Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,279 members, 7,864,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

School Violence:Share Your Experience - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Violence:Share Your Experience (590 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / School Punishment (share Your Experience) Photos / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Violence:Share Your Experience by Akbee(m): 5:48am On Nov 22, 2014
School violence is widely held to have
become a serious problem in recent
decades in many countries, especially
where weapons such as guns or knives are
involved. It includes violence between
school students as well as physical attacks
by students on school staff.
Mary-Ann Oguezuonu, a female teacher at
Obosima Secondary Technical School,
Ohaji-Egbema Local Government Area of
Imo State was attacked with cutlasses by
irate male students of the college.
Reports emanating from Obosima revealed
that the students attacked the nursing
mother with machetes.
The teacher’s alleged offence was that she
spotted a female student that changed her
school uniform into a skimpy outfit and
threatened that the college authorities
would send her packing if she wore such
an indecent dress to school again.
I was there when this one happened.
My English teacher in SS II,Mr Duke went black out after being beaten by some bad-eggs called students just because he punished them for not submitting their assignment.its such an unforgettable experience.This is my final year in higher school and i can categorically state here that i have seen a lot pertaining to violence over the years.
Lets share our experiences in high school and the rest!
Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by Tallesty1(m): 5:56am On Nov 22, 2014
Following
Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by DesChyko: 6:21am On Nov 22, 2014
At El-Shadai College in Imo State, some students got into a fight after school hours.

Call were quickly made and the teachers hurried back to contain the situation. After sending everyone home, one student in particular refused to go home and challenged the teachers instead. The teachers dealt with the student.
The next day, a team of over 20 touts (led by the boy's mother) stormed the school in search of the teachers. She was paid ₦7,000 before she dismissed the boys.

I'm really disgusted that such things happen in schools in my state of origin.

1 Like

Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by GboyegaD(m): 7:12am On Nov 22, 2014
Violence in high schools too? I hope this is a fiction.
Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by Akbee(m): 7:19am On Nov 22, 2014
GboyegaD:
Violence in high schools too? I hope this is a fiction.
probably ur yet to attend one.what is the educational system in ur country?man its everywhere..
Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by GboyegaD(m): 7:25am On Nov 22, 2014
Akbee:

probably ur yet to attend one.what is the educational system in ur country?man its everywhere..

I attended one many years ago and I never experienced students beat up their teachers.
Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by Akbee(m): 7:30am On Nov 22, 2014
GboyegaD:

I attended one many years ago and I never experienced students beat up their teachers.
little wonder it was many years ago.things av Changed lately.infact our pre high scools are now centres of violence.
Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by DesChyko: 7:51am On Nov 22, 2014
GboyegaD:

Surely, you're out of touch with the latest now.
Students beat up their teachers at will now and it is common in these rural areas, where there is little regard for civility and education.
They have 'cult-extensions' here and use that to stamp their authority since education has put them very low in the pecking order.

I pity them, and those who still believe the rural areas are where one can find gems in abundance.
Re: School Violence:Share Your Experience by Nastydroid(m): 10:20am On Nov 22, 2014
smiley

(1) (Reply)

30 Facts About Africa / CIAPS Postgraduate Commonwealth 2015 Scholarship For School Leaders / Impacts Of Community Participation In The Administration Of Secondary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.