Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

"Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie (1980 Views)

Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / All Catholics Will Go To Hell - Chris Okotie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by NoContract(m): 11:36am On Nov 17, 2014

Pastor Chris Okotie left his congregation shocked on Sunday (yesterday) when he said that all Catholics in the world will go to hell when they die because they are worshippers of Satan and are led by a Pope who is Anti-Christ and a friend of the Devil.

The fifty-five year old pastor made this controversial statement while he was preaching in his church, Household of God Church in Ikeja, Lagos. He said the Catholic church was a counterfeit church created by Satan. He accused catholics of bowing to idols and crucifying Jesus by eating His flesh and drinking His blood every Sunday.

“They are not Christians and have never been,” Okotie insisted, to the wide-eyed shock of his congregation.

“They don’t know Jesus. They believe that when they eat bread on Sundays, they are eating the body of Jesus. It’s ritual."

He said Pope Francis is Anti-Christ, doing the bidding of the devil and that it was only a matter of time before the Catholic church came out to declare full service to Satan.

He urged his congregation to save the Catholics by evangelizing to them. He added that all he was saying wasn't out of disrespect. Rather, he was showing respect for the word of God.

He added that it was only fair that those who knew the truth should bring it to those who didn't in the Catholic church. He said that Pope John Paul II, one of the most revered popes in recent Catholic history, had handed over the Catholic Church to Mary, earthly mother of Jesus, and that the current Pope (Francis) had done the same thing, instead of surrendering it to Jesus Christ Himself.

He said that, while he didn't write the bible, it was obvious that Catholics aren't Christians and they do not serve the same Christ he preaches about in the bible. He added that Catholics didn't even believe in hell, but in purgatory ("the purgatory that they invented," he added)

Pastor Chris Okotie has been married twice, and divorced twice, and he announced that there would be a beauty pageant to announce the most beautiful woman in his church next Sunday. His yearly "Grace Programme" will also hold next Sunday.

The former music star, who is now a politician of sorts has always been a controversial character in Nigeria. He once said that it was the devil who informed him that he was going to be a preacher. Pastor Chris Okotie once said the famous Prophet T.B. Joshua was the son of the devil and his congregation will wind up in hell.

Pastor Chris Okotie has announced frequently in recent times that God has anointed him to be president of Nigeria. Alas, the prophecy hasn't come to fruition yet, as he has lost in the two presidential elections he contested in.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/catholics-will-go-to-hell-pope-francis-is-the-anti-christ-chris-okotie.24444/
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by morefire: 11:41am On Nov 17, 2014
wow
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by grinface98(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2014
Well, he is somehow right sha. But has he not been told that he too will go to hell?
Why? Because he's a christian & anybody that engage in any religion apart from Islam WILL SURELY go to hell. It is Allah that said this, not me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by lanxlot(m): 11:49am On Nov 17, 2014
old story....tax already been dealt with.
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by Idrismusty97(m): 12:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
grinface98:
Well, he is somehow right sha. But has he not been told that he too will go to hell?
Why? Because he's a christian & anybody that engage in any religion apart from Islam WILL SURELY go to hell. It is Allah that said this, not me.
Of course we will all burn in hell for not worshipping the gods of "most" religions. A smart way to trap the gullible into your religion if you ask me...Since no one knows for certain where the dead goes to. That being said i think both Catholicism and Protestantism should be considered as two different Religions. They should stop hiding under the cloak of Denominations, These two are obviously different religions. Many other so called "denominations" should do same.

1 Like

Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by Kylekent59: 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2014
But catholics are christians nd chris okotie is a christian too. Is is bad for u to abuse other religion. But every thing in d bible deals with catholic. Cus he said:
do this in memory of me.
Even washing of d feet.
Baptising with water.
Body of christ
ascention of mary who was clothed with 12stars.
YYY do other christians hate catholics so much?? Is it because we are following d teachings of Jesus christ
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by Ukutsgp(m): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
The man is nt far from the truth. The roman catholic are nt christians at all. The truth will always be bitter.

1 Like

Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by Ukutsgp(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
Kylekent59:
But catholics are christians nd chris okotie is a christian too. Is is bad for u to abuse other religion. But every thing in d bible deals with catholic. Cus he said:
do this in memory of me.
Even washing of d feet.
Baptising with water.
Body of christ
ascention of mary who was clothed with 12stars.
YYY do other christians hate catholics so much?? Is it because we are following d teachings of Jesus christ
it is because of ur pagan practices which are unchristian.
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by ukukaegbu(m): 1:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
grinface98:

If I hear..

1 Like

Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by davien(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
He said he didn't write the bible...but it was "obvious"..that catholics aren't christians.
And that they don't even "believe in hell"....therefore they aren't christians...
If you are wondering how anyone would believe any of this you just have to take into consideration the contradictory nature of the bible...from the original vague texts that were compiled and handpicked by rome to the translations and re-translation....along the line any believer would come up with his/her own brand of christianity...
Catholics are christians....whether "hell" believing or not,whether "mary venerating" or not....there is no prerequisite in the bible to be called a christian....so far as the belief can be taken on the bible they can be called christians....
Many christians today think the original christian belief is "believe in jesus,heaven,hell and good works gets you nowhere" when it was the very opposite in the beginning of institutional christianity..
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by Weah96: 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Wait, did Jesus not tell his followers to eat his body and drink his blood in remembrance of him?

Matthew 26

26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by freeradical(m): 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
Weah96:
Wait, did Jesus not tell his followers to eat his body and drink his blood in remembrance of him?

Matthew 26

26 Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, “Take, eat; this is my body.” 27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.
Abeg help me ask the man ooo whether he blind as bat
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by gatiano(m): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2014
yes, they probably would especially those that know that is wrong, yet they remained doing the wrong, so is probably okotie and his followers. what is the difference in worshipping Mary or Jesus? they are both idol worshipper and polytheists. However only GOD knows the heart of Men.
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by charsola: 10:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
Na him wey d change women like rappa say dem be wives,na him God go welcome for heaven abi? Maybe for his own version of the bible God don begin get pleased for divorcees grin
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by Weah96: 6:33am On Nov 21, 2014
freeradical:

Abeg help me ask the man ooo whether he blind as bat

He's a liar, more than likely a deliberate one. I don't believe that he hasn't seen this passage. Its recorded in ALL four gospels!! Children learn about this ritual in Sunday school

The truth is that one lie always leads to another though. ALWAYS.

1 Like

Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by An2elect2(f): 9:49am On Nov 21, 2014
Another wolf in sheep clothing exposing a group of wolves in sheep clothing. Y'all the same.
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by chidiswt: 10:30am On Nov 21, 2014
“They don’t know Jesus. They believe that when
they eat bread on Sundays, they are eating the
body of Jesus. It’s ritual." Luke 22:19 ... do this in memory of me. So did Jesus make us cannibals
?
He added that
Catholics didn't even believe in hell, but in
purgatory ("the purgatory that they invented,"
he added). The four last things according to the catholic teaching are: death, judgment, heaven, and hell. Purgatory is a place of cleansing, where souls with little defect(venial sins) are cleansed until they are fit to entre heaven.
He said that Pope
John Paul II, one of the most revered popes in
recent Catholic history, had handed over the
Catholic Church to Mary, earthly mother of
Jesus, and that the current Pope (Francis) had
done the same thing, instead of surrendering it
to Jesus Christ Himself. What u didn't understand is this: pope Johnpaul II consecrated himself to Jesus through the hands of the Blessed Virgin Mary, therefore it would be better u say tin u do know and undstand, rather than spreading false teachings.
If I am to agree with u dt all catholics would go to hell (may my heavenly Father forbid) where will an adulterous like u go? Pax
Re: "Catholics Will Go To Hell, Pope Francis Is The Anti-christ"-pastor Chris Okotie by Admiralos(m): 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Weah96:

Matthew 26

Nd nt only dat, he later said in John 6:55 dat "For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is
drink indeed"
I am a new Catholic who has neva been to a catholic church, had a catholic friend/family member nt until I became a catholic precisely 15th of June, 2014... after spending d previous years of my life being a protestant by virtue of birth... I can tell you some truth abt d catholic faith if u care to kno... Wat pastor Chris said is absolutely false but I can attribute his error to lack of knowledge of d true catholic faith... Catholics don't worship idols, Catholics don't worship Mary...

(1) (Reply)

What Positive Effect Has Your Religion/belief Had In Your Life? / Amazing: Did Jesus Say This? / Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.