Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" (954 Views)

FREE Paint Job For 1 Lucky Nairalander. / Gtbank Is Giving One Lucky Customer A Brand New Porsche 911 Carrera / I Have Not Been So Lucky With Honda Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by dellyosh: 10:01am On Nov 17, 2014
I'm going to write a relatively long post so you can understand where I'm coming from.
I'm scared cos I've had two really bad experiences while purchasing vehicles.
the first time was my uncle and family mechanic of over 10 years who advised me to buy from Cotonou. he took me there, we selected a car and came back only for him to deliver another car two weeks later. i almost fell out of that car two days later on the expressway. the worst part was that it was stolen a month after where i normally park it in front of my house.
after that experience, my friends advised me to go for a Nigerian used which i did. i'm still paying the price for that one.

Now i intend to buy a car (an SUV cos of the size of my family). my plan was to get a sienna probably 2000-2002 ish. however, i do not have enough funds available. having done a lot of research, i realized that the funds that i have could get me other car models like the KIA sedona or the Nissan quest (my wife feels the quest is not fine lol).

do you guys think the KIA sedona is a good choice? or is there another model that i can buy? I have around 900,000 - 1,000,000 available.

please anyone help me be third time "lucky".

1 Like

Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by mayor2013: 10:23am On Nov 17, 2014
For the fund that you have I see you getting a Nigerian used. Even the mazda mvp which was built some what like the Sienna can't go for that price. There well maintained Nigerian used siennas you can get for that price. But for a toks definitely a No unless you want one with an issue
Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
I think you should up the budget a bit and get a 1998 sienna.
Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by icemann(m): 4:29am On Nov 18, 2014
dellyosh:
I'm going to write a relatively long post so you can understand where I'm coming from.
I'm scared cos I've had two really bad experiences while purchasing vehicles.
the first time was my uncle and family mechanic of over 10 years who advised me to buy from Cotonou. he took me there, we selected a car and came back only for him to deliver another car two weeks later. i almost fell out of that car two days later on the expressway. the worst part was that it was stolen a month after where i normally park it in front of my house.
after that experience, my friends advised me to go for a Nigerian used which i did. i'm still paying the price for that one.

Now i intend to buy a car (an SUV cos of the size of my family). my plan was to get a sienna probably 2000-2002 ish. however, i do not have enough funds available. having done a lot of research, i realized that the funds that i have could get me other car models like the KIA sedona or the Nissan quest (my wife feels the quest is not fine lol).

do you guys think the KIA sedona is a good choice? or is there another model that i can buy? I have around 900,000 - 1,000,000 available.

please anyone help me be third time "lucky".

No offence but that right there is funny grin grin.
Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by nurey(m): 9:11am On Nov 18, 2014
My brother I don't understand what you mean by you nearly fell off the express, did the car try to jump from an overhead bridge.

I am sure you can get a toyota sienna from 1998 to 2000 before the facelift for 1m if you do your findings very well it will just be a compact edition (CE) but you can also try this family sized vehicles that are also go with your budget
1. Second generation Nissan quest
2. Fisrt generation Honda odyssey shuTtle or the isuzu variant tagged as oasis (both are identical).
3. Mitsubishi space gear
4. Dodge Grand caravan

The normal big odyssey could also be good but I heard it has transmission issues.
Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 18, 2014
well i advise you to go for an American minivan.. especially Chrysler Voyager or Town and Country
Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by dellyosh: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
icemann:

No offence but that right there is funny grin grin.

Its funny now when I talk about it but I literarily felt the seat give way under.
Re: Pleaseeee!!! Help Me Be Third Time "Lucky" by chucky234(m): 11:31am On Nov 19, 2014
With N900,000 - N1m you can get sound Tokunbo 1998 - 2000 Toyota Siena, 2000 - 2002 Dodge Caravan and Ford Windstar.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: A Nigerian Creates Water-Powered Generator And A Machine / Nissan Xterra (2002-2004 Model) / Honda’s Lone Act Puts Plan For Self-driving, Electrified Vehicles At Risk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.