Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election (28176 Views)

$15m Scandal: Patience Jonathan Accuses EFCC Of Hiring Mercenaries / Tom Marino Writes Kerry, Accuses Buhari Of Autocratic Tendencies / Solomon Asemota Accuses Buhari Of Appointing Islamist Jihadists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by sapientia(m): 2:42am On Mar 12, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan has accused his main challenger in March 28 election, Muhammadu Buhari, of assuring western nations of his preparedness to support same-sex marriage if he wins the forthcoming polls.

Mr. Jonathan, who spoke through his campaign organization, said Mr. Buhari made the pledge to secure the support of the countries to win election.

Femi Fani-Kayode, the Spokesperson of President Jonathan, said four western countries extracted a commitment from Mr. Buhari, who represents the All Progressives Congress, to support a legislation enabling same sex marriage.

Amid a flurry of apparently election-fuelled allegations, the claim by the Jonathan camp Wednesday seemed one of the most serious.

Still, Mr. Fani-Kayode, reputed for making unsubstantiated allegations against political opponents, refused to give the names of the four countries he was referring to.

Mr. Buhari, seen by his supporters as a non-nonsense former military leader, whose brief administration in the 1980s waged campaigns against indiscipline and corruption, has not given any hint suggesting he would condone same-sex relationship, already outlawed in Nigeria.

Nigeria’s National Assembly has already passed a bill making gay marriage a criminal offense, and offenders risk spending 14 years in jail if convicted.

But addressing a press conference on Wednesday in Abuja, Mr. Fani-Kayode said the proposition was made to Mr. Buhari by the representatives of a number of western governments when he was in the United Kingdom recently.

Mr. Fani Kayode said Mr. Buhari had appealed to the western leaders for support and to get their endorsement.

“He had talks with the representatives of at least four western countries. The leaders of those countries made an offer to General Muhammadu Buhari and we are reliably informed that he has put the offer under consideration.

“The proposition and offer was that if he was prepared to support legislation in Nigeria to allow same sex marriage and if he was prepared to repeal the anti-gay laws in Nigeria they will, in return, endorse, support and fund him, initially covertly and eventually publicly, at the right time,” he said.

He also said that instead of out rightly rejecting these offers and spurning this proposition, Mr. Buhari “apparently refused to rule it out and has put the matter under consideration.

“Instead of him to say NO he assured them that he would consider these two things.

“We believe that this is a matter that ought to be brought to the attention of the Nigerian people as a matter of urgency,” he said.

Mr. Fani-Kayode added that the APC are so desperate to ensure that Mr. Buhari becomes the President of Nigeria that they are actually prepared to consider the scrapping of all anti-gay or anti-homosexual legislations and at the same time, endorsing and supporting fresh legislation that would allow same sex marriage in the country.

“They are considering this despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of the Nigerian people find same sex marriage and, indeed, homosexuality repugnant and unacceptable.

“We are using this occasion to challenge General Buhari to come clean and to tell the Nigerian people whether this is true and whether, in the unlikely event of his being elected President, he is seriously considering scrapping the anti-homosexual laws in our country and pushing through new legislation which would allow same sex marriage,” Mr. Fani-Kayode said.

source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/178311-jonathan-accuses-buhari-of-gay-pledge-to-world-powers-over-election.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by nzeadachie: 3:07am On Mar 12, 2015
I KNOW THAT THE MAN CAN DO ANYTHING TO WIN THIS ELECTION BUT HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE, CHIEF JIHADIST CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA

150 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by brownlord: 3:11am On Mar 12, 2015
Caution

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by Burger01(m): 4:38am On Mar 12, 2015
^^^

See all the robots above me posting rabbish this early morning.

FFK can rant all he likes who caresundecided

Sai Buhari

273 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by Oklander: 5:05am On Mar 12, 2015
A man you accused of Fundamentalism, a man you claimed would Islamize Nigeria by implementing sharia if elected, you now accused has agreed to sign a gay law, talk of contradictory accusations, Smh…

The Pdp is desperate and very confused, thus vomiting senselessly any time they make a public talk. The head is clueless after all.

333 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by tatosh: 5:14am On Mar 12, 2015
LOL. I thought they said Buhari is a religious bigot and an Islamist? Does this mean he's no more any of these and now a supporter of gayism and westernization?

Can PDP please stop this joke already. Anybody with a sound mind can read through the lines and see that they are just cooking up baseless stories against the General, on the contrary it seems they almost admire the man.

Fellow Nigerians, Good governance is not rocket science like GEJ & PDP make it look. It only takes someone who has a social conscience to be the leader and we will see CHANGES.

Vote right
Vote APC

270 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by dave2meek(m): 5:17am On Mar 12, 2015
That's why they are trying to make things difficult for Gej...
And his government but God is more powerful than them

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by mycar: 5:23am On Mar 12, 2015
This is the right headline instead of this www.nairaland.com/2191363/apc-release-documentary-alleged-gay.

I know Buhari will do anything to enter into power, he claims to be a saint but would rather campaign for an election with looted funds.

Fight corruption my foot!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by seunfly: 5:26am On Mar 12, 2015
This people are sick, first he was a sharia man, later he want to islamise Nigeria, then he sponsor Bokoharam, then he has no certificate, then he was a dictator, then he will jail your corrupt uncle and father,then he was sick and he will die soon, then he can't go for second term and now he has pledged guy for world power to win election.
PDP is really confused and sick, isn't it obvious that we are in one chance all this while, we just did not know because we don't have opposition (even though not perfect people and perfect party ) to open our eyes to it.

188 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by theV0ice: 5:39am On Mar 12, 2015
tatosh:
LOL. I thought they said Buhari is a religious bigot and an Islamist? Does this mean he's no more any of these and now a supporter of gayism and westernization?
Can PDP please stop this joke already. Anybody with a sound mind can read through the lines and see that they are just cooking up baseless stories against the General, on the contrary it seems they almost admire the man.
Fellow Nigerians, Good governance is not rocket science like GEJ & PDP make it look. It only takes someone who has a social conscience to be the leader and we will see CHANGES.
Vote right
Vote APC
Oklander:
A man you accused of Fundamentalism, a man you claimed would Islamize Nigeria by implementing sharia if elected, you now accused has agreed to sign a gay law, talk of contradictory accusations, Smh…

The Pdp is desperate and very confused, thus vomiting senselessly any time they make a public talk. The head is clueless after all.

Infact you have to wonder.....the somersaults of the PDP over this Buhari matter calls for serious concern.

How low can they go?

You accuse someone of being BH and ISIL, Then you accuse him again of planning with the great Satan (USA) to promote homosexuality?? Talk of confusion from desperation.

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by disloman(m): 6:04am On Mar 12, 2015
Whenever i heard Jonathan speaks,1 thing comes 2 mind.CLUELESSNESS.Didn't u make pledges also?O boy!go sidon.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by OgaTheTop2: 6:22am On Mar 12, 2015
nzeadachie:
I KNOW THAT THE MAN CAN DO ANYTHING TO WIN THIS ELECTION BUT HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE, CHIEF JIHADIST CAN NEVER RULE NIGERIA
nzeadachie:

Robot. You dey suffer and dey smile u still dey confused and clueless. You have managed to charge your phones and now posting nonsense early momo. Smh.

Anyways, sai Buhari.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by femicyrus(m): 6:33am On Mar 12, 2015
I can only discribe pdp with this picture

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 12, 2015
Since I heard the news of Koro's Confirmation,I have been unhappy and ill to my stomach.I think we APC members from the South have just been Shouting Change for Notjing and there is Nothing we can do because non of us will come out to Confront Soldiers on the 29th of March when Badluck Jonathan will be Declared as President Elect because we went to Schools which have not added any Value to us.

I think the fight should be left to the Hausas and Muslims in Nigeria because they have really suffered under Badluck Jonathan and I implore them to Carry their burden because I as a Christian would not fight for you.The best Christians can do is to rant online because we are privileged to have that education and all.

What I want the ibos to know is that you have won the battle for the Presidency (if the Hausas relent and don't fight) but PLS take note that Lagos will be too hot for you ibos if you think you can rig Lagos.

I know Goodluck Jonathan will not be that Stupid to want to Rig Lagos for Jimi Agbaje who we all knw is an Ibo Candidate.I am really depressed at the thought of Another 4 years Under Jonathan and I am Considering Moving to a better Nation for the Sake of my Sanity.

In Conclusion, Goodluck Jonathan and his Ibo minions should know that his 2nd term will be practically Crisis filled because the fuse of the Masses' temper will be very short because they know that the Government does not enjoy the Popular Support of the People. In all I see a very turbulent Four Years for Nigeria, Ndi igbo and Goodluck Jonathan.

The only people that can salvage the Situation now are the Hausas because they are the only tribe in Nigeria who have the resolve to fight because they have a whole lot of Uneducated Almajiris. We southerners are too scared to fight Oppression and tyranny.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by Bootybuttchic(f): 7:00am On Mar 12, 2015
Oklander:

dont mind those druged fools that gej and pej have used their destiny as an exchange for shoes,they av become robots....fo.ols! Like fani kayode himself is not gay.....they shld take their story to the gods because

#i have decided
#sai baba

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by kilokeys(m): 7:04am On Mar 12, 2015
hmm

sexual orientation is nt a very serious national issue for Nigeria at this point.. heat wan kill pesin for night, no jobs etc.
.. make una talk better. because in reality pple do d sickest things in secret and say something else in the open

what are these guys bringing to the table to move us ahead. ?

some pple dey service dem cows from d rear o.. so i heard

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by wildchild1: 7:04am On Mar 12, 2015
Can someone tell this man to STFU please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by XBLadez: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2015
I can't doubt this! The old dictator is very desperate and can do anything to please the public so he could get his cranky ass in Aso Rock. But Aso Rock ain't meant for old men without certificates.
Buhari is a pathetic loser!

GEJ - 2019!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by shorexng: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2015
And he also plans to Islamize the nation? Jonah can lie!

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by Evathyst(f): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2015
Wish I could wake up one morning to hear dt FFK has become dumb. Honestly, ds guy irritates me like sh*t.

As for the APC, I'm gradually getting tired of their 'noise making' How could their senators fold their arms and allow Obanikoro get confirmed. Jeez! This forthcoming election will be rigged again by soldiers. undecided

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by macpetrus(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2015
Na wa Ooo
Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by GEJmustGO(f): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2015
PDP.igs telling lies since 1999.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by kayboy4y(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2015
Kettle calling pot black. Funny man. Anyways, my only entitled vote is for him. Don't get it twisted, it's GMB all d way. #Change is inevitable!

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by Nobody: 7:06am On Mar 12, 2015
You all shouldn't mind this useless Jonathan.
He's using gay rant to deceive Nigerians because most of them are homophobic.

What of him that legalised abortion, prostitution etc

Is he any better? Clueless man using mudane and stale tricks

I was neutral in this election but his silly propaganda is making me align with Buhari... undecided

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by pekeyim: 7:07am On Mar 12, 2015
These elections should come and....
Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by datola: 7:07am On Mar 12, 2015
PDP, this is not how to play opposition party. PDP does not deserve the position of opposition party let alone ruling party.

Always getting things wrong.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by agabusta: 7:07am On Mar 12, 2015
PDP, party of clowns.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by adenine02: 7:07am On Mar 12, 2015
we just need to remove this shameless govt
God bless GMB

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by mrrock: 7:08am On Mar 12, 2015
Buhari is a very desperate power hungry man. He can say anything to rule. He can do even the unthinkable just to rule. Born to rule mentality indeed!.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election by zicoraads: 7:08am On Mar 12, 2015
Well... the government had no business criminalising it in the first place. Although it was a political master stroke from GEJ in the first place as it shifted most Nigerians' focus on the real issues of governance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Directive: Jonathan’s Men Secretly Returning FG Property / Akpabio: I Didn’t Sexually Harass Aniete Ekong / Fatima, Atiku’s Daughter Revalidates Her Membership Of APC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.