Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,932 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics (3111 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Polytechnics Are Better Than Universities / Opinion: Top 10 Polytechnics In Nigeria / Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics by ishmael(m): 7:46am On Aug 08, 2006
One of the demands of ASUP is that polytechnics should be granted the rights to run Degree and post graduate Degree programmes. In your own opinion do you think Nigerian Polytechnics should be allowed to run postgraduate Degree programmes leading to the award of Msc, MTech and Phd? Lets hear your own view.
Re: Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics by Hndholder(m): 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2006
Close those Good Polytechnic down, Nigeria do not want them .Okay
Re: Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics by ishmael(m): 3:16pm On Aug 11, 2006
We dont want polytechnics to be closed down oo, we want government to allow them to start running Masters and Phd programs; after all some polytechnics have the lecturers and equipments to run such programs more than some universities that are already running them. If you care to know, some lecturers in dept of accountancy and bus admin in some polytechnics (Kadpoly, YabaTech, IMT, Fedpoly bauchi) are part time lecturers in some universities (ABU, Unilag/LASU, ESUT, ATBU) where they lecture MSc and MBA students.
Re: Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics by ishmael(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2006
Let government allow polytechnics in Nigeria to start running their own masters program.
Re: Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics by hilmarshal: 5:58pm On Sep 07, 2006
I don't know why Nigerian leaders are still back ward in decision making. Our educational sector suffers because we refuse to learn from other developed world. Whether Polytechnics or University what makes the different. After all most of the out put from Polytechnics sometimes perform better than the so-called university graduates. Statistics can confirm this. The challenge ahead is better than a mere the degree Certificate.

In my opinion Polytechnics should be given opportunity to run Masters and the PhD programmes if they have the capabilty to do so. Universities in developed countries are awarding Diplomas etc but in Nigeria someone just wake up from sleep and change the system with his selfish interest behind. No one cares to carry out research/Study about the nutured decision. No one cares to find out the future effect. No one cares to ask why developed countries such as USA, UK, Canada etc still award Diplomas in their Universities before it becomes a case in Nigeria. No one cares to ask what will be achieved after taking such decision.

For example, same Dimploma from University which is not accepted in Nigeria is accepted everywhere in the World. I started with diploma in the University in Nigeria but today with Diploma I have completed my Master of Science in one of the most advance Univerity in the world today.

Let's have people who have the future in mind before decision is taken to avoid making a mockery decision in the pretent of good.

Efanga Udoh
Re: Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics by ishmael(m): 7:26am On Sep 08, 2006
If universities can be engaging the services of polytechnic lecturers to help them run their masters programs why cant the polytechnics run their own masters program? There is politics in nigerian educational system and policies.
Re: Msc, Mtech & Phd In Nigerian Polytechnics by yahoo2(m): 7:46am On Sep 08, 2006
In my own view, if polytechnics are allowed to run and award higher degrees, it will go a long way to minimise the already created crisis between the universities and polytechnics.

(1) (Reply)

Help Pls! Nlng Undergraduate Scholarship Aptitute Test Format. Urgent! / Uniabuja Pre-degree Form / Abiapoly Lecturers Call Off Strike, Students Should Return To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.