Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,868 members, 7,855,559 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries (1355 Views)

BREAKING NEWS-- 10 Adamawa APC Exco Members Defect To PDP / Breaking: Adamawa Council Chairmen Defect To Pdp / BREAKING: Adamawa Deputy Governor, Bala Ngilari, Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2014
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar on Monday returned his expression of interest and nomination forms for the 2015 presidential election to the National Secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Abuja.
Mr. Abubakar, who is in the race against four other aspirants, pledged to be loyal and dedicated to the party no matter the outcome of the primary.
“I thank the Chairman for the opportunity to be the first to collect and first to return the forms. We will continue to be loyal and dedicated party members, no matter the outcome of the primary.
“I hereby submit the expression of interest and nomination forms duly and accurately completed,” he said.
Responding, the APC National Chairman, John Odigie-Oyegun, said he was at first nervous of the whole process but “today, I’m confident as I listen to you all.
“I want to say that with every passing day, the need for change is overpowering, made manifest from activities of people like you around the nooks and crannies of Nigeria”.
Mr. Odigie-Oyegun prayed for the best man to win the party’s ticket.
Earlier, Adamawa APC executive members and the 21 local government chairmen, held a news conference to affirm their support for the vice-president.
Led by Binta Masi-Garba, the party executives lauded Atiku’s philanthropy and social obligations.
“His marriage and business ties cut across tribe and tongue, as so his philanthropy and social obligations. Sadly, in the deeply-divided Nigeria we have today, few politicians can make such a claim.
“We are proud of the outstanding leadership role Atiku Abubakar has played in this country over the past 15 years of democracy, both within and outside government.
“He has consistently lent his voice to pressing national issues, offering counsel to the Federal Government.
“Without the least meaning to diminish his national and global stature, it is on the records that Atiku, as an individual, has done more to develop Adamawa State than any indigene of the state that is living or dead.”
She said next to the state government, he ranked as the highest employer of labour through his many businesses and industrial establishments.
She said the people were thrilled by his commitment to job creation, improving the economy, education, infrastructure, transparency in government and the overall welfare of Nigerians.
“It is on this note that the entire members of the State Executive Committee are all here.
“We are supported by the party’s chairmen in all the local government areas representing the APC in Adamawa State, and hereby endorse the Turakin Adamawa for the 2015 presidential elections.
“Following a meeting of the party executives yesterday (Sunday) evening, we unanimously resolved that we will give him our full backing towards realising his ambitions to create a Nigeria for all,” Garba said.
She also said the party believed in democracy and was open to other people’s candidacy, hence would not endorse a consensus candidacy.
(NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/171320-adamawa-apc-endorses-atiku-2015-presidential-election.html
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by bitterpenis(m): 7:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ok! Him people no suppose reject am nau

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by raumdeuter: 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2014
Good for democracy. Let's see the beauty of democracy

APC change

Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by LordVarys: 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
Atiku is a very adept politician. Expect more endorsements in the days to come

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
That awkward moment Atiku trumps Buhari at the primaries. Wonder how NL's resident APC fan club would react.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
bitterpenis:
True that but Buhari's close aide Osita Okechukwu had boasted that they'll floor Atiku even in Adamawa. PS Atiku seems the most prepared of the APC aspirants. he met with Lagos lawmakers days ago, Bauchi APC stakeholders yesterday. He's been crisscrossing the country while Buhari banks on governors.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
Who will they endorse before? Isn't Atiku the one sponsoring the Adamawa APC? It won't stop his thrashing at the APC primaries. Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by fx45(m): 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2014
bitterpenis:
But they rejected him at the PDP primaries in 2011...
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Atiku has done tremendously well in job creation. He will definitely do well as a president to reduce unemployment to its barest minimum.
Good luck to him.

Sai APC!
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by fx45(m): 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
barcanista:
Who will they endorse before? Isn't Atiku the one sponsoring the Adamawa APC? It won't stop his thrashing at the APC primaries. Sai Buhari
Buhari has never been involved in any party primaries before. He doesn't understand the terrain and the process. That's why he has been pushing for a consensus candidacy. He is swimming in strange waters and the truth is that U guys are in for a big shocker.

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Descartes: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
berem:
Atiku has done tremendously well in job creation. He will definitely do well as a president to reduce unemployment to its barest minimum.
Good luck to him.

Sai APC!
Are you accepting defeat already?
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by fx45(m): 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
berem:
Good luck to him.

Sai APC!
Does it mean U've already jettisoned the Buhari project?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
fx45:

Buhari has never been involved in any party primaries before. He doesn't understand the terrain and the process. That's why he has been pushing for a consensus candidacy. He is swimming in strange waters and the truth is that U guys are in for a big shocker.
bros forget Atiku matter. He can't be President for now

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by fx45(m): 8:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
barcanista:
Let the APC delegates be the ones to take such a decision. U can't do that on Nairaland, can U? I'll be waiting for U on the other side after the primaries... Sai Atiku!

Meanwhile.... GEJ till Buhari surrenders

2 Likes

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
fx45:

Let the APC delegates be the ones to take such a decision. U can't do that on Nairaland, can U? I'll be waiting for U on the other side after the primaries... Sai Atiku!

Meanwhile.... GEJ till Buhari surrenders
hahahaaha why are yu guys fronting Atiku? Una de fear Buhari abi?
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Descartes:
Are you accepting defeat already?
Atiku Is a good employer of labour and a detribalized Nigerian,something you accused Buhari of not what he is.
Atiku declared his assets,let Jonathan do the same.
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by ASL33: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
berem:
Good luck to him.

Sai APC!
The tone is changing from Sai Buhari to Sai APC. Hope it will finally change to Sai GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Descartes: 8:47pm On Nov 17, 2014
berem:
Atiku Is a good employer of labour and a detribalized Nigerian,something you accused Buhari of not what he is.
Atiku declared his assets,let Jonathan do the same.
Atiku if not the antics of Obj with his calculated blackmails would have made a better president. But Obj battered his image long time ago.

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
ASL33:
The tone is changing from Sai Buhari to Sai APC. Hope it will finally change to Sai GEJ
My stand is still on APC. My support goes to all candidates till the primaries are conducted.
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2014
Descartes:
Atiku if not the antics of Obj with his calculated blackmails would have made a better president. But Obj battered his image long time ago.
He is still a good presidential material. Obasanjo had his own image battered and not Atiku. I wonder why a former vice president should carry the sins of his former boss.
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by fx45(m): 8:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
barcanista:
hahahaaha why are yu guys fronting Atiku? Una de fear Buhari abi?
I can't be fronting someone who isn't a member of my party... But from the APC point of view, Atiku is a more acceptable candidate going by track records. Buhari is unsellable and a bad market any day. Whether Buhari or Atiku, GEJ still wins 2015

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by pendy79: 9:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
The beauty of democracy exhibited to the core in the APC. What the PDP fail to realise is that internal competetition without bickering drives success at the general election.

The fact that the APC candidates have realise the fact that winning the parties ticket is paramount have made them go into the field mobilising and sentisizing the populace and their supporters. It makes the work easier prior to the general election. Everyone knew Obama's biggest challenge was defeating Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Party primaries rather than squaring up with Mccain at the general election.

Our Party is on course and I'm so glad to hear the candidates expressing their support and backing to anyone that wins the ticket eventually just like the Clintons did with Obama.
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by fx45(m): 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
ASL33:
The Sai Buhari Mass Choir is already rehearsing new tunes. We're in very interesting times

1 Like

Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by ASL33: 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2014
berem:
My stand is still on APC. My support goes to all candidates till the primaries are conducted.
If you are to vote in the primaries who will you vote?
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
ASL33:
If you are to vote in the primaries who will you vote?
I won't be voting in the primaries.
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by mrofficial(m): 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
barcanista:

Giving Atiku the ticket is equals to waste. If that should happen, PDP will pop champagnes to it.

If APC is serious about sending GEJ back to Otuoke, they know who to give the ticket.

Sai Buhari!
Re: Breaking-Adamawa APC Endorse Atiku Ahead Of Primaries by Nobody: 1:33am On Nov 18, 2014
Atiku may be a shocker to many. If only the party can just close it's door to others who are yet to submit their completed forms. ***Abeg na joke I dey o***

(1) (Reply)

Should OBJ Forgive GOODLUCK As He Forgave Fayose 2 Yrs Ago(pix) / A female student Awards Scholarship to fellow Students In The Univ. Of Ibadan / Is President Goodluck Jonathan A Good Chess Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.