Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Stranded Groom To Be - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stranded Groom To Be (2042 Views)

This Groom Can't Wait For His Wedding Night / Italian Based Nigerian Stranded In The Village As Ladies Refuse To Marry Him / Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stranded Groom To Be by cheyi(m): 1:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
HELLO N/L,MY FRIEND GOT A DOUBLE PORTION OF THINGS AS HE GOT HIS GIRLFRIEND PREGNANT AND GOT A NEW JOB MONTHS BACK.THE WIFE FAMILY WANTS MARRIAGE END OF THE MONTH.HE NEEDS A LOAN OF 500,000 TO MEET UP THE FINANCIAL OBLIGATION OF THE MARRIAGE TO PAY BACK IN 5 MONTHS WITH INTEREST.HE CURRENTLY EARNS ABOVE 200,000.PAYING BACK WONT BE A PROBLEM..SEND A MAIL TO seyisheydec14@gmail.com OR 07036321366 FOR ANYONE IN POSITION TO HELP.
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by pickabeau1: 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
Never borrow to execute a wedding

Make do with what you have

If he is borrowing for wedding what of the accommodation or baby items

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by bukatyne(f): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
pickabeau1:
Never borrow to execute a wedding

Make do with what you have

If he is borrowing for wedding what of the accommodation or baby items

He earns well and can sustain his family according to the OP but needs the more in bulk for the wedding ceremony

@OP: Your 'friend' can open a bank account with FCMB and take a loan of N500,000 or N600,000 and pay back in one year

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by pickabeau1: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

He earns well and can sustain his family according to the OP but needs the more in bulk for the wedding ceremony

@OP: Your 'friend' can open a bank account with FCMB and take a loan of N500,000 or N600,000 and pay back in one year

Still not a good idea to borrow
What if an emergency ensues just after the wedding
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
cheyi:
HELLO N/L,MY FRIEND GOT A DOUBLE PORTION OF THINGS AS HE GOT HIS GIRLFRIEND PREGNANT AND GOT A NEW JOB MONTHS BACK.THE WIFE FAMILY WANTS MARRIAGE END OF THE MONTH.HE NEEDS A LOAN OF 500,000 TO MEET UP THE FINANCIAL OBLIGATION OF THE MARRIAGE TO PAY BACK IN 5 MONTHS WITH INTEREST.HE CURRENTLY EARNS ABOVE 200,000.PAYING BACK WONT BE A PROBLEM..SEND A MAIL TO seyisheydec14@gmail.com OR 07036321366 FOR ANYONE IN POSITION TO HELP.

Your friend have a job of 200k for some months now , and all of a sudden he wants a loan of 500k for marriage.

Its either you and your friend are fraud or something is wrong with both of you

9 Likes

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
cheyi:

Why will he borrow to have a wedding? Why wont they have a small court wedding, church blessing and parlour traditional? God forbid that I encourage anyone to start their life on credit

3 Likes

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Exjoker(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
Tell your friend to claim his baby then dump the girl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
pickabeau1:

Still not a good idea to borrow
What if an emergency ensues just after the wedding

If he borrows about N500,000K he is paying back 40+ monthly. He still has 150+ to play around with.

This is a shotgun wedding so I doubt the option of saving till he can afford it and the wifey to be contributing because she is still a student though her family still has to pay their part.

I will just advice he lends what he can pay back without a dip in his resources.
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by bukatyne(f): 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
Exjoker:
Tell your friend to claim his baby then dump the girl

Don't worry, police is coming to catch you on whatsapp undecided
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by pickabeau1: 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

If he borrows about N500,000K he is paying back 40+ monthly. He still has 150+ to play around with.

This is a shotgun wedding so I doubt the option of saving till he can afford it and the wifey to be contributing because she is still a student though her family still has to pay their part.

I will just advice he lends what he can pay back without a dip in his resources.

Well...its an option...
If he wants to marry the girl....let him do a registry and a small read

bukatyne:

LOL
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2014
pickabeau1:

Well...its an option...
If he wants to marry the girl....let him do a registry and a small read

LOL

That is an option too

I guess due to pregnancy, she cannot do white so just trad & court.

30K should take care of court and 100K take care of trad depending on the culture and bribe price

Don't mind that poster jor

Edited:

Went back to OP:

Just working and wedding end of this month?

I doubt he can cope.
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Spicylate(f): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2014
the guy should talk to the wife and her parents...there is no money for now. he should make them understand that fact except if the want to take up the whole wedding bills. by the way, they could go and have a court wedding if it so matters to them. things rushed up bring up flaws.
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by okirewaju(f): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
He should sit down with his girl friend and plan the wedding with whatever cash he has at hand.

The girl is pregnant already so which kind of shakara can her family do?
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Exjoker(m): 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

Hey! what have i done wrong? Anybody can give an advice and anybody who cares can work with it or shun it. By the way i have got a police as a friend #wink

1 Like

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by pickabeau1: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
bukatyne:

That is an option too

I guess due to pregnancy, she cannot do white so just trad & court.

30K should take care of court and 100K take care of trad depending on the culture and bribe price

Don't mind that poster jor

Edited:

Went back to OP:

Just working and wedding end of this month?

I doubt he can cope

That's why I don't support loan..
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by ifyalways(f): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
So people dey borrow money do wedding? To impress who?

Gosh, so na credit cake, rice and chicken pesin dey chop every Saturday so . Ovoko cheesy

@OP,not a good idea, IMO. Make do with what you have.
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
Just drop your account number.
You should get the alert within seconds.

Oh no, don't mention. It's just my little way of saying HML. What are friends Nairalanders for? kiss
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Godmystrength: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2014
Phema:
Just drop your account number.
You should get the alert within seconds.

Oh no, don't mention. It's just my little way of saying HML. What are friends Nairalanders for? kiss
kiss kiss on behalf of OP's ''friend'', i say a very BIG [size=20pt]thank you[/size]..
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
Godmystrength:
kiss kiss on behalf of OP's ''friend'', i say a very BIG [size=20pt]thank you[/size]..

Don't mention sis, don't mention. I just like helping people, especially the ones that want to borrow to fund their dream weddings. I get so moved to help them, you know. lipsrsealed grin grin

How are you these days?
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Godmystrength: 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
Phema:

Don't mention sis, don't mention. I just like helping people, especially
the ones that want to borrow to fund their dream weddings. I get so
moved to help them, you know. lipsrsealed grin grin

How are you these days?
i love your helping spirit. very commendable.....

i am doing fine my dear. just going step by step, day by day..
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
Not good!
Cut your suit according to your ankara
Start as you mean to go on.
If you took out a mortgage for a house thats a different thing
borrow for Just for a day that people will come and eat rice and drink maltina . . . not a good start.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by MizEmpress(f): 12:31am On Nov 20, 2014
@op, can't your friend apply for a loan at his office or from his bank?? What's the point of coming here to ask for a loan on his behalf?
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by ayinba1(f): 1:54am On Nov 20, 2014
Misleading topic. I thought the groom was left stranded at the altar.

2 Likes

Re: Stranded Groom To Be by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2014
Op,you can do better than this child's play..

You don see mumu u wan job abi?

Try harder.
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by mutter(f): 11:32am On Nov 20, 2014
Just shows you how perverted the minds of humans have become.
The girl is pregnant. We know how expensive pregnancy and child birth can get, especially if complications arise. Then they need to shop for the baby.
The girl is pregnant and he is looking for money for the wedding!
How will he pay back when he needs money for the baby.
Perverted way of thinking!
Blood of your blood - your child is not as important as you showing off to people on your wedding day and that with borrowed money.
Abeg let him invite Nairalanders too! We can all come and chop .. and go home.
But I guess a few months later a friend will be needing to borrow money because his wife put to bed....
Re: Stranded Groom To Be by egopersonified(f): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
Like I said once, a man who borrows for his wedding would soon start borrowing to feed his family. By the way op, I smell scam. I really need to open my 'in need' thread too, very soon, someone would be asking for op's bank details.

(1) (Reply)

When she Have Pin Code To Block Her Phone? / The Boy Child As A Victim Of The Society / See What A Mother Was Seen Doing In A Betting Shop With Her Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.