Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria (692 Views)

How Students In ANSU Iron Their Matriculation Gown Today / Nigerian Students In Germany Annual Gathering (Photos) / MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria by Pressypie(f): 11:00am On Nov 20, 2014
Why are agric courses/stdnts under-rated in Nigeria? Lets share our opinions...
Re: Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 20, 2014
It is because until recently, Government has not been doing enough to develope our Agricultural sector so the sector looks empty, unpromising, blurred, dry.
Also, many students prefer white collar jobs where they'll sit in a tiled room with air conditioner, and a laptop on their desk.
Another reason is because many Nigerians see agriculture as old-fashioned, archaic, things for our ancestors(forgeting they'd be dead without agriculture).
Re: Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:26am On Nov 20, 2014
No one can underrate you without your consent...Nobody underrates agriculture except the agriculturists themselves... But sincerely, its more of bandwagon effect... average Nigerian doesn't hope to create jobs but rather wants a ready made white collar job, hence the burden of unemployment everywhere...
Re: Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria by Gooci(m): 11:28am On Nov 20, 2014
i love Agric..... thank God i failed in an attempt to go medicine. Agric is all about me now(plant and animals).. jst to source for capital to kick off my plans cool make God provide capital for meee oo
Re: Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria by Blurr(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2014
Gooci:
i love Agric..... thank God i failed in an attempt to go medicine. Agric is all about me now(plant and animals).. jst to source for capital to kick off my plans cool make God provide capital for meee oo
same hia bro,
Re: Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria by Blurr(m): 11:45am On Nov 20, 2014
Largas:
It is because until recently, Government has not been doing enough to develope our Agricultural sector so the sector looks empty, unpromising, blurred, dry.
Also, many students prefer white collar jobs where they'll sit in a tiled room with air conditioner, and a laptop on their desk.
Another reason is because many Nigerians see agriculture as old-fashioned, archaic, things for our ancestors(forgeting they'd be dead without agriculture).
cheesy yu ar ryt bro....Some parents also discourage dia children too, speaking frm personal experience..cheesy
Re: Fate Of Agric..students In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 20, 2014
Blurr:

cheesy yu ar ryt bro....Some parents also discourage dia children too, speaking frm personal experience..cheesy
Exactly, they would rather push him to medicine.
I once faced that, but I stuck to what I wanted to study -Pharmacy. I'm studying it now, with pride, happiness and passion. And with passion, will I use it to better the living condition of mankind. cool

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways Be Successful In School / Tips To Consider Before Choosing A Postgraduate Course / 200 Philosophy Projects, Thesis For Grabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.