Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,813 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] (20643 Views)

Poll: How stressful is MOUAU [current students only]

More than other skuls (Oku di ova ): 100% (2 votes)
High (We dey quench am with much reading :-D): 0% (0 votes)
Just normal (u fit drink garri for class): 0% (0 votes)
We just dey: 0% (0 votes)
Not noticeable (u fit paper-stone ur lecturer sef): 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Poll: adsfssdafsd

xvzcxc: 0% (0 votes)
asdfasdsdf: 0% (0 votes)
sdafsdadf: 0% (0 votes)
sdafsfdafsd: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Michael Okpara University Hostel Is On Fire (Photos) / Michael Okpara University(mouau) 2015/2016 Admission Thread / Post-utme News And Past Questions, All Schools. Where It All Started(vnti) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2012
University mainsite www.mouau.edu.ng
For admission, student and staff registration and course program overview, visit http://mouauregistry.com/

Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2012
[size=14pt]THEM no 1 give us breathing space for this school at all oooo! undecided undecided undecided [/size]

They want us to be on our toes 24/7
All students of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike are to return to the University on Sunday, February 05, 2012.
NOTE that lectures will commence on Tuesday 7th February, 2012, while the registration exercise for Fresh Students is still in progress.

All students are therefore advised in their own interest to comply with this announcement immediately as all have been put in place to ensure smooth continuation of academic activities in the University.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
MOUAU 2012/2013 POST UTME registration INFO and details

Hang onto this TOPIC for MOUAU's 2012/2013 postUTME screening exercise info and details;
For banks in this school for purchase, they are:
ACCESS BANK
ECO BANK (formerly Oceanic Bank)

Soon to be announced...
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Richchibuzor(m): 11:14pm On Jun 04, 2012
d date has been fixed,exam is 15th to 16th june,d scratch card is 2000,it ll be sold from 6th to 13th,at d banks at umudike n umuahia.bank:eco,sky,zenith n access.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
For ALL MOUAU POST UME CANDIDATES:
COME WITH A PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH ND UR JAMB REGNO ND WAEC PARTICULARS For the 2012/2013 postUTME registration.

This is to inform all UTME Candidates who applied for admission into First Degree programmes of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike and scored 180 and above that the Post-UTME screening exercise for the 2012/2013 admission into the University will hold at the University Campus on Friday 15th and Saturday 16th June 2012.
DAY 1: 15/6/2012
1. All Programmes in the College of
Agribusiness & Financial Management
(CABFM).
2. All Programmes in the College of
Agricultural Economics, Rural Sociology &
Extension ( CAERSE).
3. Animal Science/Animal Production (CASAP)
4. All Programmes in the College of
Agricultural & Science Education (CASE).
5. All Programmes in the College of C
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 12:40am On Jun 06, 2012
ADVICE FOR 2012/2013 P-UTME

Scratch card sells for N2000
So far I think dis year's P-UTME registration & exam duration is the shortest, owing to Nigerian Educational system nd the over-battered school calendar. It's more like a crash post-UTME screening exercise (i.e. Out f the normal).
Over the years, there's always a rush for this registration, nd hence dis years own will be doubled, if not tripled.

If u hv a brothr, relatv or a fwnd tht wnts to go to MOUAU too, nd u stay/live in d town, it's better he/she alone goes to the school to purchase d scractch cards (i.e. Ur own nd his/hers nd as many as to be purchased), nd sends the pin over for u bk home to do d registran thr. The Umudike surroundn and atmosphere is going to be packed nd network might be jammed. So take heed now nd make appropriate plannings nd don't take any rash decisions dt mite bring down much more frustration, stress and inconveniences than is inevitably needed upon urself...
NOTE: You'll very well also save urself some money too
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 12:37am On Jun 08, 2012
WebM.MOUAU:
Recently, especially after JAMB released their results, I've been bombarded with questions from several friends who are prospective students of MOUAU. These questions have varied greatly, however I wish to give a comprehensive answer to all such questions here, but we will still be open to some specific questions.

Admission at MOUAU is based on a competitive quota system. What does that mean? This simply means that during the admission process, each dept/course is allocated a certain number of student slots within the total admission quota for the entire University and these slots are competitively allocated. So assuming the University has about 2,000 slots approved by NUC for a particular session, this number is divided between the depts/courses. Soil Science, Botany, Agronomy may be given less than 50 slots each, while the more competitive Agribusiness, Microbiology, Comp Eng, Comp Science, may be given about 150 slots each. And other depts/courses in order of size and competitiveness. During the selection process, all the students who applied for each of these courses are listed according to the scores they have, in descending order. Then selection is made based on the quota allocated for that dept/course for that year. Therefore if after sorting the names a candidates name falls as the 88th person in order of score for a particular prog that was allocated 50 slots, obviously such a candidate will not be admitted.

Typically, applications received for the progs mentioned earlier ranges around these figures during Post UTME, Soil Science - less than 20, Botany - about 100, Agronomy - less than 10, while Agribusiness - abt 1,300, Microbiology - almost 1,000, Comp Eng - abt 900, Comp Science - over 1,000, etc. These are typical figures. Let me add Civil Engr - abt 300-400. With the explanation above and the figures shown here, you will discover that a candidate who was denied admission in Comp Eng, will find another candidate with the same scores, being offered admission to read Civil Engr. This is because the competition is less heated there. Equally a candidate who was denied admission to read Biochemistry, will find out that the scores of several of those admitted to read Botany/Zoology are much lower than his/hers. And when this happens such a candidate will start complaining and claiming that he/she was denied admission as a result of corruption and bribery, obviously not understanding the way the system works.

I can categorically tell you that the merit admissions at MOUAU are processed 100% on merit. After the merit admissions, then comes the supplementary admissions. But many of our prospective students do not know that supplementary admissions is not automatic. You need to indicate interest and apply for it. If you don't apply for the supplementary admissions at the right time, the result is that a candidate who scored lower than you, but who indicated interested and applied through the proper channels will be admitted and you still find yourself without admission and probably complaining.

This has been a long post, I just hope there are few mistakes and that it is easy to understand, otherwise feel free to ask further questions. You can also join this discussion on FaceBook (http://www.facebook.com/mouauwebmaster/posts/161230840666132)

Lets all have a Great Day.

MOUAU still remains a highly competitive learning and academic environment, as well as administration. Don't get it twisted; there's no place there's 100%, absolute 'no corruption', but in MOUAU, there's a set 'standard'. AND I love it. Starting from their fees to their academic standard... little wonder some call it the 'glorified secondary school' undecided undecided undecided
That's alright, but once you've applied for this school, and you want to finish well in it, then put on your reading cap, your learning cap, and start thinking too, you're in for it, full time or part time. tongue tongue
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by benardged: 4:42am On Jun 08, 2012
MOUAU Michael Okpara University Of Agric, Umudike 2012/2013 P-UTME Scratch card Available.
for any student that are unable to get the post ume online Registration scratch card due to distance, we can send to you the Pin code, serial no & schl website to proceed online for your Registration .
contact mr benard,admn on- 081*3839*6762- to get the post-utme scratch card pin's & Admission help.

1 Like

Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Lisa1: 9:31am On Jun 08, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]sure thing

1 Like

Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2012
Day 3 is gone since the official opening of the sale and registration of MOUAU post-UTME screening exercise on Wednesday, 6th June, 2012. However, there's a developing trend. Not based on any statistics but based on speculations; a reasonable number of scratch cards (about half the number that purchased) purchased each day don't get to be fully registered before the following day. This especially is not very good for distant applicants or candidates. Because, come the 13th, next week Wednesday, many if not a majority might be disappointed. There will definitely be a rush, and in such situations anything is obtainable.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 12:04am On Jun 09, 2012
FOR ALL DISTANT APPLICANTS AND PROSPECTIVE MOUAU P-UTME CANDIDATES

For a complete registration:
JAMB regNO.
2012 JAMB Score
Surname: [as provided in JAMB]
First Name:
Date of Birth [in full; day/month/year]
State of Origin
LGA
Phone Number:
email [optional]
1st Choice University
1st choice Course
2nd Choice University
2nd choice Course
Target Department (target Department in school) *Necessary

***The charge is inclusive of N2000 pin-card money. HURRY NOW!

NOTE: for the last parameter "target Department", the target department is the department that offers your course of study, or the department that IS the same with your course of study. Also note that some courses weren't available during JAMB registration; eg. 'Accountancy', 'Banking and Finance','Marketing', just for the known ones, therefore, in the target Department, it should be Marketing, OR Accounting OR Banking and Finance.
However, you'll have to locate any cyber cafe center around you, and using your JAMB regNO, you can print out your already completed post-UTME form.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 12:53am On Jun 13, 2012
Day 6 is gone. Today is day 7. The last day for 2012/2013 post-UTME online registration for MOUAU. After today, it's no more; it all becomes history.
The number of applicants has dwindled contrary to my expectations, owing chiefly to the actions of our current Vice Chancellor. In years back, the scenario had been totally different. Thursday last week, he ordered the banks on campus to be flooded with registration cards, this helping the formerly reoccuring situation where cards would finish at the banks and the those ones hoarded will be soled at exorbitant amount/prices. This, is to his credit.
ONCE MORE: If you have relatives or friends, reach out for them, contact them, holla them and let them know that toda is the deadline and they should make haste while the sun shines. Ask them to send in their particulars for registration.

***Reach me with the number in previous posts for registration and purchase of card
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
Cut-off Marks for 2012 post-UTME Screening Yet to Be Released

It's exactly three (3) days since the result of the 2012 post-UTME result was released for MOUAU (Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike).
It was released on Monday this week, 18th June, 2012 for some departments/courses of the institution. However, as of the time of posting this info, I am not sure if all the departments results have been released.

For many anxious candidates and applicants, please relax and pray and be of good cheer, the cut-off marks for the various departments/courses of the institution has not been released yet. We are expecting it to come up some time in the second week of next month, JULY. Say on the 9th of July or thereabout, else, it will be sometime in August or September. Just be attentive and keep enquiring.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2012
Cut-off Marks for 2012 post-UTME Screening Yet to Be Released

It's exactly three (3) days since the result of the 2012 post-UTME result was released for MOUAU (Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike).
It was released on Monday this week, 18th June, 2012 for some departments/courses of the institution. However, as of the time of posting this info, I am not sure if all the departments results have been released.

For many anxious candidates and applicants, please relax and pray and be of good cheer, the cut-off marks for the various departments/courses of the institution has not been released yet. We are expecting it to come up some time in the second week of next month, JULY. Say on the 9th of July or thereabout, else, it will be sometime in August or September. Just be attentive and keep enquiring.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Lovelyrossy: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
@maxman,Pls i got 217 nd 72 wit an agregate of 63. microbiology 2nd choice. wat are my chances pls...am waitin 2 hear 4rm u. God bless u!
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 4:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
@lovelyrossy, for a second choice and biochemistry, there's hope and a gud chance wth dt agregate. However thr's good news, in d next post...
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by maxman10(m): 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2012
RELEASE OF FIRST LIST (FIRST CHOICE)FOR ADMISSION INTO MOUAU FOR 2012/2013 ACADEMIC SESSION

As of Monday, 2nd of June, 2012, this week, the admissions list for first choice, merit list was released and pasted in various colleges around the University campus. Candidates who chose the institution as their first choice should follow this link http://mouauregistry.com/checkpumeadmission.aspx

However, here's the official notification/news:
This is to inform the general public that Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike has released the first batch of admission into her undergraduate programmes for the 2012/2013 academic session.

First Choice (Merit) candidates are advised to check their Admission Status on the University’s website www.MOUAU.Edu.Ng as from Monday, July 2, 2012 using their UTME registration number.

Successful candidates would be required to pay a non-refundable Acceptance Fee of #8,000.00 only, within Two (2) weeks of this announcement into the following bank account:

Bank Name: EcoBank Plc, M. O. U. A., Umudike.

Account Name: MOUAU Fees.

Account No: 0033467789

Further details pertaining to resumption and payment of prescribed charges and registration would be announced later.

Signed:
Dr. A. C. Nwokocha
Registrar.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Lovelyrossy: 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
@ maxman,tanx...
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Patwitme(m): 2:06am On Aug 08, 2012
second list is out an my name is stil nt der,l hard dat der is no corruption at mouau,so hw come sumone dat scored 58.125 didnt get admision on accountancy an sumone dat secored 44.5 got admision on accountancy.sumone shuld help me on dis issue. am seriously losin patient here.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Etaki: 5:30am On Aug 08, 2012
Patwitme: second list is out an my name is stil nt der,l hard dat der is no corruption at mouau,so hw come sumone dat scored 58.125 didnt get admision on accountancy an sumone dat secored 44.5 got admision on accountancy.sumone shuld help me on dis issue. am seriously losin patient here.

Patwitme, sorry you have to feel this way. I thought by now you should know how admission is runned in Nigeria University, its not about merit but how connected you are. find someone who would help you, the earlier the better.
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Patwitme(m): 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
pls l hard dat mouau second list for dose dat put dem first choice an equaly merited d cutt off mark wil cum out dis wk.is it tru?sumone shuld help
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by Primestone(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2012
pls can sm1 help me out in d house;i put mouau as my 2nd choice in microbiology & i got 40 in d post ume 242 in jamb & my aggregate is 50.25 pls wat r my chances of being admitted.am dam fustrated pls @maxman
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by akonucheinfo(m): 8:31am On May 09, 2013
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike: 180; first and second choice. I scored 182 in my jamb want to buy change institution so I can change to Michael Okpara . Pls how competitive is the school for their management science courses. Is there one with information on the school

Please am talking about 2013/2014
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by dongido: 3:47pm On May 16, 2013
plz ooo..jamb 2013/2014 still on mouau..
plz i nid advice...wat is the advice you are going to give to some one that scored 220 in jamb and put mouau as 2nd choice and hopes to study elect elect there..
Re: MOUAU: Michael Okpara University Of Agric 2012/2013 P-UTME [news & More News] by alagadin(m): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
Is mouau part time form out 2013

(1) (Reply)

Man Graduates With A 1st Class In Engineering Despite Losing Parents While In Sc / Why Private Universities Are Stronger In Nigeria - The Nation / Writing WAEC 10x Those Days Because Of 2 Subjects, How Many Times Did You Write?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.