Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... (27744 Views)

Adebayor Accuses Family Of "Plotting Juju" Against Him / Tottenham Hotspurs Footballer, Emmanuel Adebayor, Gives Away Expensive Shoes / Adebayor: King Of Africa Football (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by danbrowndmf(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
[quote
author=MissMeiya post=28260146]

I have some wretched family like this. I pray I never have to be near
them. In their eyes, you can see them assessing you, calculating. It's a
horrible feeling. I recognize my father's bloodsucking relatives in
this guy's story. And yes, he also thinks there's juju on him. One
estranged uncle tried to give him something to eat once, for him alone,
and he refused to eat it; the man started muttering some language and
spitting.

Sorry to say, but our people can be very wicked. Things I never saw or
imagined until I came to Nigeria. My eyes don open.[/quote] until u came bak to Nigeria? no vex oh,sis abeg where were u b4? France?.sad
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by sukkot: 9:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ilekeh:
Which kind of family is this? Is this for real?

If I was in his shoe, I'd distance myself from greedy and vindictive family members.

Nigerians should stop this nonsensical holy dai holier attitude. We all know how hungry family members can suck life out of someone once he/she has become rich. Your help/money is never enough until you've dashed them everything you have.

Imagine his mother telling him that his work will never go forward. That's crazy.

Sometimes I wonder whether my mom even fits the "Nigerian mother" stereotype. She's simply one in a billion.
she is one in a billion because you havent hammer yet. when you hammer you go see the real woman behind ya mama facade lmao

6 Likes

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by sunnydayasaba(m): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
I can see why he's not performing well again, I think someone like Adebayor is suppose to protect and provide for his MUM without thinking twice or seeing her as a burden, He needs to learn from people like Drogba and the rest of well respected African footballer who are responsible and even have their own family. I see Adebayor as the kind of man that will let the world know what he did for his family. It's stupid, Why not put his Mom on a Life time salary, Settle your siblings in business, those that are married and yet to marry, that way u don't have to give them much money again, Am sure not all his 7 siblings will fail when he settles them all in business. I think he gives them Peanut each time they come for help and he expects them not to come again, how possible is that,

He has mouth to talk now, Am sure his siblings must have sacrifice some things for him in the past, same with his mum, so what's the big deal in helping them at will if he can...Settle them pls and stop disgracing your family.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by danbrowndmf(m): 9:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
Nawa o oh bebe lo oh,May God Intervane in der family oh,we dnt knw whoz sayn d truth oh,mayb na another of der family pple make d woman look lyk shez bewitchn her son oh.

but come sef who is adebayor?
how do u guys expect me to knw him naw .sadwen u all know im schooling in NAIRALAND and SLOVAKIA.sad
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Boss13: 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oh there is some truth to this awkward news. I was surprised reading Adebayor calling his mother a witch and that they had done juju on him to affect his career. First and foremost, I want him to debunk such belief because it would truly affect his thinking and undermine his career. Rather than him criticising himself positively on certain career issues, he would be attributing and blaming Togolese juju. The only juju that would affect his career is himself.

The approach the family has taken is really bad. They should consider his effort of assisting the family as a privilege and not his responsibility. Each member of the family should dust off their lazy butt and go do something for themselves rather than creating rift in the family. It is a shame that the family is busy trying to look out for what Adebayor would provide for them. Adebayor should start his own family and concentrate on them and he is truly right by saying that his siblings should share the responsibility of taking care of their mother.

Adebayor is only disturbed by the situation in the family and that is the juju disturbing him.

2 Likes

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by ceo003: 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2014
grandstar:
There seems to be some truth in it after all.

It seems there is a rift in the family. His siblings are spoilt and they have been feeding fat from him. They are probably parasitic and either they have not built much on the foundation he laid for them or are simply still pining for more. Greedy lot.

The siblings may have gotten the mother into the rift probably by turning her against him. I don't see any reason why she should leave his house.

Many of these people never expected to see 1% of what he makes today. Its probably made crazy.

Its for nothing the bible says that " The love of money is the root of all sorts of injurious things"

They (his siblings) had better get off their backside and do get serious and he Adebayor should be stern with them even if they hate him afterwards. Perhaps he should make a public donation to each of them of say $50,000 each so if they fail in life, he would say its not his fault. That enough money to build on.

He should be thinking of life after retirement and not this crap. 70% of footballers go broke. I hope he doesn't join them

ur on point very true statement
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by soldierdollar(m): 10:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
My thread just got featured on the Africa's biggest online forum .
#dancingawilo
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Elypsis(m): 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
This Adebayo has a watery brain o...even if ur mama no be witch. And she pronounce sumtins on u out of anger or annoyance, omo na to beg and apologise o.......Jst go n settle with ur mother and u'll bounce back am so sure!

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
UnimkeAk:
Guys mean oh, sharing his properties, means they even want him dead.

In semi related matters,
This is what happens when only one person in a family is well to do.
I know say I go rich (I don d c my own barlerrys sef), so I always pray 4 God 2 bless my family(siblings, cousins etc) and friends hustle also.

I wan enjoy my money in peace without bad belle.

I swear na wisdom be d@ oh...remember when my elder sister told me she cant wait for me to be a doctor so she can share in my salary..just stylishly told her that may God bless us all & she got the message.

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by tanimola22: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
MissMeiya:

I have some wretched family like this. I pray I never have to be near them. In their eyes, you can see them assessing you, calculating. It's a horrible feeling. I recognize my father's bloodsucking relatives in this guy's story. And yes, he also thinks there's juju on him. One estranged uncle tried to give him something to eat once, for him alone, and he refused to eat it; th[b]e man started muttering some language and spitting[/b].

Sorry to say, but our people can be very wicked. Things I never saw or imagined until I came to Nigeria. My eyes don open.

You got me cracked up. Lolll. That is what they call Owawa
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
They shud air dia dirty laundry in dia aus jare, wateva appunz in hs house is nobody's business. Hez got the capability to make things right if he wants to.
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
danbrowndmf:
until u came bak to Nigeria? no vex oh,sis abeg where were u b4? France?.sad

Hahahaha yes o I dey France with the rest of NL! Come na wink

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
Boss13:
Oh there is some truth to this awkward news. I was surprised reading Adebayor calling his mother a witch and that they had done juju on him to affect his career. First and foremost, I want him to debunk such belief because it would truly affect his thinking and undermine his career. Rather than him criticising himself positively on certain career issues, he would be attributing and blaming Togolese juju. The only juju that would affect his career is himself.

The approach the family has taken is really bad. They should consider his effort of assisting the family as a privilege and not his responsibility. Each member of the family should dust off their lazy butt and go do something for themselves rather than creating rift in the family. It is a shame that the family is busy trying to look out for what Adebayor would provide for them. Adebayor should start his own family and concentrate on them and he is truly right by saying that his siblings should share the responsibility of taking care of their mother.

Adebayor is only disturbed by the situation in the family and that is the juju disturbing him.

#GBAM!

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
tanimola22:

You got me cracked up. Lolll. That is what they call Owawa

LOL! Thank you! Now I can buy the anti charms lol
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 22, 2014
bunmioguns:
That is his problem

Beside

I don't think I heard of such name here in

Sambisa Forest

undecided
[size=16pt]Get over the dry fvckery already. Its stale!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by emiye(m): 11:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
The best thing to do with very close members who are highly dependent on you is to pay them off.

Call them and ask what they want to do, to set up, give them 50%-100% of what they ask, it is a cheap way to get them off your neck, and a way to blackmail their ass in the event, they try to blackmail u in the future.
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by UnimkeAk(m): 11:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
drlawizle:

I swear na wisdom be d@ oh...remember when my elder sister told me she cant wait for me to be a doctor so she can share in my salary..just stylishly told her that may God bless us all & she got the message.

grin
It is an African thing bruv!

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by condralbede(m): 11:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
bunmioguns:
That is his problem

Beside

I don't think I heard of such name here in

Sambisa Forest

undecided
Haa....I go dey avoid u be dat,anyways never heard of such name here in chibok
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by devour129: 12:06am On Nov 23, 2014
Ilekeh:
Which kind of family is this? Is this for real?

If I was in his shoe, I'd distance myself from greedy and vindictive family members.

Nigerians should stop this nonsensical holy dai holier attitude. We all know how hungry family members can suck life out of someone once he/she has become rich. Your help/money is never enough until you've dashed them everything you have.

Imagine his mother telling him that his work will never go forward. That's crazy.

Sometimes I wonder whether my mom even fits the "Nigerian mother" stereotype. She's simply one in a billion.
everyone says that about their mothers
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by ketekete: 12:53am On Nov 23, 2014
His brother lives next to me here in Bremen Germany.. Hit like if you would like me to run an interview with him and share it with you guys.

his big brother's name is Kola Adebayor.. Google him.

www.ketekete.com

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by tarano: 1:15am On Nov 23, 2014
Ah what is this? adult like them want one person to take care of all of them? How do they get money to buy creams to bleach their faces? Seyi is a very generous guy and I believe he is fed up with these lazy and ungrateful folks.

Gave his brother in Germany over $70k to start car business but wasn't successful, sisters money to start businesses but wasn't successful. They now want him to open huge business for them to manage. They couldn't handle the little businesses he helped them establish so how can they handle multimillion $ company. It's not his responsibility to take care of his siblings so leave hike alone.

where is Adebayor's father, and the sisters cannot do any work to help themselves out? he should take care of her mother and leave the sisters to feign for themselves otherwise they will kill him and fight over his known properties.

Adebayor come back to Ijebu and fortify your self.

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 23, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
Three sides of the same tale ,Their Side ,his side and the truth .....

Exactly....

But africa wahala sha

2 Likes

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by ghostofsparta(m): 2:11am On Nov 23, 2014
Why don't you share your opinion on this hidden video recording of a paid female housemaid in Africa who in her fits of psychotic assaults the child baby placed in her care, thereby fitting the profile of those types who after been caught as the video evidence serves, would quickly lie against the devil as been the one responsible for the cruelty she met on the poor toddler. Warning!!!! The video will definitely shock you to the bones: https://www.nairaland.com/2010889/see-what-happens-folks-leave
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by micday81(m): 2:54am On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=HONNESSTY post=28262643]Its a lesson for everyone. Humans are insatiable being, never never never you as a breadwinner spoil ur siblings wit money but rather show dem the way to make money so that they will be independent of you. Finally as a man, never never never bring your mum to live in your house when you already married because a house where two women live wil never bring peace bt destruction. Giv your mum the best things you can afford. Make her live comfortable in own house. But never u bring her to your house .
You spoke well
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by bunmioguns(m): 4:11am On Nov 23, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=16pt]Get over the dry fvckery already. Its stale!!!![/size]

It's stale just like your brain

Mumu
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by bunmioguns(m): 4:15am On Nov 23, 2014
mentorandfriend:
All these 12 year olds on nairaland. Must you comment?

If you don't have any sense of humour, you better pack for one side

Beside, this is a forum and am entitled to my opinion

Must you dumbass and Dickhead have to quote me
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by bunmioguns(m): 4:19am On Nov 23, 2014
condralbede:
Haa....I go dey avoid u be dat,anyways never heard of such name here in chibok

grin grin grin

Then we be padi then, na your wives we go target this time around

tongue
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by SkinnyDude(m): 5:39am On Nov 23, 2014
rattlesnake:
I will soon delete NL cos of how they amplify lies angry
what's this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by condralbede(m): 6:33am On Nov 23, 2014
bunmioguns:

grin grin grin

Then we be padi then, na your wives we go target this time around

tongue
Lolz....Nobi small thing ooo.
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by sean079: 6:54am On Nov 23, 2014
Adebayor is a made footballer, he supposed to have handled dis case with ryt thinking at d earlier stage in order not for his family palaver enter his career n personal life. We know of how Mikel set up so many company n indirectly engaging each member of his family working for him by so doing they too are earning dere living. With good investment advisor he'll get over dis problem coz Mikel salary per week is half of what he's receiving n no be today he don dey collect dat money

1 Like

Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by rhymz(m): 7:36am On Nov 23, 2014
tarano:
Ah what is this? adult like them want one person to take care of all of them? How do they get money to buy creams to bleach their faces? Seyi is a very generous guy and I believe he is fed up with these lazy and ungrateful folks.

Gave his brother in Germany over $70k to start car business but wasn't successful, sisters money to start businesses but wasn't successful. They now want him to open huge business for them to manage. They couldn't handle the little businesses he helped them establish so how can they handle multimillion $ company. It's not his responsibility to take care of his siblings so leave hike alone.

where is Adebayor's father, and the sisters cannot do any work to help themselves out? he should take care of her mother and leave the sisters to feign for themselves otherwise they will kill him and fight over his known properties.

Adebayor come back to Ijebu and fortify your self.
Obviously, Adebayor has a family with a false sense of entitlement, from the pictures you can tell they are aggrieved and having a false sense of betrayal and expectations even after all the young man has done for them. See that one crying like she's been duped off her wealth by her brother even with the gold wrist watch she is wearing, she is shuddering at the prospects of their brother making the decision to distance himself from them. They are all leeches and should help themselves if Adebayor chooses not to help them again, no need mouthing off about the man, he has done enough already for the family and has set up some of these leeches, they should be able to take off from there, the man owes nobody anything.
Re: Adebayor Denies Evicting His Mother Over Juju: ‘i’m Not A Pastor, I Cannot..... by Jarus(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2014
There is still an issue. And Adebayor cannot be totally absolved. Although it has now become clear that the other party (his family) also has fault.

It is traditional in African societies for the rich one in the family to assist/carry (depending on relationship) other family members.

I'm not rich but because I have a decent job, I know what I do for my family.

I have also had this kind of issue (i.e accused of not doing enough) from a couple of my sisters and we had minor squabbles, but we reconciled, not to the extent of cutting of ties.

For my mum? No. I can never do cut off the ties with her no matter what she does. I know what she went through to nurture me. Even if she is the one that keeps away from me (like Adebayor's, if true) I still have to find her wherever she is to beg her.

Truth is, well my own belief, God that gave you money knows you have other people that will not be as rich around you whose responsibility you have to carry or share. That wealth could have been to anybody. Any of your siblings could have been the one with that football talent fetching you money. Saying his siblings should also do is not exactly right.

Adebayor should go and reconcile with his mother even if it is the woman that cut the ties.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Sign Alexis Sanchez From Barcelona / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid : Super Cup (2 - 3) On 12th January 2022 / Chelsea Vs Borussia Dortmund UCL (2 - 0) On 7th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.