Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . (1146 Views)

Nigerians Who Returned From Niger Queue For HIV/AIDS Test (photo) / Are Nigerians Who Reject Free Condoms Hypocrites? / WHO- Ebola Survivors Blood To Be Used For Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by osile2012: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
99% of people i know that visited India for treatment come back to Nigeria and die after a while. I wonder if this India stuff is really worth it or are they killing Nigerians on purpose. The person is treated well enough to come back to Nigeria and stay a while then dies. What do you think about the Indian health care system ?
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by chidekings(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
good and critical observation
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by ITbomb(m): 12:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
I will look into it
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by LORDI(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Oga jona should set up a committee to look into this matter.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2014
I hope this is a lie.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by chymystique(f): 6:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
osile2012:
99% of people i know that visited India for treatment come back to Nigeria and die after a while. I wonder if this India stuff is really worth it or are they killing Nigerians on purpose. The person is treated well enough to come back to Nigeria and stay a while then dies. What do you think about the Indian health care system ?

I thought I was the only one that ve thought of this.. I dunnooo if indians are the ones killing, and I don't give a dammn about their health care system, all is I know is that I can never take my loved ones or advice anyone to go to india for medical treatment.. Almost Every single person I know that ve gone there for treatment are dead.. I heard peeps go there cause its cheaper sad
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by ayinba1(f): 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
The long flights to and fro predisposes the people to DVT or deep vein thrombosis (a blood clot in the arm or leg) which could dislodge and cause a massive PE ( pulmonary embolism) or a CVA (stroke) which could cause instant death or death in a week.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by osile2012: 12:41am On Nov 22, 2014
ayinba1:
The long flights to and fro predisposes the people to DVT or deep vein thrombosis (a blood clot in the arm or leg) which could dislodge and cause a massive PE ( pulmonary embolism) or a CVA (stroke) which could cause instant death or death in a week.

[size=15pt]Do they make it clear to Nigerians before the collect thousands of dollars for treatment.[/size]
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:06am On Nov 22, 2014
osile2012:
India has a wonderful health care system that is private-sector led.Lets make no mistakes. However, people go there for the wrong indications; imagine someone going there with a stage 4 cancer.What did that kind of person expect as outcome within a few months or at best a few more years following the palliative treatment initiated in India? Patients with treatable curable conditions needing high-tech interventions do well in India than Nigeria because they can at least produce & maintain many of their equipment unlike in Nigeria!
Summary,many of the cases going to India have no business going their in the first place. All they needed was appropriate palliation which are also available locally.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:10am On Nov 22, 2014
ayinba1:
Has any autopsy report backed this claim up at any time?

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by widowhusband: 1:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
most present there very late, more like last resort for moribund case, and the family feels justified that they have done their best.

1 Like

Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by rabimlomo: 6:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
widowhusband:
most present there very late, more like last resort for moribund case, and the family feels justified that they have done their best.
I agree. most people go there as a last resort plus the stress of flying for several hours.
Re: Majority Of Nigerians Who Visit India For Treatment Die . by ayinba1(f): 12:30am On Dec 01, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

Has any autopsy report backed this claim up at any time?
Dunno. Just that tourist health predisposed one to DVT - pe and stroke.
Maybe it killed those people, maybe not. I don't know . Sorry if my post sounded like I had data

(1) (Reply)

When Doctors And Patients Of Opposite Sex Are Biologically Related / Treatment For Withlow / Pls What's Epsom Salt, And Where Can It Be Bought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.