can imagine why Dino suddenly became very sick. I myself wasn’t in good shape and was beyond shocked when Dino attempted to assassinate me.”

Don Kamir walked over to Crystal and cupped her ugly face. Her smile never left her lips.

“Do you know how much that account will be worth now according to our calculations?”

“Billions of Dollars.” Crystal grinned. Don Kamir smiled and kissed her full on the lips. She kissed him back and for a moment Rimi thought they had forgotten about them.

There were no guns pointed at them and the two people in front of him were a maniacal middle aged man and a small statured ugly woman. He was sure he could take them both down in a surprise attack. Without warning he lunged forward.

As he was about to strike, Crystal pulled away from Don Kamir and judo kicked Rimi straight in the groin. Rimi doubled up instantly as pain paralyzed him. He tried to recover but Crystal was already beside him. She moved so swiftly that Zainab gasped. She gave him an uppercut to his jaw and his neck snapped up, then finally she put a leg behind him and punched him hard on the chest. Toppling over her leg, Rimi landed heavily on the floor, all his body racked in severe pain.

“Don’t be in such a hurry to die. We will kill you eventually don’t worry,” She said and smiled at Zainab who was rushing forward to help Rimi.

“You have pretty earrings my dear.” She said and before Zainab could reply, she had drawn her guns and fired two shots. Zainab’s dangling earrings burst into pieces and Zainab screamed as blood spurted from both ears.

Don Kamir was laughing loudly.

“Nice shot Crystal! Let’s see you play with them some more before we kill them!”

“With pleasure Sir.” Crystal smiled.

Zainab screamed again and tried to get away as Crystal walked gracefully towards her like a tigress going after her prey.

***********************************************************************************************************

One Bullet counted the number of bullets in the gun he had acquired from the dead Hassan. Six bullets left. That meant he had to acquire another gun by the sixth shot. He checked the gun thoroughly for any faults, dismembered it and assembled it back together. It was a nice piece. He closed his eyes and imagined the ocean and birds and calm, soulful music. He needed his full concentration and calmness for what he was about to do. The only thing that pervaded the calm state of his mind was the name Kamir. He remembered a Kamir he had been sent to kill, A very tough case where he had not been at his best and the man was surrounded by bucketfuls of bodyguards. They looked like the same bodyguards he had been seeing parading the grounds around the mansion; big muscular but exceedingly clumsy men as far as he could tell. Kamir, the Kamir he was thinking about, was supposed to be dead. If he was alive then it meant One bullet had missed a target. It meant he was no longer deserving of that name. He hummed to himself in the underbrush beside the garden and calmed his mind further. When he opened his eyes they were crystal clear. He knew what he had to do.

He was going to finish the job. He was going to kill Don Kamir a.k.a Senator Donald Kamir.

It wasn’t about the money anymore. He had a reputation to maintain.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Royver(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
The first bodyguard never knew what happened. One minute he was patrolling the grounds, the next he was knocked on the head and as he fell, his killer broke his neck on his knee. One Bullet dropped the lifeless body and went stealthily towards the front door. Another bodyguard suddenly came round the corner and was startled to see him. One bullet approached him casually.

“Please where is the toilet?” he asked. As the man’s brain was trying to process the question, One Bullet hit his throat with the butt of his gun and then knocked him hard on the back of the head as he fell. Unfortunately, the man wasn’t totally unconscious and made a strange grunting sound as he hit the ground. This alerted the other guard inside who came running. One bullet had no choice. He had hoped to be as quiet as possible for as long as possible. That plan just went out the window. He fired his first bullet.

Don Kamir suddenly cocked his head to one corner. The room he was in was bulletproof and also mostly soundproof so he was essentially cut off from the outside world, but he thought he heard something like a gunshot. He waited a little and soon there was another shot. Crystal who had her gun down Zainab’s gagging throat also stopped her tormenting to listen.

“What’s going on?” Don Kamir growled.

Crystal went over to the closed circuit TV installed on Don Kamir’s control desk and checked. She saw four bodies lying motionless on the ground outside and lots of guards running about but not the source of the commotion. She switched to another camera and then another, and finally she saw him; a man in a black outfit steadily approaching behind two confused looking guards. As they turned around his gun fired twice and they both dropped dead. She noticed the way he held his gun and another evil smile played on her lips as she realized who it was.

“Stay in here, Boss.” She said, gripping her gun tightly. “I need to go and see an old classmate.”

Then she went to the door and punched the access codes. The door opened with a whoosh and Crystal stepped out of the room. Rimi turned to face Don Kamir who was already behind his huge desk and had pulled out another gun.

“If it is the police then I should be able to use you two as hostages. If not I’ll have no further need of you. Either way you are dead already!” He fumed, pointing the gun at them.

Rimi looked at Zainab sitting on the floor. She stared back at him wide-eyed. The loomk on her scared face tugged at the protective instinct in him and he got up and went to sit beside her as she collapsed in his body with sobs.

“It’s going to be alright.” He whispered. “It‘s going to be alright.”

***********************************************************************************************************

One bullet found himself pinned to the side of the wall as the other guards opened fire on him. Their AK-47s sprayed bullets in his position effortlessly, tearing away at the plastered wall that served as his shield. He forced his mind to remain calm as he considered his options. Luckily the last two guards he had killed had been carrying fully loaded Uzis. He waited until the guards stop their barrage of bullets then quickly peered across the wall, shooting two guards down with a burst of both Uzis and marking the position of four others. He retreated behind the wall again as another barrage of bullets came his way. He waited patiently until they had emptied their clips then jumped out again, firing one shot in each of the previously marked positions. The guards there fell like puppets whose strings had been cut.

He jumped behind the wall again grinning to himself. Big, muscular unintelligent oafs. He noticed the conspicuous door at the top of the stairs and decided that would be where their boss would be hiding. He came out again, firing and moving forward at the same time. Most of the guards had started retreating in a panic; for there was nowhere One Bullet fired that al least one person didn’t lose his life. One of the guards pointed his gun frantically and fired but the gun got jammed. One Bullet stared at him icily and the man turned to run, but before One Bullet could raise his hand another shot came from upstairs, puncturing a hole in his skull. The man dropped lifeless to the floor and One Bullet turned around.

“Crystal Clear.” He noted with a not so fond remembrance.

“Hello One Bullet.” Crystal smiled as she walked casually down the stairs. “What are you doing back in Nigeria?”

“Came to finish a job.” One bullet replied, his trigger finger itching to move.

“Ha, that’s bad, One bullet. It means you left a job unfinished before you left? Are you losing your touch Sir?”

“Why are you here, Crystal?” One bullet asked. Her last question had angered him.

“Why, to take care of your last failure of course. To make sure he continues to live so as to remind you that all the noise you made back at the
Assassin’s academy was all a crock of shit.”

“You dare challenge me, Crystal Clear?” One Bullet asked with a wry smile. “You were always at the bottom of the class. Not too bright and
downright ugly too.”

“I hate being called ugly.” Crystal said and suddenly fired a shot. The Uzi at one bullet’s left hand shattered to pieces. One bullet pointed his other Uzi at her and fired but Crystal was fast and jumped down the stairs behind a concrete pillar. The bullets passed harmlessly above her. As One Bullet ran forward firing, Crystal fired a shot that got him on the right shoulder. He fell backwards and crawled behind a heavy wooden table for cover. Blood quickly soaked the shirt he was wearing and he fought to blank out the pain.

“That is the second time you have missed, honey!” Crystal clear sang happily from behind the pillar as she pulled out her other gun. “Seems like the bottom student of the class is going to kill you today!”

Suddenly she heard a cracking noise and looked up. The electric cord of the chandelier above her had been shredded by One Bullet’s last firing.
He hadn’t been aiming for her after all! She jumped away from the pillar just as the chandelier fell to the place where she had previously been
with a crash. She quickly struggled to her feet but it was too late. One Bullet had the nozzle of the Uzi against her skull.

“That door you came out from. It is opened via access codes. Can I have them?” He asked quietly.

“Never!”Crystal snarled.

“Okay.” One bullet said and blew her brains out.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Royver(m): 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
AK47 and an Uzi for reference.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Royver(m): 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
[size=14pt]FINAL CHAPTER

THE END OF ALL THINGS[/size]

Don Kamir backed away from the CCTV in shock. He was sweating profusely and the gun in his hand shook violently. This was the same guy Dino Brown had sent after him! He had dispatched most of his guards and now had just killed Crystal! He picked up the comm. and tried to call any of his remaining guards to help him but most of them had already fled the scene. He paced around the desk confused and muttering to himself. Finally he made a decision. He picked up his mobile phone and dialed a number.

“Hello? Inspector? I need you to come to my house right away, someone is trying to kill me…Donald Kamir, former senator…Yes Yes I am still alive…Look if you don’t believe me how many people know that you received the sum of N1million every month to turn a blind eye to the Crimson mansion at Cedar point, regardless of whatever went on there?…Alright, alright, come immediately.”

He cut the call and looked at Zainab and Rimi.

“The police will be here in fifteen minutes exactly.” He shook his head.”I never thought I would need their help. At least I’ll be locked safely in here until they come then I can tell them whatever I want and bribe my way through.” He stopped and turned his attention to the CCTV as One Bullet made his way upstairs.

Rimi knew where this was going. He stood, carrying Zainab up in the process. This man was probably going to kill them as they were of no use to him anymore. He glanced at Zainab and smiled.

“I love you.” He whispered.

Zainab looked up at him, her eyes still bulging in fear.

“What are you planning on doing?” she whispered back, but was cut short by Don Kamir as he began to speak again.

“You two are of no use to me. That guy coming upstairs is a hardened killer and will most likely shoot through you to get at me. And I don’t want the police getting their hands on you, you know too much-“

He had barely finished speaking when Rimi charged him, screaming as loudly as he could, using his body as a shield to protect Zainab from the line of fire. Don Kamir was taken completely by surprise and fired wildly at Rimi. The Shot went through his left shoulder muscle but Rimi didn’t stop. Before Don Kamir could fire another shot Rimi had knocked the gun out of his hand and they tumbled over the large desk. Don Kamir punched Rimi hard on his injured shoulder and Rimi cried out in pain. Don Kamir then began to strangle Rimi, using his hands to squeeze his throat and cut off his oxygen supply. Rimi began to see white spots before his eyes as he started to black out. There was a shot and Don Kamir cried out, letting go of Rimi who struggled backwards gasping for air. He looked up to see Zainab pointing the gun at Don Kamir.

“You killed my father!” She screamed.

“Now, take it easy, Zainab!” Don Kamir said, his face swollen with fear. Blood oozed from his left leg as Don Kamir went on his knees to beg the angry daughter of the man he had agreed should be killed.

“You joined Dino Brown in signing my father’s death warrant! Murderer!” She cried, the gun in her hand shaking violently.

“And you’ll be a murderer too if you pull the trigger! Once you kill you can’t go back!”Don Kamir begged. “Spare my life! Show me that you are better than me! Don’t use me to taint your innocent hands!”

“I hate to agree with the monster, but he is right.” Rimi said, getting to his feet and approaching Zainab carefully. “The police won’t understand why you killed him, Zainab. There is no place in the law for revenge killing. Please I don’t want to lose you to prison. Please give me the gun!”

Zainab wept hot tears as Rimi gently coaxed the gun away from her hands. She held unto Rimi as he hugged her, wincing in pain as she leaned on his injured arm. He pointed the gun at Don kamir.

“The Access code for the door. Tell me or I shoot your other leg and keep shooting until the police arrive.”

“You dare not!” Don Kamir shouted. Rimi sighed and pointed the gun at his other leg and the Don screamed.

“No! No ! I’ll tell you!” He gasped. “55343078!”

Rimi went to the door and punched in the access code and it opened. Immediately One Bullet entered. Don Kamir’s eyes widened in shock. In his panic he had completely forgotten the assassin was outside.

“We don’t want any trouble.” Rimi said, holding Zainab protectively while aiming the gun at One Bullet.

One bullet ignored them and walked into the room towards Don Kamir who was still on his knees.

“Please…” Don Kamir began.

One Bullet didn’t wait for him to finish but emptied the rest of bullets from the Uzi into Don Kamir. He watched as Don Kamir slumped lifeless to
the floor in a pool of his own blood.

“This time stay dead.” He said.

He walked back to where Rimi and Zainab stood by the door trembling in fear.

“You both should leave before the police get here unless you want to be involved in this mess.” He said.

“You aren’t going to hurt us?” Zainab asked fearfully. One Bullet shrugged.

“You are not on my list. You never were.”

And then he was gone.

“Let’s get out of here.” Rimi said, grabbing Zainab’s hand. Zainab removed her hand from his grasp and ran to Don Kamir’s desk. She searched around until she saw the gold key. She took it and went back to Rimi who looked at her quizzically.

“The way I see it, it belonged to my dad as well, at least it was in his keep before your friends stole it.” She blurted out.

“I’m not objecting, but we need to get out of here fast!” Rimi said, hearing the sound of sirens in the distance. He grabbed her and running with her down the stairs, they ran out of the mansion a moment before the police arrived with Inspector Bello leading the charge.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Royver(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
Two months later

Miss Zainab Adamu walked into Industrial Trust Bank and nodded in acknowledgement to the greetings she received from the other bankers. It had been quite easy for her to get her job back at the bank since her late father had after all put everything in her name and the Board of Trustees were more than pleased to keep management of the bank in the family. She walked to her office and checked to make sure she had no outstanding issues; then she went casually to the vault room.

She walked down to the Special Items Unit and searched around for the vault marked with the number for a special deposit made by Mr. Dino Brown as she has seen on the ledger she and Rimi had spent two nights tracing through. When she spotted it, she used the Bank’s master key to open it.

There inside was one of the strangest boxes she had ever seen. It was small and rectangular but very heavy when she tried to lift it. She brought out the golden Key from her pocket and used it to open the thick box. Inside was a chip. She took the chip and closed the box back and locked the vault.

Back at the house, Rimi came out of the bathroom, a towel around his waist and sat in front of his laptop. He moved his left shoulder, happy that there was no longer any pain from the bullet wound he had gotten at Don Kamir’s place. Inspector Bello had interrogated him a couple of times but decided he had nothing to do with the saga that had occurred after his release. The Jewelry box that had been stolen at the Mr Adamu’s Jeweler shop had been found at Uche and Tonia’s apartment and once their bodies were found at Christopher’s place along with the information from Don Kamir’s mansion, the inspector surmised that Tonia and Uche had been killed in a sort of deal gone bad with Don Kamir and Dino brown. Rimi had been finally released from police scrutiny and was now a free man. He had since proposed marriage to Zainab who had happily agreed.

Rimi accessed the chip with the bank’s online account software. It produced a certain code for a bank account, with access to whoever possessed the code. Rimi clicked on the button for account balance. He whistled.

“Honey, its saying Twenty billion dollars! With full access to fourteen different Swiss bank accounts!” He shifted nervously in his seat. “Is there any way this can be traced back to us?”

“Nope. Completely untraceable. I ambiguously asked one of our technical gurus at the bank.” Zainab’s voice came from the bathroom.

“Whoa. I can see why those guys were willing to kill for this. What are we going to do with all this money? Open a charity? Buy oil blocks? Buy a country?”

“Ahem,” Zainab said and Rimi turned around. Zainab was standing at the bathroom door wearing a silky nightgown that accentuated all her curves. She looked so beautiful in the bathroom light and she smiled mischievously at Rimi and his heart skipped a beat.

“Wow.” He said, getting to his feet.

“Take care of me first, then we can talk about our money.” she said.

Rimi grinned and switched off the laptop as he took Zainab in his arms. They would worry about the money tomorrow. Tonight he had the love of his life in his arms and he was going to cherish every moment.

THE END.

11 Likes

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Royver(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
All comments should be made here please.

https://www.nairaland.com/2000600/nairaland-detection-club-2-2014

Thanks you all for watchingreading.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Writers Collaboration 2014 by Obinnau(m): 7:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=Obinnau post=29070980][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

in dependence" By Sarah Ladipo Manyika / Life Of A Star (a Celebrity Story) / The Deadly Seduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.