Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Message SUG Should Deliver To The VC Of Micheal Okpara University Umudike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Message SUG Should Deliver To The VC Of Micheal Okpara University Umudike (843 Views)

Professor Olayinka Is New VC Of University Of Ibadan / Girl, Hauwa, Delivers Her Letter To Buhari Which She Failed To Deliver To GEJ / Why Nubss And Sug Should Be Disbanded – By Yebufura Abanze Tonbara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message SUG Should Deliver To The VC Of Micheal Okpara University Umudike by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 20, 2014
Let me start with a reminder that the notion if education is expensive try ignorance is a notion made by three(3) categories of people.
1. Those who do not want others to be useful.
2. Those who are pernicious.
3. Those who are blinded by the fame of elitism.
Nevertheless, this does not mean I have no respect for elders(grey hair) but sometimes the way they pose to know everything simply by sitting down to vividly see things which we the youths have climbed iroko trees to see makes it so annoying to respect them especially when they don't even care to know if what we have seen is a factor to be considered.
Bitterly, I am saying this because as students it is highly unfair that after we have cooperated with ASUU by joining them to embark on strike( to effect the 66-70yrs of service, and approvals of other benefits amounting to hundreds billions of naira) all we get in return are reckless incident of tuition fees increment by Professor Hilary Edeoga's administration consecutively in two(2) years is sincerely a betrayal, a heresy and an act of exploitation in disguise which can no longer be condole.
It is from this bitterness of reckless fees increment that I humbly want to appeal to the Vice Chancellor Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike(mouau) Abia State Professor Hilary Edeoga to kindly review because the creditable records we hold about him is on daily basis diminishing with provocative anger which may lead to bizarre explosion of students to protest their dissatisfaction.
Howbeit Mr VC that the stranger we sheltered for the night left unannounced is not the problem but that he left with all our valuable possessions is our problem which means theft by treasury.
Firstly,
MOUAU SHUTTLE;
When shuttle were purchased, our hope as I could remember (in the trial time of fuel subsidy removal) was that we can now have affordable means of transportation from gate 6 to umuahia town. But on commencement of the shuttle service, all our hopes turned cold as the shuttle service which bears the name mouau shuttle became the highest paid shuttle service in entire Abia State.
Reasonably Mr VC we accepted to pay since the shuttle have Air Conditioner and will only convey a maximum of 5 persons including the driver. Sadly after some service time as we have it, not all the shuttle possible none of the shuttle powers the air conditioner, the number of persons it conveys increased to a minimum of six (6) persons including the driver and when we ask the drivers the bullying response is "your VC does not buy us fuel for running this shuttles if you won't pay get out".
If you say am lying Mr VC let God be my witness.

Secondly;
SENATOR PIUS ANYIM THEARTRE HALL;
It is no doubt that while students are struggling sweating and learning under duress in either ETF, ACHEBE, ENGINEERING WORKSHOP room size halls in colleges, some at the open fields under the stadium pavilion due to lack of lecture halls (the theatre hall which the Senator Pius Anyim himself commission with millions of naira to retain his name on the hall for some period of years) is either being used to host your elite visitors or used for organising your annual anniversary (which does not add value to us students) and yet at the end we the students are blamed for our poor academic performance. To me using this hall during exam is nothing but witch hunting. If we are your children Mr VC is it fair?
Thirdly,
Dr. GOODLUCK EBERE JONATHAN HOSTEL.
On completion yes is notably one of many of your massive infrastructural development but what is the need if it cannot be accessed by student. You named it Dr. Ebele Goodluck Jonathan hostel and we were all excited that at last student can now have descent hostel facilities at a affordable price. How it turned out to be a business venture in the name of the president is what we don't know.
Sir you tagged it a figure of sixty thousand(60 000) naira per head for strictly four(4) persons totaling two hundred and forty thousand(240 000) naira just for a single room at this juncture Mr VC be warned of ur inordinate and insatiable quest for wealth @ d expense of gullible Nigerian students because d ubiquitous arm of the law will soon catch up with you that is if the students don't take law into their hands...Shalom

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Message SUG Should Deliver To The VC Of Micheal Okpara University Umudike by snazzy5050(m): 6:10am On Nov 20, 2014
Re: Message SUG Should Deliver To The VC Of Micheal Okpara University Umudike by tchigofigo(m): 12:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
damn! My alma mata.,things av changed.,if na b4, we for use aluta bring d man to his senses..what? 60k hostel for jst a bed space.?ah! edoga don kolo o..
Re: Message SUG Should Deliver To The VC Of Micheal Okpara University Umudike by tabletman1: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
As I was told, the VC wanna contest for senate next year so he is packing all the available funds to run for senate.

This is how criminals infiltrate our politics.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Want To Join Politics,pls Can Anyone Tell Me The Best Party To Join / Nigeria Will Not Break-up : Kumuyi / Mahmud Mohammed: Profile Of The New Chief Justice Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.