Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate (1702 Views)

Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor / Tinubu May Emerge as APC BoT chairman / Peter Obi Appointed As Chairman Of SEC By President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2014
[size=15pt]APC convention: Fayemi named as chairman, may emerge as Vice President candidate[/size]

Former Ekiti State governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi was yesterday named the chairman of the Presidential Convention Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The development has heightened expectations that Fayemi may be picked as the running-mate to whoever emerged as the presidential candidate.

His name was shortlisted after the speculated Muslim-Muslim ticket was opposed by many chieftains of the party.

Speaking at the inauguration of the 24-man committee, Oyegun promised Nigerians that the convention would be credible and transparent.

He charged the committee to prove their detractors wrong, who always castigated the party as a bunch of strange bed-fellows.

He said: “You will recall that at every stage of our existence, there were prophets of doom, particularly coming from our opponent, from the other side.

“At every critical stage, they said, the collection of strange bed fellows, they wouldn’t get it done”.

Source: http://dailypost.ng/2014/11/19/apc-convention-fayemi-named-chairman-may-emerge-vice-president-candidate/

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2014
I am much happier to see Fayemi emerging as the Vice President...

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by spillyboy14: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2014
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Zakkyoz: 9:17am On Nov 19, 2014
God when will my people get it right. i cannot endure another four years of this ...............

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 19, 2014
That wouldn't be a Bad idea tho...

Buhari/Fayemi Vs GEJ/Ghost Sambo
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by donphilopus: 9:37am On Nov 19, 2014
He said: “You will recall that at every stage of our existence, there were prophets of doom, particularly coming from our opponent, from the other side.

Sir, we know the Prophets and the prophetess. They've been predicting the downfall of APC, yet APC is still waxing stronger.

APC will fail to be registered as a political party - It was registered.

APC will collapse after their National Convention - It's still waxing stronger.

Presidential Primaries will mark the end of APC - Sorry, your prophecy is doomed!

5 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 19, 2014
No I don't want Buhari/fayemi.

I'll rather have

Buhari/Fashola
Buhari/Oshiomole
Buhari/ Okorocha

Besides...I'm pretty sure that if Fayemi is chosen...
PDP will frustrate them by using Fayose and EFCC to detain, accuse and malign Fayemi's integrity...now that will stain Buhari even more.

6 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by nzeobi(m): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2014
We are talking abou 0/16. Loosing all local govts including yours shows you are of no electoral value

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2014
Buhari certainly but not sure of Fayemi

3 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2014
Zakkyoz:
God when will my people get it right. i cannot endure another four years of this ...............

Please how do you mean? FOur years under GEJ you mean.
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2014
soe:

I'll rather have

Buhari/Fashola
Buhari/Oshiomole
Buhari/ Okorocha

Buhari/Fashola would have been the best but because of the Muslim/Muslim ticket saga, it was dropped.
Buhari/Oshiomole will not work cos that Oshiomole is not clean and will taint Buhari...
Buhari/Okorocha? The Okorocha should go and check his moral values first.

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2014
berem:
undecided undecided
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by ebamma3: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2014
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 19, 2014
leatherback:

Buhari/Fashola would have been the best but because of the Muslim/Muslim ticket saga, it was dropped.
Buhari/Oshiomole will not work cos that Oshiomole is not clean and will taint Buhari...
Buhari/Okorocha? The Okorocha should go and check his moral values first.
Wait a minute.
Did you just say Oshiomole is not clean? How is that?

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 19, 2014
soe:

Wait a minute.

Gbabe... When he was NLC leader... His mouth was closed to some issues cos of what? Please I dont want to go into that now...

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by bright8(m): 9:53am On Nov 19, 2014
If he Fayemi ever becomes VP(mission impossible), how much bed will he now be sleeping on? 1billion naira bed?

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 19, 2014
berem:

I doubt much as well...

The exact sentiment expressed by the moniker above me will come to fore...trust PDP to blast such issue out of the roof.
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 19, 2014
ilugunboy:

I doubt much as well...

The exact sentiment expressed by the moniker above me will come to fore...trust PDP to blast such issue out of the roof.
true that. Watch how they will rubbish fayemi's name on nairaland.

How I wish fashola was a christian.

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by donphilopus: 10:06am On Nov 19, 2014
soe:

Wait a minute.

You shouldn't have quoted the guy cos he doesn't know what he's saying.

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 19, 2014
berem:

You can say that over and over again...

bright8:
If he Fayemi ever becomes VP(mission impossible), how much bed will he now be sleeping on? 1billion naira bed?

But we all can see what the other guy is doing there... Do you know the amount he spent before moving into that governor's aos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by stabillo(m): 11:40am On Nov 19, 2014
Hahaha ...Fayemi for Vice President? not sure if it's "the Nigeria I come from" GEJ's Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by edogirl2: 11:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Politically, Fayemi will be a poor choice as VP.

Under his watch and because of his political naivety, APC was totally humiliated and embarrassed in the Ekiti Polls. He couldn't win a single local government. How can he then the best candidate for VP.

I understand he is a nice and intelligent man, but this is politics, and right now he is bad market.

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
edogirl2:

Politically, Fayemi will be a poor choice as VP.

Under his watch and because of his political naivety, APC was totally humiliated and embarrassed in the Ekiti Polls. He couldn't win a single local government. How can he then the best candidate for VP.

I understand he is a nice and intelligent man, but this is politics, and right now he is bad market.

That was because he did not rig the elections!
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by gratiaeo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
soe:

I'll rather have

Buhari/Fashola
Buhari/Oshiomole
Buhari/ Okorocha

Besides...I'm pretty sure that if Fayemi is chosen...
PDP will frustrate them by using Fayose and EFCC to detain, accuse and malign Fayemi's integrity... now that will stain Buhari even more.

Hypo will not wash Buhari stained image. Buhari is a pretender

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by BBackOurGlory: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
best of goodluck to them..if this will make them to stop bombing and abducting our girls
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by gratiaeo(m): 1:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
berem:

That is the simplest thing to do! He can reject Islam and accept Jesus Christ as his personal lord and saviour today.

(According to 2 Corinthians 5:17)
"Therefore if a man is in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are past away, behold, all things are become new."

2 Likes

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by gebest: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2014
somebody dat was rejected in his state and u think nigerians will accept him as vice presidenr, if apc did nt pick either oshiomhole, amaeche or rochas, den forget about d presidency gej wins.
Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
Lol,a man that was flogged by Fayose in his own backyard to emerge as Vice Presidential candidate?
grin grin grin
This is getting interesting.

APC is just a party of loosers

1 Like

Re: APC Convention: Fayemi Named As Chairman, May Emerge As Vice President Candidate by GBTYO: 4:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
Fresh from a sweeping electoral azz whipping.

Fayemi is about to add more jinx to an already jinxed Buhari

I see grown men crying come 2015

(1) (Reply)

Shocker! Ararume Clinches Imo PDP Ticket. / Stop Sharing Pix From Maiduguri APC Rally / Is This The Present True Picture Of Buhari ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.