Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently (7049 Views)

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / White Smoke N Increased Rpm / My Camry 99 V6 Emits Black Smoke Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by senator2k9(m): 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
Good evening Nairalanders, pls I jst changed the engine of my toyota camry 1999 model and the engine is working well. But my problem is dat d Car now brings out BLACK SMOKE and Gulps more Fuel than before, pls wat could be the probable cause. Comments needed urgently
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by AutosBay(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2014
Black smoke - over fuelling. Commonly caused by leaking injectors, dead oxygen sensor, faulty coolant temperature sensor, faulty MAF.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by icemann(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
Scan and post the codes
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2014
senator2k9:
Good evening Nairalanders, pls I jst changed the engine of my toyota camry 1999 model and the engine is working work. But my problem is dat d Car now brings out BLACK fuel and Gulps more Fuel than before, pls wat could be the probable cause. Comments needed urgently
AutosBay:
Black smoke - over fuelling. Commonly caused by leaking injectors, dead oxygen sensor, faulty coolant temperature sensor, faulty MAF.
icemann:
Scan and post the codes

Problem solved in 2posts.
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by Export1: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
Hope it will be interesting!

How to Diagnose Vehicle Fuel Problems

If the engine turns over but doesn’t start running, the first question you need to answer is whether your fuel tank is empty. Even if your fuel gauge says that you still have some fuel, the gauge may be on the blink. When did you last fill the tank?

Sometimes the problem is too much fuel. If you open the hood and find that everything is covered with gasoline, don’t try to start the engine! Gasoline is too flammable to monkey around with. Just hoist that white flag and get help.

If you’re not out of fuel and your vehicle lost power before it died, fuel is probably not getting to the engine. Here are some additional reasons that specific types of vehicles may not be getting enough fuel.

Gasoline- and diesel-powered vehicles: If you have a modern vehicle with a multiport or sequential fuel injection system, either the fuel pump isn’t pumping fuel or the ECU isn't triggering the fuel injectors. In either case, a professional will have to troubleshoot it.

Ethanol, methanol, and flex-fuel vehicles: The potential problems are the same whether the vehicle is running on pure gasoline or on gasoline mixed with alcohol: Either you’re out of fuel or the fuel pump or fuel injectors aren’t working properly. In any case, there isn’t much you can do but call for help and be patient until it arrives.

Electric vehicles: If an electric vehicle suddenly stops running, the battery that drives it (the big one, not the little guy under the hood) has run out of juice. Either you’ve driven too long without recharging it or the system is malfunctioning. Dashboard malfunction indicator lights should alert you to this problem before the vehicle stops completely.
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by BluStreak(m): 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
To add to what Autobays said, I am certain your knock sensor is also out. Do a scan and report back. Your fix lies in the scan result.
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by senator2k9(m): 10:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Problem solved in 2posts.
How do u mean d problem is solved in 2 posts?
I reside in benue....I dnt knw anyone who has those scan equipments
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by senator2k9(m): 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
Thanks guys, I've fixed it....d problem was wit leaking injectors. The mech misplaced some pipes with some and it go d car misfiring. I'm nw a happy man coz my I4 pulls like a V6
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:56am On Nov 21, 2014
senator2k9:
Thanks guys, I've fixed it....d problem was wit leaking injectors. The mech misplaced some pipes with some and it go d car misfiring. I'm nw a happy man coz my I4 pulls like a V6

You wish.[img]http://smileyshack.files./2010/12/smileyslaughing_lol_rofl__100-100.gif?w=35&h=26[/img]
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by Readonee35L(m): 10:48am On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by dahupet: 7:11am On Nov 23, 2014
My 99 camry v6 is having same problem black smoke,high fuel consumption.i just change the oil and oil filter,spark plug. d problem still persist, pls help me my mechanic is exploiting me by servicing d nozzle and injector but it still smoke and drag on low speed.
Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by royallord1(m): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
dahupet:
My 99 camry v6 is having same problem black smoke,high fuel consumption.i just change the oil and oil filter,spark plug. d problem still persist, pls help me my mechanic is exploiting me by servicing d nozzle and injector but it still smoke and drag on low speed.

get a good auto electrician...ur airflow might be faulty..
like i said a good auto electrician not those dat change horn and light bulbs........

1 Like

Re: Black Smoke N Heavy Fuel Consumption, Help Needed Urgently by senator2k9(m): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2014
dahupet:
PALLY, get a good electrician, he wil rectify it for u.....major culprits are 02 sensor and MAF sensor. In my case I serviced injectors, changed plugs, plus plug wire all to no avail until my Electician traced d airflow and fixed it well. I wish u luck bro, keep us posted

(1) (Reply)

2013 Kia Rio Engine Swap/conversion / Rolls-Royce And Intel Announce Autonomous Ship Collaboration / In The Ember Months Accidents Are Caused By Human Error; Not Demons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.