Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Where Is The Federal Government Located??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Federal Government Located??? (931 Views)

We’ve Located Chibok Girls In Sambisa Forest And Going For Them - Nigeria Army / Musiliu Obanikoro's Hideout Located - Sahara Reporters (Snapshot) / We Located Chibok Girls But Couldn’t Rescue Them– Uk Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Alphaoscar: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
Jasper Azuatalam
WHERE IS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED?
Stunning facts that you must know about the
Nigerian government
By Jasper Azuatalam
November 18, 2014
The total money shared by the three arms of
government in Nigeria for September 2014 is
#603.5 Billion. President Jonathan took #313.82
Billion, gave the 36 states #156.9 Billion and the
remaining #132.77 Billion to the 774 LGAs. The
sharing formula is that the Federal Government
takes 52%, the 36 states share 26% while the
remaining 22% goes to the 774 Local Governments.
The Bayelsa state government just released the
figures for its 2015 proposed budget and the total
capital expenditure is #144 Billion. This means that
the total money to be used by Bayelsans in one
whole year is less than 50% of what the Federal
Government uses in one month (As in the case of
#313.82 Billion for the month of September 2014).
The Federal Government gets 52 per cent the total
income of the federation while the 36 state
governments in the federation share 26 per cent.
There are three governments in the Nigeria family ─
the federal, the state and the local governments ─
and we get income from three major sources. One
is oil, the others are charges and import duties.
Last year in Apapa Lagos state alone, between
January and June, the published income for the
Federal Government was N1.4tn.
States do not collect taxes from the companies in
Nigeria. Once you declare your profit, certain
percentage is paid to the Federal Government. What
states collect is personal income tax on the
employees of the companies. Yet, the Federal
Government has failed to provide electricity. If there
is power today, many companies will pick up.
It is important to ask ourselves this question; where
is the Federal Government Located? How does the
Federal Government spend its own resources and
how should the Federal Government spend its own
resources? In all the states and LGAs, there are
Projects allocated to the Federal Government like
Federal roads, Federal Institutions, Power, Energy
etc .Irrespective of these facts, the state
governments are doing Federal Government projects
abandoned by the Federal Government in their
respective states.
It is a fact that many state governments like Rivers,
Edo, Imo, Lagos and others have done projects
allocated to the Federal Government and till date,
the Federal Government is yet to refund them. You
can also recall that many governors like that of Abia,
Rivers, Edo, and many others have cried out that
there has not been any Federal government project
in their states for many years.
This is why I ask; where is the Federal Government
located? At least, I know where Imo state, Rivers
state, Kwara state, Abia state, lagos state etc are
located and I can see how they spend their 26%
that the Federal Government gives to them. What I
cannot say is whether many of them manage the
26% efficiently.
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Gbemmyxal(f): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
The way it has been, is the way it currently is (if not worse), and so shall it continue to be (if nothing is done.
Think revolution in Nigeria - preach revolution to Nigerians.
Together we can
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Alphaoscar:
Jasper Azuatalam
WHERE IS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LOCATED?
Stunning facts that you must know about the

My dear..don't look too far.

It is called stomach infrastructure

PDP believes so much in national cake than dividends of democracy. Chop make I chop.

So the federal govt money is just like an investor's profit. There are so many mouths for PDP to fees. So many God fathers since the 1990s. There are so many shareholders.

So at the end, federal govt would only deal with white elephant projects such as airports, some major roads, donations here and there to NGOs and some brilliant students..and then buy rice for some voters.

That's all.
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Eggcelent(m): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
Good Thinking. Just a reflection of our lopsided federalism. FG spends most of its money on overheads; that is why the ministers & senators can afford retinue of needless aides. Same reason why federal civil service is overbloated
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Alphaoscar: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
soe:

My dear..don't look too far.

It is called stomach infrastructure

PDP believes so much in national cake than dividends of democracy. Chop make I chop.

So the federal govt money is just like an investor's profit. There are so many mouths for PDP to fees. So many God fathers since the 1990s. There are so many shareholders.

So at the end, federal govt would only deal with white elephant projects such as airports, some major roads, donations here and there to NGOs and some brilliant students..and then buy rice for some voters.

That's all.

its high time our revenue sharing formular be reviewed and more revenue should be in the hand of the tiers of government closer to the people.
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2014
The FG is located in Abuja, undecided

The crooks over there believe so much in squandering and embezzling our money.
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
APC Fg dey for Sambisa
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by PaulJohn1: 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
The federal government doesn't necessarily translate to a location like it is for each state.
The federal government I believe spends most of her 52% monthly revenue on salaries and very few on projects across the states in the federation plus FCT.

I think the FG spends her 52% this way.
-The presidency takes the biggest chunk. (E.g. the N1b food taken by the first family as said)
-The ministers and their ministries.
-The law makers(highest paid on earth)

-Then salaries of salaries(forces, lecturers, doctors, and the likes...)

-The very few left is spent on few projects in the different states that the President and the governors have good relationship.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Alphaoscar: 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
PaulJohn1:
The federal government doesn't necessarily translate to a location like it is for each state.
The federal government I believe spends most of her 52% monthly revenue on salaries and very few on projects across the states in the federation plus FCT.

I think the FG spends her 52% this way.
-The presidency takes the biggest chunk. (E.g. the N1b food taken by the first family as said)
-The ministers and their ministries.
-The law makers(highest paid on earth)

-Then salaries of salaries(forces, lecturers, doctors, and the likes...)

-The very few left is spent on few projects in the different states that the President and the governors have good relationship.
Re: Where Is The Federal Government Located??? by Alphaoscar: 10:10am On Nov 23, 2014
Read Prof Tam David West;
"Religion is a personal thing and every man has the right to choose his own, or practice it the way he likes. Most of the sycophants that use religion to defame the character of Buhari are
not even practicing their acclaimed self righteousness. Many of them are occultists. They kill and conduct daily human sacrifices to remain in power. Buhari is a man of integrity and I respect him a lot. But because majority of those who have looted this country to poverty are afraid to end up in jail or loose their ill gotten wealth, they chose to fabricate lies against Buhari. They hire hungry and morally
corrupted scholars to do the dirty jobs on their behalf.
It is quite unfortunate that Nigerians buy all the lies they trade through the media.

This is the only country where people prefer to believe in a hear say than make a research. Only a minute population of Nigerians are
willing to investigate an allegation before they draw conclusions.

Nigerians have resolved to be praise singers to corrupt leaders. We have failed to ask for accountability. Our conscience has been
beclouded with religious and ethnic sentiments. Our sense of judgement and reason have been blinded by poverty.

We chose to mortgage our
tomorrow and the future of our children for the rice and a few Naira notes they share during elections.
All we believe is the roads, the bridges, the railways, the electricity they build only on televisions.
I always ask my self these questions:

1. Where are the roads? The Abuja - Lokoja road was awarded by Obasanjo's administration. He spent 8 years in the office. Then Yaradua and
Goodluck spent another 4years. Now if
Goodluck is elected, he will be spending another 8 years.

This will amount to 20years and 180 km road is yet to be completed. Enugu - Onitsha
road was also awarded by the Obasanjo administration and till date, a journey that is supposed to take 45 minutes can take you 8 hours if it rains.

Enugu- PH road is on the same
series. What about Uyo - Calabar route? Just to mention a few.

2. Where is the power? They sold all the NEPA to their friends. We pay for the light that was not supplied.

3. Our education and health system go bad everyday. Lecturers and Health workers spent more time at home than in the schools and hospitals as a result of incessant strikes.

The government failed to provide us with security. People are being killed everyday and yet government comes out to tell us they are in control.

4. Why are we pretending that all is well? It is only in Nigeria where monies develop wings and fly. $20 billion oil money disappeared and they said it was $10 billion. Forensic investigators
were hired and that was the end of the story. N20 billion pension fund stolen and nothing came out of it. $9.3 million seized in South Africa and government claimed it was meant for
ammunition purchase. The immigration scandal has also been swept under the carpet because the senate could not proceed with their investigation. The man behind the contract is sitting among the high seats in the senate.
Innocent people were defrauded and they at the same time lost their lives yet, we have a transparent governance.

5. Why are we praising government as if they are doing whatever with their personal money. How many people in their various communities
have they provided scholarship with their personal money before they got elected? The reason they got elected is to manage our resources and not to loot us dry.

One thing I know is that we will not have any meaningful development except if we make a
change. Age or no age, Buhari is a better option for the present day Nigeria"
Please pass it on...

(1) (Reply)

Is This Democracy Or Democrazy? / Excerpts From Obasanjo's Book About Jonathan - Cramjones / The Man, Buhari And His Politics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.