Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward (1850 Views)

Fayose Reacts To PMB's Media Chat:Buhari Should Take A Step Forward, Close Court / History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper / 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward By Joe Igbokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by koboko69: 7:32am On Nov 22, 2014
I am writing this article in my capacity as Joe Igbokwe, I am writing this piece as an Author and writer and I am writing this as a public commentator on national issues. I am not writing piece this as the spokesperson of Lagos APC. I speak strictly for myself and I crave your indulgence to give me this liberty to speak at a time like this. Nigeria is in a deep crisis and anybody who wishes this country well must speak out now or hold his peace forever.

I have said it before that when a nation is in crisis, the people must search and fish out a great president. When a nation is at crossroads, a competent and strong hand is needed to restore normalcy. When a nation's territories are being threatened by external forces, you need a president with military background to put a stop to the insurgency. When corruption, impunity and mediocrity ravage a country, you need a disciplined man with puritanical disposition to be on the driver's seat.

General Muhammadu Buhari(GMB) has come of age in Nigerian politics since 2003. He contested presidential elections in 2003, 2007 and again in 2011. In 2007, he was mercilessly rigged out of power and he went to court to seek redress. The case went up to the Supreme Court where the three Supreme Court judges agreed that the elections were flawed while three voted against. It took the vote of the Chief Justice of the federation to save the country from national and international embarrassment. GMB accepted the verdict. In 2011, he returned to the ring to box again. This time the electoral thieves got bolder in the South East and South South. They loaded and loaded votes until they became satisfied with the number. A friend of mine who went to vote was told to go home because they had got the required number. Again the great betrayal by members of his party and the inability of members to work together created the room for PDP to retain power again. General Buhari cried. He wept for Nigeria, he wept for the state of nation and the level of impunity and corruption ravaging the landscape and he wept for generations yet unborn. He wept because he reasoned that Nigerians do not want to fight for change. He wept because the few who were choking Nigeria work twenty four hours a day and seven days in a week while the majority and those who should know better go to sleep and pray 20 times in a day asking God to come down to do the talking for them. GMB wept because he considered that he has tried his best to help restore Nigeria. He wept because he saw no hope for this country when the evil ones are getting bolder. The rest is now history.

In the last three and half years the rapacious greedy lots in Nigeria, the corrupt, the meretricious mediocrity and the nitwits became bolder. NNPC, Immigration, Pension funds, NPA, etc became cash cows. It became a big scramble for these characters to pillage anything their hands could touch. NNPC could not remit all the money accruing from crude oil sales to CBN. When the former CBN Governor, now Emir of Kano, HRH Sanusi Lamido Sanusi raised an alarm, he was sacked with ignominy. Federal Ministers became laws unto themselves, attacking the common patrimony with reckless abandon, stealing what they do not need. The great threat to the nation's corporate existence became the Boko Haram insurgency. Over 5000 Nigerians have been killed in the past three and half years. While the ruling party and the opposition continue to trade blames, the nation continues to go down. Mutinies reared its ugly heads in the Army of Nigeria. Junior officers started disobeying their superiors and our combatant soldiers escaping to Cameroun for fear of the rag-tagged insurgents called Boko Haram. In the midst of this, our infrastructure continues to decay. In 1999, our power generation stood a 3000 plus Mega Watts and after almost sixteen years we are now under 3000 Mega Watts after spending billions of dollars in that critical sector. Never in the history of this country has any leader played up the dangerous issues of Religion and Ethnicity as we have it today under President Jonathan. The Vice President, everybody including this writer fought so hard to make him assume his constitutional responsibility as president when President Yar Adua died in office, has put a knife on things that have held us together as one political entity. The president has systematically divided Nigeria along ethnic and religious lines, something unheard off in the history of Nigeria. Dangerously and tragically he moved from being the president of Nigeria to become the president of Ijaw nation. To make matters worse, some cowards and efulefus (nonentities) from his tribe took on other Nigerians, pouring invectives on them for asking questions.

I guess it was these errors of history that drove General Buhari to throw his hat into the ring once again to see if Nigerians can go back to history and take the right steps to right the wrongs of the past sixteen years. After giving up hope for Nigeria, GMB decided to return to take his last chance to help Nigeria out of trouble. I may not know what informed his decision to stage a comeback but I guess he knows what is wrong with this country and feels he knows what to do to reverse the trend.

I find it difficult to believe why the other equally good candidates in APC cannot step down for GMB given his antecedents, track records, history and character. No other former Head of State in Nigeria can be said to possess the discipline, honesty and integrity of General Buhari, all things considered. As a war time General, a former minister, a former Head of State, former chairman PTF and a fourth time contender in the race since 2003, I think that the man deserves all the support from all Nigerians to make it this time. Despite his dictatorial tendencies when he was the Military head of state, Buhari restored discipline and probity in Nigeria. His War Against Indiscipline (WAI) paid off handsomely and Nigeria is still reaping the fruits today. His intervention at PTF paid off too. His fight against corruption stood him out.
If today, the people at the corridors of power hate GMB, it is not because he is a bad man but the fear that some of them will end up in jail for corruption and impunity. They know that if GMB becomes the President, things may never be the same again and many of them will enter the next available flight to anywhere outside Nigeria. They know that oil subsidy looters will not go scot free. They know that GMB knows all of them. They know money does not mean anything to GMB and therefore he cannot be bribed.

Nigeria needs a tested and trusted Buhari now and this is the reason why I am pleading with all other APC presidential aspirants to step down for GMB. He is the most prepared for this office at a time like this. The little we saw of him in the 80s tells us that his wisdom, courage, discipline, strong character, fearlessness etc is what we need now to drive the new Nigeria of our dream. We must seize the moment. We must grab it with both hands or history will leave us behind.

Make no mistake about it, if we make the mistake of allowing President Jonathan to continue in office beyond 2015 we would have sowed the seed for this great country to go down. With all due respect, and without sounding immodest, President Jonathan has nothing to offer Nigeria. His emergence in 2010 was a big mistake. It was an error of history. It was something that could never have happened if we had known his innermost disposition, his training, his background, his philosophy, his ideology and his character. He cannot fight the insurgents, he cannot fight impunity, he cannot fight corruption, he cannot fight mediocrity, he cannot hold the country together and he simply cannot get it. The age of his ideas worries me to the marrows.

Let us help to get President GEJ out of the China's shop to forestall further colossal damage. HE has tried his best and has made history for himself and his people but his best is not good enough for the country. This country is far bigger than the ambition of one man and therefore President Jonathan should be prepared to go because he will be roundly and mercilessly defeated in 2015.

Joe Igbokwe
Lagos

6 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by koboko69: 7:41am On Nov 22, 2014
cc: neenar
ngeneukwuenu
ayukadaboss
gbawe
obiagelli
ibnsultan
egift
berem
demdem
kel4soft
sirniyeh
laykorn
barcanista
omenka
dumuose,
Brownlord,
Berem,
NgeneUkwenu
Arresa,
Caseless
Donphilopus,
Descartes
GenBuhari,
Kelsoft
MichaelSokoto
Gbawe
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by acenazt: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2014
All I want is PDP out of Power. I Am A Northerner from Gombe and My state and geographic Zone has been put into chaos by Boko haram. I wouldn't blame them for their actions but may God Repay GEJ for his Lax Carefree attitude towards the Evil committed by Boko haram. I won't vote anyone but I know if the Next elections would be free and fair,GEJ and PDP would be removed from power. And if GMB becomes President, That GEJ will taste the Horrors of Kirikiri. may GOD lead us in the Right Path. God Bless Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 22, 2014
I believe that collectively we can save Nigeria from the retrogression of the PDP led government that has been in Power since 1999. Please grab your PVC, Mobilise your family and friends and together we shall return Buhari to the Villa.

Buhari 4 President 2015
#i-Believe

7 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Samunique(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2014
@ OP. GMB has now become a saint and the only messiah that will save Nigeria ?

Kindly answer these questions:

1. Why did GMB overtrow democratically elected government of sheu shagari and dragged our our democracy backward for almost 20yrs?

2. Why is he now desperate to rule the system and the process he halted some years back, which he considered not good enough?
Because i believe if he did not halt our democracy then, we would av gone past this stage we are now.

3. If the democratically elected govt then had challenges, was overtrowing it the only option ?

4. What were his ( GMB) achievements as the head of states then ?

5. What moral right does a man who threatened to make the country ungovernable if he did not win has to now rule the same country?

I'm waiting for ur answers.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by MudRaker: 8:06am On Nov 22, 2014
The more you guys try to Launder this janjawiid's past and image the more his mythical sainthood fades.

Stop the senseless shilling.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by MeAboki(m): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2014
America must know and Obama is also saying Vote for Change Vote Buhari
PPl una done hear oh, SAI BUHARI.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by MudRaker: 8:13am On Nov 22, 2014
MeAboki:

GMB

General Monkey Baboon.
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Fulaman198(m): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2014
MeAboki:

I think it's time Nigeria invests in a younger less corrupt leader. Someone who knows the importance of technology and education for all. Someone who will treat all ethnic groups fairly unlike badluck Johnathan. Although I like Buhari, I don't think he will meet and exceed my expectations.
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by arewafederation: 8:16am On Nov 22, 2014
[s]
Samunique:

1. Why did GMB overtrow democratically elected government of sheu shagari and dragged our our democracy backward for almost 20yrs?

2. Why is he now desperate to rule the system and the process he halted some years back, which he considered not good enough?
Because i believe if he did not halt our democracy then, we would av gone past this stage we are now.

3. If the democratically elected govt then had challenges, was overtrowing it the only option then?

4. What were his ( GMB) achievements as a head of states then?

5. What moral right does a man who threatened to make the country ungovernable if he did win has to now rule the same country?

[/s]

Una no de taya?

Kai!!

3 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by arewafederation: 8:21am On Nov 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

I think it's time Nigeria invests in a younger less corrupt leader. Someone who knows the importance of technology and education for all. Someone who will treat all ethnic groups fairly unlike badluck Johnathan. Although I like Buhari, I don't think he will meet and exceed my expectations.

Can you suggest a viable, younger less corrupt person who has the ability to dislodge the criminals in PDP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by MudRaker: 8:21am On Nov 22, 2014
arewafederation:

Una no de taya?

Kai!!

No. The question should be when your General Monkey Blood go tire to cry after being rejected AGAIN

cheesy
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Samunique(m): 8:21am On Nov 22, 2014
arewafederation:

Una no de taya?

Kai!!
As u can see, u can't answer my questions.

Then u are not a good defender of ur slave master.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by bitterpenis(m): 8:47am On Nov 22, 2014
Well said, Jonathan has nothing to offer

1 Like

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by arewafederation: 8:48am On Nov 22, 2014
Samunique:
As u can see, u can't answer my questions.

Then u are not a good defender of ur slave master.

Even if your questions were answered a million times over, it still won't make you change your position. Those questions have been answered well enough that only those the get free meal from the government find it difficult to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by arewafederation: 8:51am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

No. The question should be when your General Monkey Blood go tire to cry after being rejected AGAIN

cheesy

MudRaker, what reason do you have for voting GEJ? grin

1 Like

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by abdulwastecx(m): 8:52am On Nov 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

buhari is transparent enough..buhari can leads a government free of corruption and nepotism, then we can start from there.

Jonathan is just too stupid to lead a great country like Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by MudRaker: 8:59am On Nov 22, 2014
arewafederation:

MudRaker, what reason do you have for voting GEJ? grin
I don't want a Muslim bigot ruling me ever again.

And Jonathan delivers
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Fulaman198(m): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2014
abdulwastecx:

buhari is transparent enough..buhari can leads a government free of corruption and nepotism, then we can start from there.

Jonathan is just too stupid to lead a great country like Nigeria

I agree that Noobathan can't lead a fish even if he tried. But I just believe that there is someone better out there than Buhari. Why must our leader be older? Older people don't know anything about technology. The younger generation is the future. We know about technology and science. We should be ruling if we want Nigeria to be at the forefront of everything.
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by arewafederation: 9:04am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

And Jonathan delivers

You never answer my question. grin
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Fulaman198(m): 9:05am On Nov 22, 2014
MudRaker:

And Jonathan delivers

This has got to be the biggest joke of the century. You want a man who sells out Nigerians to the west, a man with no pride who begs America to train our troops.... A man who is not respected anywhere because all he can do is kiss major arse? Are you joking? You come off as a bigot and probably just don't want a Muslim in power.

I don't want a sissy like wimpathan badluck in power. He pilfers money from his people. He's a total sellout and a complete fool.

1 Like

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:35am On Nov 22, 2014
Fulaman198:

This has got to be the biggest joke of the century. You want a man who sells out Nigerians to the west, a man with no pride who begs America to train our troops.... A man who is not respected anywhere because all he can do is kiss major arse? Are you joking? You come off as a bigot and probably just don't want a Muslim in power.

I don't want a sissy like wimpathan badluck in power. He pilfers money from his people. He's a total sellout and a complete fool.
Ranting of a Fool!
Even the gods have rejected Buhari!!
APC and Boko Haram are one.
We are no longer blind.
We see tru d wall now!
GEJ mandate is to restore Nigeria from the path of evil set up by Ahmadu Bello and the pro Arab slaves.
Westward we face forever!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Fulaman198(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

Ranting of a Fool!
We are no longer blind.
We see tru d wall now!
GEJ mandate is to restore Nigeria from the path of evil set up by Ahmadu Bello and the pro Arab slaves.

Ranting of an uneducated naïve fool who has no idea what's going on around him. If you read what I have written on this thread your fish brain would realize that I'll not for Buhari. Though I do believe that Buhari would do a much better job then GEJ.

ANYONE would do a better job than GEJ so that really isn't saying much at all.
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by otalenu(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2014
Honestly, huge and massive failure awaits GMB.
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Samunique(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2014
arewafederation:

Even if your questions were answered a million times over, it still won't make you change your position. Those questions have been answered well enough that only those the get free meal from the government find it difficult to comprehend.
That's the problem i have with Abokis, i asked some questions and if well answered, maybe i might be convinced to cast my vote for ur lord and u are here telling me the questions have been answered.
Where, when and how?

I know that's the truth u people will always run away from!!!!
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by koboko69: 11:47am On Nov 22, 2014
otalenu:
Honestly, huge and massive failure awaits GMB. jonaTAN

Now this makes more sense
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by koboko69: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2014
[s]
Samunique:

3. If the democratically elected govt then had challenges, was overtrowing it the only option ?

4. What were his ( GMB) achievements as the head of states then ?

5. What moral right does a man who threatened to make the country ungovernable if he did not win has to now rule the same country?

[/s] STALE!!!! we have educated you TANoids a couple of times about how GMB got into power. In b/w im.sure you know those that spare headed the 1st coup in Nigeria?
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Caseless: 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
Gej cannot b forgiven for dragging nigeria into so many mess. How we made that mistake(i did not vote him though) in 2011 is what i cant phatom.
Gej is a mistake that must be corrected next year.
Sai buhari!

1 Like

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Caseless: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
ZKOSOSO:

Ranting of a Fool!
We are no longer blind.
We see tru d wall now!
rice collector association of nigeria(RCAN) member, must u pple always use ur lower opening to think? No wonder u support gej.

1 Like

Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by Samunique(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
koboko69:
[s][/s] STALE!!!! we have educated you TANoids a couple of times about how GMB got into power. In b/w im.sure you know those that spare headed the 1st coup in Nigeria?
This all u have to say?

Then u shouldn't have started that ur piece of shit u call thread in the first place, and if ur paymaster loses the election u are one of his payboys that should be held responsible.

How can u start a journey u cannot complete? And u started a debate u cannot defend.

GMB e-warriors are very poor!!!!
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by adepiero: 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
[size=20]PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LETS VOTE FOR TOSYNE2MUCH! FOR MR NAIRALAND. God bless you as you do so, thanks grin [/size]
Re: 2015: History Beckons On Buhari To Step Forward by lanrefront1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Samunique:
That's the problem i have with Abokis, i asked some questions and if well answered, maybe i might be convinced to cast my vote for ur lord and u are here telling me the questions have been answered.
Where, when and how?

I know that's the truth u people will always run away from!!!!

Anyone that tries to answer your question is only wasting his time. like someone already answered you, even if your questions are answered one million times over, you will still cling to your position; so should anyone bother.

Also these questions are the same recycled questions. There are not new and there have been severally answered buy you are nit interested in that.

Many opinions on Naira land Forum are already bought and paid for.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian States By Party Affiliation (2014) / Blunder! Fake Campaign Picture Of GEJ's New Federal Universities Exposed / Mr. President Negligence: A Blessing In Disguise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.