Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Is There A Limit To Respecting Your Clients? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There A Limit To Respecting Your Clients? (428 Views)

Cbn Limits Overseas Atm Cash Withdrawal Limit To Ngn60,000 / CBN Increases Outbound Transfer Limit To $5,000 / CBN Raises Cash Limit To N500k For Individuals & N3m For Corporate Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There A Limit To Respecting Your Clients? by hahn(m): 9:58am On Nov 19, 2014
Hello y'all! I'm an online marketer and I'm the CEO of The Nimini Store. Our company is registered under the CAC and we've been in business for more than 2 years. We deal in 100% virgin human hair and we have clients and deliver nationwide

Most of our adverts are online based since we're an online store and we tend to get lots of requests on whatsapp and bbm. Recently though, a prospect contacted us via whatsapp. I showed her pics of different hair types etc and she told me what kind of style she had in mind. We later concluded on the price and all that was left was for her to make payment so we can go on to deliver her product. She told me she would call me so we could discuss over the phone.

She didn't call me that same day but later till the next day. I have two seperate phones, my bb for pinging and chatting and my small nokia phone to receive phone calls. She called me on my nokia phone so I didn't have her number on that phone and after picking I said, "hello, good morning". She said, "good morning", then I asked, "please, who is this?". All of a sudden just said, rather rudely, "I'm the one chatting with you since and you're asking me who this is?". When you're ready to do business, call me back!".

At first it was funny. So, I called her back and she didn't pick. Then I sent an explanation on whatsapp why I didn't know she was the one calling. Fast forward to this morning, I sent her messages on whatsapp, "hello, good morning". And her reply is below:

"I have cautioned you before. When addressing me, its either good morning ma or aunty. In the area of the world we believe in mannerism. If you don't want to have it then that's your business. How old are you?"

All this coming from someone who has never met me in person nor knows who I am.

What do you think? If you have a business share your experience with a client who seems to be over demanding respect.
Re: Is There A Limit To Respecting Your Clients? by kennyslim1(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2014
Respect her for the sake of your business...some people have rejection problem, deal with it!
Re: Is There A Limit To Respecting Your Clients? by hahn(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2014
kennyslim1:
Respect her for the sake of your business...some people have rejection problem, deal with it!

Thanks. Have you had any experience like that?
Re: Is There A Limit To Respecting Your Clients? by hahn(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
kennyslim1:

I just sent her a message and apologised and we're now cool. I guess its important to leave personal feelings out of business. If a client insists on being respected then respected they will be

(1) (Reply)

Gtb Domiciliary Dollar Account Mastercard / Booked / Why Is Deadey Refuse To Bring My Ordered Item?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.