Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,810 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:08 AM

Insurgency: Jonathan Accuses Media Of Lying, Says ‘i'm Winning Terror War’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgency: Jonathan Accuses Media Of Lying, Says ‘i'm Winning Terror War’ (567 Views)

US Resumes Training Of Nigerian Troops For Anti-terror War / Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election / Jang Accuses Media Of Promoting Crises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insurgency: Jonathan Accuses Media Of Lying, Says ‘i'm Winning Terror War’ by Donmams(m): 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan says contrary to media reports, his administration is winning the war against the outlawed Boko Haram terrorist group.

Speaking on Friday in London at the opening of the meeting of Nigeria's Honorary International Investment Council (HIIC), Jonathan said the Armed Forces and security agencies were making steady gains in recovering areas recently taken by Boko Haram insurgents.

According to him, the Federal Government and the security agencies are working very hard to ensure that the Boko Haram's ability to capture and hold any Nigerian territory is ended very soon.

"We're improving on security. For about a week now, there have been no reports of Boko Haram seizing more territory. Rather, we're steadily pushing them back. The impression being created by sections of the media that the situation is worsening is not true. I can assure you that it will never get worse", he said.

The president also solicited greater support from the National Assembly for his government's efforts toward curbing terrorism and insecurity in Nigeria.

He told the gathering that to be successful, leaders must take decisions based on adequate information and sound advice, saying "having had the personal benefit of interacting with you all as vice president and president since 2007 has helped me a lot".

Jonathan said he had offered himself as a candidate in Nigeria's next presidential elections because he was convinced that with four more years in office, he would be able to further consolidate the positive national reforms initiated by his administration and take them to an irreversible point for the good of all Nigerians.
Read More at:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/40147-insurgency-jonathan-accuses-media-of-lying-says-i-m-winning-terror-war
Re: Insurgency: Jonathan Accuses Media Of Lying, Says ‘i'm Winning Terror War’ by ifaoni(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
haha, this man, always drunk.

(1) (Reply)

Robbers Kill Three Policemen In Ondo State / Al Qaeda Denounces Slaughtering Of People As Used By Boko Haram And I S I S / Am Still Vying For Governorship - Bankole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.