Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,320 members, 7,867,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 05:50 AM

Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina (11878 Views)

Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With / In Jigawa, Dangote Group Launches Rice Production Scheme / Willie Obiano Starts Rice Production & Processing In Anambra State(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Wale112(m): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2014
The G-20 summit has started in australia of the 20 biggest economies in the world..........but wait South Afica is the only country from africa, isn't nigeria the "biggest economy" as they say?

So where is it.
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by mifavour(f): 10:09am On Nov 18, 2014
iamord:

Yes It is!!.. Back then my class embarked on a major agricultural project.
Plant beans in a container and bring to school cheesy

what year did you graduate
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by iamord(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:

what year did you graduate
Lol 06 set
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by rozayx5(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2014
politricks:
Dr.
Akinwumi Adesina- One of the few ministers i constantly admire.

cool
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by pelumicoded(m): 10:12am On Nov 18, 2014
Eyen nor nyc....
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by mifavour(f): 10:13am On Nov 18, 2014
iamord:

Lol 06 set

that's it. As of 2012 it was compulsory. until I saw my cousin's result this year. No Agric. No Biology. I asked her y she said it wasn't a compulsory subject.
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by AceOfDiamonds(m): 10:19am On Nov 18, 2014
And then where is the money? What is being done with it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by iamord(m): 10:19am On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:

that's it. As of 2012 it was compulsory. until I saw my cousin's result this year. No Agric. No Biology. I asked her y she said it wasn't a compulsory subject.

That's bad. well in my set it was compulsory from jss1 _ 3 . Then from ss only compulsory for science students.. But the clas can be dry!! The problem is that the educational system does not make learning fun

1 Like

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by mifavour(f): 10:24am On Nov 18, 2014
iamord:

That's bad. well in my set it was compulsory from jss1 _ 3 . Then from ss only compulsory for science students.. But the clas can be dry!! The problem is that the educational system does not make learning fun

I swear very dry. I did it as an art student shaa.
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by xeshie: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2014
Hmmmmn 400billion? Am a major rice dealer and all my years in my biz, am yet to come across locally grown rice in NIG for the nigeria consumer.
Lies lies lies!
Come to iddo,daleko and sango....these are the rice depots of lagos n I assure u you wunt find a bag of a locally grown rice.
Or are they trying to tell me its ofada rice production that brought about ths 400billion in revenue.?
Both me n you knw ofada rice cant gross ths revenue.
We need to knw how they came about ths figures and where the local rice are bn sold to??

Before I 4gt a frnd sed the local rice is bn sold in benue state n it goes for 16k for 50kg bag lipsrsealed
Imported rice from Thailand n USA cost an average of 10k for a 50kg bag.
I leave u with the math!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by iamord(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:

I swear very dry. I did it as an art student shaa.
What does an art student have to do with agric? Which set were u?
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by mifavour(f): 10:34am On Nov 18, 2014
iamord:

What does an art student have to do with agric? Which set were u?

Our food and Nut teacher was and is a psycho. they were barely 10 in d class then. I ran to Agric class.
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by iamord(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:

Our food and Nut teacher was and is a psycho. they were barely 10 in d class then. I ran to Agric class.

Lol!!!! I Enjoyed food and nutrition class.. The lab was one of my favorite hide out! cheesy I guess you food and nut teacher whip scared you out of that class cheesy
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Johncuppa(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2014
[quote author=Pavore9 post=28118199]Hmm..creative Nigerians should even tap more from the rice husks which is regarded as waste at local rice mills and make briquettes out of them to substitute charcoal and firewood in cooking.lt only requires rice husk, used paper(as binder) & water! [/quote
Pls, let's talk more on did. Ur whatssap no pls?
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by mifavour(f): 10:40am On Nov 18, 2014
iamord:

Lol!!!! I Enjoyed food and nutrition class.. The lab was one of my favorite hide out! cheesy I guess you food and nut teacher whip scared you out of that class cheesy

the lady was almost 65years then and u know what they say about aging people.
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by ikeduru2002: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2014
Good to hear, we can only do well in agriculture if our government can help the farmers, like western world even here in China government help the farmers much bc food is a primary need for human being
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by yemmynoni: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2014
where is the money
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by iamord(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:

the lady was almost 65years then and u know what they say about aging people.

cheesy I understand !! Its going to be dull! Thank God those days are long Gone

1 Like

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Fantacy1(m): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2014
Mr Minister...ur citizens ar yet 2 feel d impact of dis Agricultural transformation. Food stuffs/items ar stil very expensive while RICE is almost unafordable
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Pavore9: 11:01am On Nov 18, 2014
@Johncuppa, read and watch the short video of briquette making from waste at www.koboideas..com I believe that will give you an idea.
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 18, 2014
I Don't see the usual MOB here....
Is there any reason? grin
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 18, 2014
xeshie:
Hmmmmn 400billion? Am a major rice dealer and all my years in my biz, am yet to come across locally grown rice in NIG for the nigeria consumer.
Lies lies lies!
Come to iddo,daleko and sango....these are the rice depots of lagos n I assure u you wunt find a bag of a locally grown rice.
Or are they trying to tell me its ofada rice production that brought about ths 400billion in revenue.?
We need to knw how they came about ths figures and where the local rice are bn sold to??

Before I 4gt a frnd sed the local rice is bn sold in benue state n it goes for 16k for 50kg bag lipsrsealed
I leave u with the math!

Am also wondering where the rice are being sold. Local rice production have met 80 percent of rice demanded locally and I am yet to come across local rice in the market save Ofada rice.. Why is statistics always different from what is available on ground
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by VellyG(m): 11:07am On Nov 18, 2014
lekinz:
Who's Dr. Akinwumi Adesina

A wrestler

Cos am from Tokyo
U are dumb.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by deletrue: 11:33am On Nov 18, 2014
politricks:
Dr.
Akinwumi Adesina- One of the few ministers i constantly admire.
Yes, I admire that minister too. His performence is seen all over the place. Just arrived home from Ojudo Berger Market, Lagos. Men, come and see rice, as well as other food stuffs. With time prices will fall seriously too. That guy is good. I would want him retained with GEJ till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by solid3(m): 11:35am On Nov 18, 2014
Chaiii!!! Chisos 400 what?

Alhaji show us the money

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by abayomi23(f): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2014
Dr adesina,the minister of agric is a criminal and must be put behind bars.where are the pady rice?,where are the 18 rice mills located?can anyone on this forum tell me if he has eaten pady rice or has seen it on shelves of rice sellers.all this statistics and figures are pure fraud.shai ,shai there is god oooo.nigerian leaders are heartless and wicked.i stand to be corrected,over 90% of rice consumed in nigeria are imported.

1 Like

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by VellyG(m): 11:48am On Nov 18, 2014
Most of the packaged rice u see in super markets are locally made. We are getting there soon . Dangote is investing 1trillion on rice production and in no time we will become the Thailand of Africa. this is Truly uncommon transformation. GEJ ministers are really working Hard. Pls let's put sentiment aside and acknowledge gej for all these changes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Johncuppa(m): 11:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Pavore9:
@Johncuppa, read and watch the short video of briquette making from waste at www.koboideas..com I believe that will give you an idea.
Tanx.
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by juman(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
This government is overrating its achievement on agric.

Why the millions of unemployed youths not into farming if the government claim is right?
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by salt1: 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
abayomi23:
Dr adesina,the minister of agric is a criminal and must be put behind bars.where are the pady rice?,where are the 18 rice mills located?can anyone on this forum tell me if he has eaten pady rice or has seen it on shelves of rice sellers.all this statistics and figures are pure fraud.shai ,shai there is god oooo.nigerian leaders are heartless and wicked.i stand to be corrected,over 90% of rice consumed in nigeria are imported.

He isn't lying dear. I pardon ur ignorance. Most of the rice you eat is locally produced. Yes I have seen the integrated rice mills in Ebonyi State. These mills dehusk, parboil, dry, mill, de-stone and bag the rice. It is amazing! And saves the farmers a lot of work.
To make it acceptable to you folks that like "foreign" rice, your brothers buy this rice, pour little groundnut oil on it and re-bag as Thai rice and sell.
The Minister of Agric is working. Some of my family members have accessed the soft Agric loans. I have also purchased the easily-available clearweeds

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by anonimi: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
xeshie:
Lies lies lies!

I leave u with the math!

Thanks for sharing the testimony of your friend in Benue that Nigerian (not local) rice is being sold there at a price higher than imported rice is being sold in Lagos. Have you considered the price differential for the imported rice if it were to be sold in Benue also after being transported all the way from Lagos

Meanwhile, below is a map of Nigeria

What % do you think your Lagos markets of "iddo,daleko and sango" represent

- 1%
- 3%
- 10%

Let us stop this sense of over-bloated importance because we are in Lagos angry
Re: Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina by Justice629(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
salt1:

He isn't lying dear. I pardon ur ignorance. Most of the rice you eat is locally produced. Yes I have seen the integrated rice mills in Ebonyi State. These mills dehusk, parboil, dry, mill, de-stone and bag the rice. It is amazing! And saves the farmers a lot of work.
To make it acceptable to you folks that like "foreign" rice, your brothers buy this rice, pour little groundnut oil on it and re-bag as Thai rice and sell.
The Minister of Agric is working. Some of my family members have accessed the soft Agric loans. I have also purchased the easily-available clearweeds

How much were you paid by PDP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Our 120 Birds Capacity Poultry Cage @ 70,000 Naira(whatsapp :08062246255. / Lagos And Kebbi To Produce Nigeria’s Rice Requirements (70%) / Farming Or Relocating Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.