Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,446 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor (2248 Views)

Emmanuel Adebayor And His Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe Worth $300k (Photo) / Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) / Emmanuel Adebayor Share His Pain, Ordeals And Family On Facebook(kindly advice) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
[img]http://static.allsports.com.gh/img/incoming/origs3291749/6941852948-w640-h640/Adebayor-and-mum-receive-CAF-best-player-award.jpg[/img]

My mother wants me dead: Emmanuel Adebayor

[b]Under- fire Togo and Tottenham Hotspurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor has claimed that his mother and other family members want him dead.

Adebayor made the wild claim on a live Radio Sports programme on Accra based Peace Fm, on Thursday afternoon after his mother and elder sister had accused him of neglecting them despite his riches.

The family contends Adebayor is the star of the family so they expect him to take care of them, given the riches he had acquired in his professional football career.

When pressed to explain the reason for his decision not to support his mother and other family members anymore, Adebayor said:

“My friend, I’m saying Mama wants me dead. I don’t know which other way you want me to prove it. You can get a taxi and come to Trassacco with Mama right now. I will call a Pastor. I’m telling you that is what my mother wants to do to me,” he told Peace Fm’s Dan Kweku Yeboah.

Madame Alice Adebayor had complained that the former Arsenal and Manchester City star had refused to provide for her upkeep in recent times.

Madame Alice revealed she sold fish to look after her son as well as buying his air ticket to France before he made his big breakthrough in football.

While admitting Adebayor had built a house and bought a car for the family, Alice alleged he had refused to pay the electricity bills when contacted later.

But Adebayor refuted the  claims saying he had done his part by providing money, buying a car, among other things for the family only for them to come back asking for more.

Asked about the cause of the simmering tension between him and his mother, he denied there is any problem between them.

“I have no problem with my mom. My mom was living in my house last year. My mom came to live with me in my house in 2009. My mom told me she wanted me to buy her a car, I bought it for her. All that she wanted in London, I did it for her. But when I know my house is on fire, I cannot go to my house anymore. I’m sorry. It is as simple as that. I’m not a fool.”

“If you give them money, they will go to juju man. Baba Sule took my mom to join some church in Nigeria. Ask her?

But his elder Sister Margaret denied the charge of resorting to juju to eliminate him saying, “It is not true, he(Sule) has been taking mama to Nigeria for prayers.

When told that his family looks up to him since he is the ‘Star of the family,’ Adebayor shot back saying:

“Up to me, then you listen and do as I say. They cannot force me to do what I don’t want to do. My mom is the cause of my problems with my wife now because mama says she wants to get me a wife to marry. It does not happen that way.”

“No one wants to do anything with their lives. When you give them money, they will go to juju man. Go and ask them. When my brother died last year, I told Mama whatever she is doing is wrong, stay at home and find the solution but she won’t stay at home.”

“How am I going to deal with the spiritual issues when they are taking my money to do juju against me? How am I going to deal with this issue. I’m not a juju man, I’m not a pastor, I’m a football player.”

Adebayor added that he was ready to settle the issue on radio once his family had chosen to go down that route while insisting there is nothing more to be discussed privately with them.

The former Real Madrid player wondered which other avenue his mother and sisters will access to destroy him once his career is over in about four year’s time.

www.liquidsportsghana.com understands the issue between Adebayor and his family has been lingering on for a while now. The family alleges that Adebayor has bought the Togolese media and have therefore resorted to using the Ghanaian media to air their grievances. Adebayor owns a house at the plush Trasacco Villey in East Legon, Accra plus other properties in Ghana.

http://www.liquidsportsghana.com/my-mother-wants-me-dead-emmanuel-adebayor/
[/b]
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by djwinnie(m): 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
nawa ooo so terrible!!
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2014
ade is wise
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2014
hopelink1:
ade is wise
wise?
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
What's with African families and their incredible demands on the successful members of the family? What if Adebayor was not successful? Say, he was a shoemaker who can hardly fend for himself? Would they put all of their problems on him all the same?
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by jasper7(m): 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2014
Above every other thing money can't buy, I think common sense tops that list... what kinda person makes such statements on national radio?
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by jasper7(m): 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2014
goofyone:
What's with African families and their incredible demands on the successful members of the family? What if Adebayor was not successful? Say, he was a shoemaker who can hardly fend for himself? Would they put all of their problems on him all the same?
What are you saying? Do you know what it takes to bear a child? Or what the mother passed through to send him to france? The good things she had to deny herself so that her son can play football? Now that he has money he thinks buying a house and a car is compensation. She's not asking for a house in banana island, she just said he should pay her bills now she is old and unable to work. Tell me what is wrong in that?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
goofyone:
do your know what his family sacrificed to get him there?

Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
jasper7:

What are you saying? Do you know what it takes to bear a child? Or what the mother passed through to send him to france? The good things she had to deny herself so that her son can play football? Now that he has money he thinks buying a house and a car is compensation. She's not asking for a house in banana island, she just said he should pay her bills now she is old and unable to work. Tell me what is wrong in that?
what else should I say when this reasonable young man has said it all? smiley
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by plainmirror(m): 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
Hmmmmm so pathetic and wonderful script by Ade. It will be unfair to judge from one side of the coin.

Hence I reserve my comment
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by mkoabiola: 8:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
Ds story is hard to blv
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by jasper7(m): 8:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
englishmart:
what else should I say when this reasonable young man has said it all? smiley
Don't mind sone people making unrealistic and unreasonable comments angry
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
englishmart:
do your know what his family sacrificed to get him there?

Was that not their job? They had the option of not bringing him to the world, but they did anyways.

1 Like

Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
jasper7:

I don't buy that. Their exact job was to make that sacrifice and if they thought it would be too difficult to handle, the mum could have fairly decided not to have him.

1 Like

Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
goofyone:

Was that not their job? They had the option of not bringing him to the world, but they did anyways.
same here. He has an option of catering for his patent and siblings. And he should
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
englishmart:
same here. He has an option of catering for his patent and siblings. And he should
Contrary to what you think, he doesn't have that option. If he were an unsuccessful nobody, i don't think his family would even care to see him.
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by legallyblonde(f): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
@goofyone tell them o.I'm a law student and if you can't cater for a child don't bring him into the world.when I first read this online I was biased and immediately supported d mom,maybe because I'm a girl.we all know that Emmanuel is generous to a fault and contrary to his eccentric behaviours he is a soft grounded guy,you all can google his speech at his daughter's bday.the woman and her daughters obviously wanted to control him as the only male in the family,they want to replace his wife,Chacha which to me is not acceptable.although I don't support how he bared it all on national radio but dem push d guy no be small
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by jasper7(m): 9:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
goofyone:

I don't buy that. Their exact job was to make that sacrifice and if they thought it would be too difficult to handle, the mum could have fairly decided not to have him.
I better not say anything else
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
goofyone:

Contrary to what you think, he doesn't have that option. If he were an unsuccessful nobody, i don't think his family would even care to see him.
ok. What about now that's successful?
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
legallyblonde:
@goofyone tell them o.I'm a law student and if you can't cater for a child don't bring him into the world.when I first read this online I was biased and immediately supported d mom,maybe because I'm a girl.we all know that Emmanuel is generous to a fault and contrary to his eccentric behaviours he is a soft grounded guy,you all can google his speech at his daughter's bday.the woman and her daughters obviously wanted to control him as the only male in the family,they want to replace his wife,Chacha which to me is not acceptable.although I don't support how he bared it all on national radio but dem push d guy no be small
hmmmmmm
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 20, 2014
legallyblonde:

The problem is, most Africans see it as a DUTY to bring a child to this world. Let's get it straight: having a child is a decision you should make after carefully thinking about it and considering that you also have the wherewithal to train, love and support that child all the way. A lot of people use condoms today, Africans inclusive. That's a lot of potential children deemed not ready to come to this world. That's a good choice! And commendable too!

But when someone starts thinking his child should be the quickest way to a good life, even before having that child, then there is everything wrong with this world.
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by legallyblonde(f): 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
englishmart:
Now that he's successful,he's giving them from time to time and they are using it against him.anyway d guy go reconcile dah one sure but let's not be blinded by maternal love (na all of us love our mama)na d woman fault
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 20, 2014
englishmart:

Then they should leave him the hell alone and let him make his own decisions as he deems fit. If that decision is to send them money, all fair and good. If not, then all still freaking fair and good!
Re: my Mom hates me. she wants me dead"--Emmanuel Adebayor by englishmart(m): 10:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
legallyblonde:
Now that he's successful,he's giving them from time to time and they are using it against him.anyway d guy go reconcile dah one sure but let's not be blinded by maternal love (na all of us love our mama)na d woman fault
alright lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Maxbet & Daily Banker Games Odd 10-300 Daily FIXED FROM Soure(proovs) / Mikel Obi's Biography / Bet9ja Promo Code 100% Bonus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.