Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,349 members, 7,846,517 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" (4644 Views)

Jesse Jags Album Didnt Move 100k Units, Saucekid Was A Flop! / Durella & Africankings Beef Saucekid: Latest Nigerian Beef : This Is Fire ! / Never Judge A Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by shakamc(m): 3:35am On Dec 06, 2008
DOWNLOAD THE NEW NAIJA CLUB BANGER , ORISHIRISHI SWAGGA , https://rcpt.yousendit.com/631697532/8865e3bde723f0d27a6a408c000de759
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by shakamc(m): 3:37am On Dec 06, 2008
DOWNLOAD THE NEW NAIJA CLUB BANGER , ORISHIRISHI SWAGGA , https://rcpt.yousendit.com/631697532/8865e3bde723f0d27a6a408c000de759
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by skingo(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2008
sauce kid don enter ogba. confirmed gist and f the haters. na progress from now on,. iyalaiya
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by tosinadeda: 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2008
Confaaaarm!
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by omitutu: 1:09pm On Dec 07, 2008
@topic

why am i not surprised. . .

He must listen to a whole load of garbage judging by his output
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by ajayi1(m): 1:29pm On Dec 07, 2008
Gba!!!!
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by aldon: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
4 God sake,hw many pple listen 2 mode9 sef.saucekid will rather listen 2 krs,canibus,smiff n wessen,rakim nd jay z cuz datz mode9's main source of delivery.come 2 tink of it,what does a lion hav 2 do with a chameleon?
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by tosinaded(m): 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2009
haba, after a year and 11days!!!
u decided to ressurect the thread. . . . .e be like ystd sha
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by bjmighty(m): 5:19am On Dec 19, 2009
RECAP FROM INTERVIEW
Yeepa!: Whom in the Nigerian Hiphop scene do you consider a threat lyrically?
Sauce KiD: Lyrically watch out for Ghetto P. He’s nuts. I don’t need to tell you to watch out for me, just listen. Watch out for Teeto. He’s nuts. I’ve knwn Ghetto P and Teeto for the past 14 years maybe, and the funny thing is we never used to rap. That’s scary. U no Gree?

This is so hilarious. The same Ghetto P wey sing "Big baby"? The same Ghetto P wey mode9 reply hin Big baby track with just 2 lines ("How can i be mad when you calling me big baby/when am on ur mom's tit tell the bitch Call me baby"?

Well, i think Sauce kid is a better blogger on Youtube, Facebook and Twitter than a rapper. Like i said before on the other thread, he might be better singer if he form a Juju/Highlife band with Ruggeddy and Ghetto P, them go sell well.

On a more seious note. I don't understand the noise about Sauce kid snd i think most of the noise and Overrating emanates from close friends of Sauce or the Ogba people. Now, lets be factual about it.
1. Sauce kid cannot boast of an album,
2. he cannot boast of any recognizable award,
3. he has never hit the chart to Number 1,
4. he has never performed at any Star Mega Jam or Thisday Festival which are the biggest musical concert in naija,
5. he hasn't got any product endorsement

The above and some of the topmost criteria use in ranking an artiste and Sauce is missing there. If am wrong with the above, pls correct me ooo. He is a good singer but not as some people take to place him.
Ok check it, the other day i was on his wall on Facebook, he was supposed to be blogging about Pasuma being a legend and then it shocked me when some fans started calling him a LEGEND blah blah blah and him too was feeling like a real legend, I got so infuriated then i clapped back on all of them 1 by 1, including Sauce himself, You can see how it all went on the thread here http://www.facebook.com/#/oluwa.saucekibaba?v=feed&story_fbid=218808966418 and how Sauce himself brought down his ego attempting to woe me to be a "die hard fan" too. Am a regular music fan of Sauce kid but not a blinded die hard fan. I'll remain the die hard fan of 2PAC that have always been than a Gangsta wanna be.

The facebook link again is http://www.facebook.com/#/oluwa.saucekibaba?v=feed&story_fbid=218808966418 and my Name on the Facebook thread is "Tha Thugulator" Read the recap and holla back here
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by chrisical(m): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2009
Trash
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by bjmighty(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2009
RECAP FROM SAUCE KID INTERVIEW

Yeepa!: Whom in the Nigerian Hiphop scene do you consider a threat lyrically?
Sauce KiD: Lyrically watch out for Ghetto P. He’s nuts. I don’t need to tell you to watch out for me, just listen. Watch out for Teeto. He’s nuts. I’ve known Ghetto P and Teeto for the past 14 years maybe, and the funny thing is we never used to rap. That’s scary. U no Gree?

OMG! Sauce gatto be kiddin me. Which Ghetto P? The same Ghetto P that dedicated "Big baby" diss track to Mode and mode crushed him with just 2 lines? (How can i be mad when u callin me big baby/ when am on your moms bosom tell the naughty woman call me baby) Well, if Sauce dey bEri for Ghetto P then it means Sauce is simply an empty barrel. Like i said in one thread, Sauce could be a better singer if he hooks up with Rugged and his Mentor Ghetto P, they should form a Juju/Highlife band.

On a more serious note, there is nothing special or buzzing about this sauce kid. He is just the normal Rapper like any rapper in Naija. I noticed the noise surrounding him on NL always emanate from some "die hard OGBA fan" who believes he is their rap jesus. Now check it!

1. Sauce Kid cannot boast of an album
2. He cannot boast of a recognizable award
3. He has never performed at Star Mega Jam or ThisDay music festival which are the Biggest musical concerts in Nigeria
4. None of his work has ever hit the Number 1 spot on any Chart
5. He does not have any Product endorsement.

The above are some of the topmost criteria used in rating an artiste and sauce kid is no where near these criterias.
Mode9 can boast of albums
He has clinched several awards locally and internationally
He has performed at Star Mega Jam, ThisDay festival, and even international awards, i remember he performed when he clinched 3 awards at Channel O music award. The other day he was kicking it LIVE with Nas on same stage, same time.
He has reached Number 1 spot on Music and Video charts. To cap it all, he is the only Rapper that has got a major product endorsement. That Glo advert is ill!!!!
He is not just a rapper going about claiming some fake Swagga. He is true to the game and himself, no wonder Legendary Lagbaja invited him for a collabo. Mode9's rap cuts across every topic of Life; Politics, Life, Game, Sport, humor, fight, religion e.t.c

I think Sauce is a good rapper but i mulish the over-hyping and overrating his OGBA fans give him without letting him prove his realness. To me Sauce Kid is a rapper in his Category but not near where Mode is. If you think Sauce is better than mode please put aside sentiment and give your reason in a simple clear term like i just did.

Pls, am not giving any pu**y the license to call me any ill names. What i have written here is for Matured men and the matured mind, so no beefing. Just confront what i have said and prove me wrong that Sauce is better than Mode.

To cap it all, "Dis Baba Dat Baba/U not a baba/ You gat intellect myopia/ so when i dizz a baba/ its not Ethiopia" Please, give me just one punchline from Sauce kid that can match up to this.

Holla

Am gonn paste this on other threads about Sauce kid because i need someone to convince me.
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by tosinaded(m): 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2009
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by bjmighty(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2009
tosinaded@:

@bj

se u dey find puchlines abi

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-217076.0.html

This is wat i found

quote from sauce

"this freestyle i called airplane mode. did it when i was in a space shuttle.lol, didnt have time to even double it or wht not. but i think i like it in its raw value, this is jus somethin i put together. not an actual song!"

Also, you didn't confront all the points i raise in my write up. Please, re-read and respond sir.
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by tosinaded(m): 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2009
bjmighty:

This is wat i found

quote from sauce

"this freestyle i called airplane mode. did it when i was in a space shuttle.lol, didnt have time to even double it or wht not. but i think i like it in its raw value, this is jus somethin i put together. not an actual song!"

Also, you didn't confront all the points i raise in my write up. Please, re-read and respond sir.

if thats wut u saw, no probs undecided
tut i was chatting with a serious person grin

and y should i confront ur posts
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by punchlinee: 3:16pm On Dec 19, 2009
lol., tosin and bjmighty have been facing off lately, both of u are the only people online this saturday, make una no worry i will be the referee. grin grin grin
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by javalove(m): 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2009
bj pls no reply d mumu again joo
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by dammiecool(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2009
@java
abeg let them continue jo abi wetin be ur own angry
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by bjmighty(m): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2009
javalove:

bj pls no reply d mumu again joo

Yeah bro! Am thinking about quitting arguing directly with the bro.
Re: Saucekid: ": I Don't Listen To Mode-9 Music!" by dammiecool(m): 4:36pm On Feb 26, 2011
, grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Mykey Ft Ruff Coin (Nwaba)_aga Ekuru Gi / DJ Dhiin – Best Of Shola Allyson Mix / Mi2 (mi's New Album) Thumbs Up Or Big Flop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.