Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) (6400 Views)

Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Yahweh And Freewill / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 20, 2014
Could it be some satanic consPiracy to hide the truth ,,because THE LORD is not a name but YAHwEH is Gods name ,y avoid the set apart and glorified name of El shaddai(God almighty) .
And also why do pastors use the name Jesus when Jesus was not even an English man but was a semitic ,meaning he was born in an aramaic and Hebrew setting and his name was YESHUA meaning salvation read Matthew 1:21 ( And she shall bring forth a son, and thou
shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save
his people from their sins.) the name Jesus has no meaning but yeshua means salvation in Hebrew..
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 6:30am On Nov 20, 2014
The same reasons they use Jerusalem and not Yerushalayim or יְרוּשָׁלַיִם

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
The same reasons they use Jerusalem and not Yerushalayim or יְרוּשָׁלַיִם
it is just so appaling ,I think Yahweh is already fed up with the lies by satan
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 20, 2014
Unibenstudent, the lord's name is Jesus ok..... When moses asked what name will he tell the people of isreal, the lord told him I am... In also in the bible, YHWH was also mentioned which is in hebrew..these three names are the only authentic names of the lord..no other one...
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 20, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Unibenstudent, the lord's name is Jesus ok..... When moses asked what name will he tell the people of isreal, the lord told him I am... In also in the bible, YHWH was also mentioned which is in hebrew..these three names are the only authentic names of the lord..no other one...
what language is the name Jesus ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 20, 2014
Unibenstudent:
what language is the name Jesus ?
how will i knw..why r u concerned wit things that ur brain cant even carry.... Were u with Blessed virgin mary wen the Angel of God appeared to her and said his name shall be Jesus? That all authority in heaven and on earth and under the earth has been given to him and that at the mention of the name jesus, every kneel must bow. Doesnt this tell u that the lord has beared this name before the begining of time? Well if u still want to knw wat language is Jesus, then its a heavenly language... I will not repeat mysef again on this matter.. End of discussio
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2014
Why is it appalling? You think God likes Hebrews better than other languages?
Unibenstudent:
it is just so appaling ,I think Yahweh is already fed up with the lies by satan
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 20, 2014
Cutehector4u:
how will i knw..why r u concerned wit things that ur brain cant even carry.... Were u with Blessed virgin mary wen the Angel of God appeared to her and said his name shall be Jesus? That all authority in heaven and on earth and under the earth has been given to him and that at the mention of the name jesus, every kneel must bow. Doesnt this tell u that the lord has beared this name before the begining of time? Well if u still want to knw wat language is Jesus, then its a heavenly language... I will not repeat mysef again on this matter.. End of discussio
the bible was translated to English recently and the name was changed from yeshua to(Greek) eeaasous to iesus (Latin) to Jesus (English) ,that's how Jesus came about ,there is not heavenly there only satan altering scriptures with wisdom,,y couldn't they use Joshua that's even closer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:

Why is it appalling? You think God likes Hebrews better than other languages?
yes he does if not he wouldn't have sent (yeshua)Jesus into a Hebrew world ,he would have sent him to Asia or somewhere else ,
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 7:01am On Nov 20, 2014
What else should we retain in Jewishness?
Diet, culture, songs,art, literature,farming?

This is a rhetorical question. It is absurd to impose Jewishness on non-Jews. Jesus spoke Aramaic and not Hebrews. Recall when he raised a young girl, He said TALITHA CUMI. What in the world was wrong with Him? Couldn't he speak Hebrew? (Mark 5:41)
Unibenstudent:
yes he does if not he wouldn't have sent (yeshua)Jesus into a Hebrew world ,he would have sent him to Asia or somewhere else ,
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
What else should we retain in Jewishness?
Diet, culture, songs,art, literature,farming?

This is a rhetorical question. It is absurd to impose Jewishness on non-Jews. Jesus spoke Aramaic and not Hebrews. Recall when he raised a young girl, He said TALITHA CUMI. What in the world was wrong with Him? Couldn't he speak Hebrew? (Mark 5:41)
Jesus lived in an age where the spiritual language was Hebrew and the piddgin language was aramaic,,Jesus is divine so to fufill all righteousness he also had to have a divine name which yahushua meaning Yahweh is salvation but was shortened to yeshua meaning salvation because the then Jews didn't want people to use the name Yahweh because the said it was too holy to pronounce it
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 7:08am On Nov 20, 2014
Who says Hebrews was spiritual language? What is a 'spiritual language'?
Can you demonstrate that from the scriptures?
Unibenstudent:
Jesus lived in an age where the spiritual language was Hebrew and the piddgin language was aramaic,,Jesus is divine so to fufill all righteousness he also had to have a divine name which yahushua meaning Yahweh is salvation but was shortened to yeshua meaning salvation because the then Jews didn't want people to use the name Yahweh because the said it was too holy to pronounce it
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
Who says Hebrews was spiritual language?
Can you demonstrate that from the scriptures?
when Jesus was to speak to Paul who understood both Greek and Hebrew Jesus chose to speak to him in Hebrew ?
Acts 26:14. And when we were all fallen to the earth,
I heard a voice speaking unto me, and
saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul,
why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee
to kick against the pricks.
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 7:19am On Nov 20, 2014
Yes he spoke to Paul in Hebrews.
What part of that makes Hebrews spiritual? Walk me through your logic wink
Unibenstudent:
when Jesus was to speak to Paul who understood both Greek and Hebrew Jesus chose to speak to him in Hebrew ?
Acts 26:14. And when we were all fallen to the earth,
I heard a voice speaking unto me, and
saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul,
why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee
to kick against the pricks.
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
Yes he spoke to Paul in Hebrews.
What part of that makes Hebrews spiritual? Walk me through your logic wink
anyway I believe Yahweh knows that we will be born in an English setting but what he is annoyed with is that people calling him Jehovah or The lord when his name is simple Yahweh ..it his name ,why don't u change ur native name to Ghana or Portuguese??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 7:27am On Nov 20, 2014
Who told you He is annoyed?

The reason I can't change my name to Portuguese is because am an African,I live in Africa among Africans and not Portuguese and there is zero incentive to change my name
Unibenstudent:
anyway I believe Yahweh knows that we will be born in an English setting but what he is annoyed with is that people calling him Jehovah or The lord when his name is simple Yahweh ..it his name ,why don't u change ur native name to Ghana or Portuguese??
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
Who told you He is annoyed?
because I love Yahweh and he loves me ,so he speaks through me even though I may be carnally minded @ times ,,
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2014
We relate to God according to His revealed word not subjective revelations. You should subject your revelations to scriptures and see if they line up. If he visits you at 0300H and tells you He is annoyed, ask Him how you would prove that from scriptures wink
Unibenstudent:
because I love Yahweh and he loves me ,so he speaks through me even though I may be carnally minded @ times ,,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:

We relate to God according to His revealed word not subjective revelations. You should subject your revelations to scriptures and see if they line up. If he visits you at 0300H and tells you He is annoyed, ask Him how you would prove that from scriptures wink
even in juju u need to get the name of the divinity right to call his presence ,because there are a thousand and 1 principalities and powers on earth ,but we who relate with the head of all principalities and powers must not jeopardise his sacraed name which is YAhweh and his only begoteen son is YESHUA
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 7:42am On Nov 20, 2014
Who told you the name Jesus/Jehovah is WRONG?
Do you know the New Testament was written in Koine Greek and none of all the references to Jesus bore your imagined proper name YESHUA?

You start living in CHrist the moment you drop your superstitions and man made traditions
Unibenstudent:
even in juju u need to get the name of the divinity right to call his presence ,because there are a thousand and 1 principalities and powers on earth ,but we who relate with the head of all principalities and powers must not jeopardise his sacraed name which is YAhweh and his only begoteen son is YESHUA
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
Who told you the name Jesus/Jehovah is WRONG?
Do you know the New Testament was written in Koine Greek and none of all the references to Jesus bore your imagined proper name YESHUA?

You start living in CHrist the moment you drop your superstitions and man made traditions
in new testament the name yeshua was written like this eeaasous,,if a Greek man pronounces that it would be more similar to yeshua than Jesus ,*anyway salvation is personal ,,work out ur salvation with fear and trembling
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 8:02am On Nov 20, 2014
More similar but definitely not Yeshua. If NT was written in Arabic a language close to Hebrews, the name would even be MORE closer to the Hebrew name.

Do you know we don't have a SINGLE reference to the name Jehovah in the NT? The Holy Spirit inspired NT authors referred to the Septuagint or Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament. We have the word LORD or KYRIOS instead of YAHWEH. This blows your bogus argument out of the water. For instance Acts 2:34 is Peter quoting Psalms 110:1. This means Peter had no regard to YAHWEH/JEHOVAH's 'proper name'. That nonsense of what is 'proper'/'accurate' is left to the sectarian Jehovah's Witnesses but not serious believers.

You can't possibly work out your salvation with fear and trembling if you are shackled with superstition and man-made traditions. Lay them aside as they are besetting you. They make you doubt Bible translations

Unibenstudent:
in new testament the name yeshua was written like this eeaasous,,if a Greek man pronounces that it would be more similar to yeshua than Jesus ,*anyway salvation is personal ,,work out ur salvation with fear and trembling
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
More similar but definitely not Yeshua. If NT was written in Arabic a language close to Hebrews, the name would even be MORE closer to the Hebrew name.

Do you know we don't have a SINGLE reference to the name Jehovah in the NT? The Holy Spirit inspired NT authors referred to the Septuagint or Greek translation of the Hebrew Old Testament. We have the word LORD or KYRIOS instead of YAHWEH. This blows your bogus argument out of the water. For instance Acts 2:34 is Peter quoting Psalms 110:1

You can't possibly work out your salvation with fear and trembling if you are shackled with superstition and man-made traditions. Lay them aside as they are besetting you. They make you doubt Bible translations

anyway we can not agree on issues cos I have sworn allegiance to Yahweh and yeshua
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 8:11am On Nov 20, 2014
What you need to do is not gloat of your allegiance but to subject your doctrine to scriptures because that is the ONLY objective way of arriving at the truth. There is no point sticking to beliefs and doctrines you can't prove out of the scriptures. In fact, clinging to such proves that you have more faith in your traditions than the Word of God

Unibenstudent:
anyway we can not agree on issues cos I have sworn allegiance to Yahweh and yeshua
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
What you need to do is not gloat of your allegiance but to subject your doctrine to scriptures because that is the ONLY objective way of arriving at the truth. There is no point sticking to beliefs and doctrines you can't prove out of the scriptures. In fact, clinging to such proves that you have more faith in your traditions than the Word of God

at the mention of the name of Jesus ,Nigerian pastors will enrich themselves with wealth but at the mention of the name of yeshua every kneel shall bow be it in the likeness of things on earth or hweaven or below earth that every tongue must confess that yeshua is Adonai(lord) to the glory of EL (GOD) the father
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 8:23am On Nov 20, 2014
The sons of Eli were priests and they committed abominations in the name of Yahweh. Ananias and Saphira in the first century under which you imagine they used Yeshua and not Jesus sinned by lying to Holy Spirit and were killed instantly.

If there is sin in church it is not because we use the name Jesus and not Yashua.
Yours is a case of BAD LOGIC
Unibenstudent:
at the mention of the name of Jesus ,Nigerian pastors will enrich themselves with wealth but at the mention of the name of yeshua every kneel shall bow be it in the likeness of things on earth or hweaven or below earth that every tongue must confess that yeshua is Adonai(lord) to the glory of EL (GOD) the father
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
The sons of Eli were priests and they committed abominations in the name of Yahweh. Ananias and Saphira in the first century under which you imagine they used Yeshua and not Jesus sinned by lying to Holy Spirit and were killed instantly.

If there is sin in church it is not because we use the name Jesus and not Yashua.
Yours is a case of BAD LOGIC
sin was not as rampant then as it is now ,we are more corrupt than sodom and gomorrah 100 times over thanks to the name Jesus which is the antichrist name...if everyone will start using yeshua the gates of hell will shake
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by paxonel(m): 8:29am On Nov 20, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Could it be some satanic consPiracy to hide the truth ,,because THE LORD is not a name but YAHwEH is Gods name ,y avoid the set apart and glorified name of El shaddai(God almighty) .
And also why do pastors use the name Jesus when Jesus was not even an English man but was a semitic ,meaning he was born in an aramaic and Hebrew setting and his name was YESHUA meaning salvation read Matthew 1:21 ( And she shall bring forth a son, and thou
shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save
his people from their sins.) the name Jesus has no meaning but yeshua means salvation in Hebrew..
do name matter at all? is name not only for the purpose of identification?
what will you say to Igbo, Yoruba and Itsekiri who refer to God as Chineke,Oluwa and Oritse respectively? are they wrong?
Lord is English name for God in some English bible, and it is not wrong.
every name is subjected to the culture of it origin.
and they are all original names for God, and approved by God himself, so long it is YHWH they are refering to

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2014
The point is there was sin even in those days. Jesus said iniquity will increase. Paul confirmed this by the Holy SPirit

Could you please briefly explain why Jesus is antichrist name, what you mean by antichrist, and how the name Jesus brought sin and corruption today?
Unibenstudent:
sin was not as rampant then as it is now ,we are more corrupt than sodom and gomorrah 100 times over thanks to the name Jesus which is the antichrist name...if everyone will start using yeshua the gates of hell will shake
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2014
paxonel:

do name matter at all? is name not only for the purpose of identification?
what will you say to Igbo, Yoruba and Itsekiri who refer to God as Chineke,Oluwa and Oritse respectively? are they wrong?
every name is subjected to the culture of it origin.
and they are all original names for God, and approved by God himself, so long it is YHWH they are refering to
all those names are not his spiritual name,those are names which man decide to call him,,but Yahweh calls himself Yahweh..who then has right to call the most high by another name..occultic people respect the name of Yahweh,yhwh the sacred tetragrammation ..do ur research
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by vooks: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2014
In Acts 2:35, Peter called Yahweh KYRIOS. Do you think they were IGNORANT of the things you are claiming here by substituting the spiritual name of God?

Unibenstudent:
all those names are not his spiritual name,those are names which man decide to call him,,but Yahweh calls himself Yahweh..who then has right to call the most high by another name..occultic people respect the name of Yahweh,yhwh the sacred tetragrammation ..do ur research
Re: Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 20, 2014
vooks:
The point is there was sin even in those days. Jesus said iniquity will increase. Paul confirmed this by the Holy SPirit

Could you please briefly explain why Jesus is antichrist name, what you mean by antichrist, and how the name Jesus brought sin and corruption today?
Constantine the pagan king who joined mithraism to Christianity to form Roman catholicism ,we all agree that all modern churches have their root in Roman catholicism,,Constantine told people in Rome to figure out the name of the god that Romans should use ,because Rome at that time had so many gods and it was causing confusion ,so after much delibration ,hesus was combined with Julius ceaser to form Jesus ..that gave birth to the name Jesus,,,that is the anti Christ name..and with that name Roman Catholics murdered many people and sin rose further and further

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Hidden Truth About Genesis Revealed: How It Is The Power To Unlock Yourself / Why Islam Say Kill Infidels / MFM Pastor battling Cataract, Accuses G.O Of Giving Him Oil Instead Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.