Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? (3385 Views)

Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People / This Groom Can't Wait For His Wedding Night / Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2015
it looks more like a tradition for every groom to put on suit on his wedding day!

What if a man decides to dress in packet shirt, plane trouser, shoes and tie?

Would the law hold it against you, or is it about what people think?

What do you think nairalanders?
Is it compulsory for the groom to dress in suit?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by cozy7(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2015
I really hope it's not compulsory. I hate wearing suits and ties, it makes me feel unusual n uncomfortable. This question u just asked has always been on my mind!

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 19, 2015
Its not. You can even put on Jeans, Sneakers & Polo Sweaters like Zuckerberg self. Just make sure you're loaded also, otherwise your in-laws will not take it lightly with you...

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by alberto2k(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Oboi me sef dey wonder o...

White wedding is a western culture ish and its compulsory in the western world.

On mah wedding day, mehn I go shreck up with Jeans and shirt come put 2chains on top grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Obinovictor(m): 10:16am On Mar 19, 2015
The white wedding was copied from the foreigners, including the costume smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 5:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
alberto2k:

On mah wedding day, mehn I go shreck up with Jeans and shirt come put 2chains on top grin
based on 2chains wey you be na! grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 5:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
Obinovictor:
The white wedding was copied from the foreigners, including the costume smiley
and there's nothing anybody can do about it?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justosaus:
Its not. You can even put on Jeans, Sneakers & Polo Sweaters like Zuckerberg self. Just make sure you're loaded also, otherwise your in-laws will not take it lightly with you...
I'm considering this seriously too!
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
Justosaus:
grin grin grin if one is not fully loaded financially, the in-laws and the church may feel somehow sincerely but with enough cash, everyone may see it as a new trend. May God help us all..............buy MTN 1GB (N1,200); ETISALAT 500MB (N800), 750MB (N1000), 1GB (N1300). 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
myhoodlink:
grin grin grin if one is not fully loaded financially, the in-laws and the church may feel somehow sincerely but with enough cash, everyone may see it as a new trend. May God help us all..............buy MTN 1GB (N1,200); ETISALAT 500MB (N800), 750MB (N1000), 1GB (N1300). 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.
just after you don make sense finish, you come carry etisalat matter spoil all the good efforts
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
englishmart:
just after you don make sense finish, you come carry etisalat matter spoil all the good efforts
Lolzzzz nor mind me o. All is well. Thanks.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Evina(f): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2015
If you can copy the wedding from the white, why not copy in full by wearing the required attire?

How can you consider jean n snickers? Is it a bachelor's party?

It's just like asking if it is necessary to wear your traditional outfit for your traditional wedding.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Evina(f): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2015
myhoodlink:
Lolzzzz nor mind me o. All is well. Thanks.

I beg, I go like patronize you oh, MTN 1GB. I'm just weary. undecided
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2015
Evina:

I beg, I go like patronize you oh, MTN 1GB. I'm just weary. undecided
You'll be very much welcome with open arms. Thanks in advance.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Evina(f): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2015
myhoodlink:

You on BBM?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Mar 19, 2015
Evina:

You on BBM?
A call will be better to me. Thanks.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2015
Evina:
If you can copy the wedding from the white, why not copy in full by wearing the required attire?

How can you consider jean n snickers? Is it a bachelor's party?

It's just like asking if it is necessary to wear your traditional outfit for your traditional wedding.
Jean and sneakers ain't native attires, is it?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 6:35pm On Mar 19, 2015
myhoodlink:
bros you go pay o cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
englishmart:
bros you go pay o cheesy
Lolzzzz...waiting for your call too for your data. Thanks.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Evina(f): 6:38pm On Mar 19, 2015
englishmart:
Jean and sneakers ain't native attires, is it?

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 6:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
myhoodlink:
Lolzzzz...waiting for your call too for your data. Thanks.
my BB subscription don do me. cheesy
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2015
Evina:

nne, no provoke. Na question I ask
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Evina(f): 6:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
englishmart:
nne, no provoke. Na question I ask

So in your mind, jean n teeshirt na corporate social outfit abi?

Na your type go wear Agbada go play football.

Carrygo...nufin do you. wink

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2015
Evina:

So in your mind, jean n teeshirt na corporate social outfit abi?

Na your type go wear Agbada go play football.

Carrygo...nufin do you. wink
lol. I don die. Agbada? grin so you funny like this?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Evina(f): 6:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
englishmart:
lol. I don die. Agbada? grin so you funny like this?

LOL. grin
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by Obinovictor(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2015
englishmart:
and there's nothing anybody can do about it?

Of course there is. Nigerians are always waiting for someone to start something. You can start by wearing something different on your wedding day and people will adopt it.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by englishmart(m): 9:08pm On Mar 19, 2015
Obinovictor:

Of course there is. Nigerians are always waiting for someone to start something. You can start by wearing something different on your wedding day and people will adopt it.
Amma do just that
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by aniobimartin: 6:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
englishmart:
it looks more like a tradition for every groom to put on suit on his wedding day!

this one you're asking, are you preparing to get married?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by aniobimartin: 6:04pm On Mar 21, 2015
cozy7:
I really hope it's not compulsory. I hate wearing suits and ties, it makes me feel unusual n uncomfortable. This question u just asked has always been on my mind!
you are gonna learn someday
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by steppin: 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
englishmart:

U fit try agbada and slippers.
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by aniobimartin: 6:05pm On Mar 21, 2015
Justosaus:
who come be this one again?
Re: Is It Compulsory For A Groom To Put On Suit On His Wedding Day? by aniobimartin: 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
alberto2k:

why not pant and singlet?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Done A Business That Didn't Work Out As You Expected? Coman Gist Us. / Share Your Experience Using Skyrun Fridge or Freezer / True Life!'single SISTERS DATING MARRIED Men' (got This Off Someone's Timeline)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.