Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Farming Or Relocating Abroad - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Farming Or Relocating Abroad (11794 Views)

Should I Stay Home And Start Goat Farming Or I Should Travel To Poland / Are You Into Fish Farming Or Starting A Fish Farming Buisness? (catfish) / Rabbit Farming Or Fish Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello Nairalander,

I need your suggestion and advice because I just acquired 7 hectares of land for plantain farming in ekiti which will be planted by February next year, the place is secured and free from bandits or herdsmen but everybody is telling me to do relocation instead of farming even though I’ve invested up to 4 million naira into this project because I love Agric….

Please which one is the best advice for me right now as I know how I can make it big by planting up to 10,000 suckers of plantain on this land and get the return in a year, is there market for large production of plantain?

Mods please help me to push this to front page as this is my only option of surviving

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by IamAsiri: 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2022
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

I need your suggestion and advice because I just acquired 7 hectares of land for plantain farming in ekiti which will be planted by February next year, the place is secured and free from bandits or herdsmen but everybody is telling me to do relocation instead of farming even though I’ve invested up to 4 million naira into this project because I love Agric…. Please which one is the best advice for me right now as I know how I can make it big by planting up to 10,000 suckers of plantain on this land and get the return in a year, is there market for large production of plantain?

Mods please help me to push this to front page as this is my only option of surviving

Seun lalasticlala Mynd44 nlfpmod

Try your plantation for a year now, after which you can then decide whether or not you want to relocate. If the place is secure from bandits, herdsmen and thieves, what then is stopping you from trying it out?

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Londonderry: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
If I were you I will try the farming because abroad is not Uhuru as some think. Farm and pray against Buhari's kinsmen visiting your farm.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by dawnomike(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

I need your suggestion and advice because I just acquired 7 hectares of land for plantain farming in ekiti which will be planted by February next year, the place is secured and free from bandits or herdsmen but everybody is telling me to do relocation instead of farming even though I’ve invested up to 4 million naira into this project because I love Agric…. Please which one is the best advice for me right now as I know how I can make it big by planting up to 10,000 suckers of plantain on this land and get the return in a year, is there market for large production of plantain?

start your plantain plantation and still relocate. Only come around during harvests

4 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Praisepriest: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
If you get the tricks and logic right, you will reap double millions the following year. With good management and smart work. You will be richer than japa people. Person wey travel and we wey dey here, na money we are both looking for.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Praisepriest: 6:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
If you need a manger, am available. Based in ekiti.

13 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 7:19pm On Dec 29, 2022
Is there where they buy plantain in large quantities? Make money no go waste

2 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Praisepriest:
If you need a manger, am available. Based in ekiti.

Where do you base in ekiti ?

1 Like

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
lalasticlala Mynd44
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by sedulus(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please Read this above income analysis for Plantain Farming business you will seriously be glad for venturing into such business....Please Call us after reading call � 08120757274 08057761905

NO Consultant Can Tell You This !
PROFIT ANALYSIS PER ACRE OF PLANTAIN FARM INVESTMENT.
When u plant 900 At most 950 should incase of mortality rate ...
We expect 900 Pieces To Harvest.
Now We All Understood that 12 Pieces Means One Dozen .
900 ÷ 12 = 75 Dozen Is What One Acre Will Produce .
Market Women With Oyo state Price Buy Per Dozen For N8000 Per Dozen.
Now , What ur One Acre Produces After Getting planting Of 900 is 75 Dozen...Now Let Do The Mathematics.
75 Dozen x N8000 = N600,000.00k Is What One Acre Will Produce . Now multiply N600k by 17.5 = N10,500,000.00k I what u will be realising
Terms & Conditions Apply .
1. No Uniform Harvest
2. No Equal Friuting Sizes
3. No Instant Profit .
4. No Instant( RIO )
5. No Uniform Harvest.

ADVANTAGE.
1. Annual Income Qurantee
2. No Reinvestment Capital
3. Continuous Return Of Investment For 10Years Without Another Capital Been Needed
4. No Annual Management Process.... unlike the first planting year .

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Jub101(m): 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
I don’t know if you are on irrigation but if not you cannot plant plantain by February. Another time to put into consideration is an arable crop that you can plant with your plantain which will give you ROI within 3 months so that you will use the money from that to be maintaining your plantain plantation. Examples of arable crops are maize,Okro, pepper ,tomato

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
Jub101:
I don’t know if you are on irrigation but if not you cannot plant plantain by February. Another time to put into consideration is an arable crop that you can plant with your plantain which will give you ROI within 3 months so that you will use the money from that to be maintaining your plantain plantation. Examples of arable crops are maize,Okro, pepper ,tomato

Thank you

Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by komoland: 4:35am On Dec 30, 2022
Please don't relocate at all, get an expart in plantain plantation that will manage your farm and plant your plantain, please monitor your farm by your self don't rely on your farm manager.

Talking from experience.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Bishopatra: 6:45am On Dec 30, 2022
Op...there's a lot of money to be made in farming, agriculture is not a get rich quick scheme,there's a lot of learning curve that can get u frustrated most times,but the ability to arise above this struggles is what will give u returns..
My advice is ,plant the plantain,manage them properly,and from there u can learn the tricks.
In future,u can diversify your enterprise,from having short term crops,to midterm,and long-term.
But don't expect quick returns, agriculture is not a get rich quick scheme

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2022
Front page
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:28am On Dec 30, 2022
Relocating na process too, take your time on the plantain farming for the time being. Also, check out other plantain plantation nearby for some tips.

12 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by FreshFarmAgro: 8:53am On Dec 30, 2022
Don't listen to people telling you abroad. I've been in plantain for ten years. Consult with me and I will guide you

8 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Emempaul(m): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
Guy plant palm tree, lease the land to farmers to maintain your palm tree while they farm their crops , then relocate

6 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 11:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
Someone is telling me to plant pineapple again instead of plantain see all this thing na market where will I sell them
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Nigerfine3: 2:16am On Dec 31, 2022
Zerofarm:
Someone is telling me to plant pineapple again instead of plantain see all this thing na market where will I sell them
You cannot exhaust the market, they will come to you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Kennethvnimrod(m): 6:44am On Dec 31, 2022
I will actually advice you to draft a business plan, Most business are on the perk of destruction while some are not effective because they fail to do the necessary things before setting up their business: Many people do not understand the space of bPlan in making their business functioning, cause an average Nigeria will think bPlan is only use to acquire a loan or grant...
If you would like to know more or get a comprehensive bPlan for your business with a detailed Market Research you can reach out to me on 08161828829
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Zerofarm: 2:00pm On Dec 31, 2022
Nigerfine3:

You cannot exhaust the market, they will come to you

Are you sure there’s somewhere I can sell plantain or pineapple in a large scale ?
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by jmichael259(m): 7:35pm On Jan 01, 2023
Zerofarm:

Are you sure there’s somewhere I can sell plantain or pineapple in a large scale ?

Every village, town or state capital has a food stuff market, early morning market, a weekly market or relief market. That is where your goods will be rushed. With time and little advert, the traders will start coming to your farm directly. Plantain sales is most assured even on daily basis with so less travel needed.

I don't know if pineapple will coexist in commercial quantity on the same land so that you try both since your mind is doing you one kind.

They have already explained to you, no uniform harvest. Meaning all of them cannot not be mature at the same time. For example, maybe you sell 100today, next week 65, the upper week 170. It's natural way of plantain. It's a steady income stream and you can go do other business or plant other crops for more income. Once started, It doesn't need your daily feeding or insecticide bla bla bla to survive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Goodbadbowy419: 10:01pm On Jan 01, 2023
jmichael259:

Every village, town or state capital has a food stuff market, early morning market, a weekly market or relief market. That is where your goods will be rushed. With time and little advert, the traders will start coming to your farm directly. Plantain sales is most assured even on daily basis with so less travel needed.

I don't know if pineapple will coexist in commercial quantity on the same land so that you try both since your mind is doing you one kind.

They have already explained to you, no uniform harvest. Meaning all of them cannot not be mature at the same time. For example, maybe you sell 100today, next week 65, the upper week 170. It's natural way of plantain. It's a steady income stream and you can go do other business or plant other crops for more income. Once started, It doesn't need your daily feeding or insecticide bla bla bla to survive.

What can you say about cocoa farming bro??
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by FarmTech(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2023
I hope you have the financial capacity to farm it oo. It is not easy as there are challenges. I have about 200 plantains and banana. I suggest you include banana because it is more profitable despite having similat expense as plantain. Please start small - like 1 acre. From that experience you will know whether to expand or diversify.
Farming requires your presence. If not farm workers will ruin it with theft. There might also be thieves from the neighbourhoods.
I suggest you gain from my experience here:
How to Grow Plantain and Make Money Part 1 of 3

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by emmyvet(m): 10:55pm On Jan 02, 2023
Zerofarm:
Hello Nairalander,

With the current condition of Nigeria, I'd advice you move and when you settle abroad you can startup your business back home.

I was in your shoe sometime in 2021 and moving was the best step I took and now I have been able to setup the same business I was contemplating to set up or move.

If you are traveling legally to a developed country it will be a better investment.

7 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Nigerfine3: 2:21am On Jan 03, 2023
jmichael259:

Pineapple does very very well with plantain, they like shade which they get from the plantain. Pineapple also does well with cocoa

2 Likes

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by DropsMic(m): 8:15am On Jan 03, 2023
Yawn

1 Like

Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by sotall(m): 8:16am On Jan 03, 2023
cool
Re: Farming Or Relocating Abroad by Obinnau(m): 8:16am On Jan 03, 2023
I am in the same dilemma. But in this case oil palm plantation in the south.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Heading For Famine Due To Boko Haram Killings — Kaduna Farmers / Steps To Becoming A Succesful Dog Breeder / Rice Production Generates N400b To Nigeria’s Economy – Adesina

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.