Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police (1503 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / PHOTO: Nigerian Police To Pay N100m Compensation Over Death Of Lawyer Detainee / "Police Is Your Friend And Bail Is Free", How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by ediko5(m): 10:59am On Nov 22, 2014
In all the Nigerian police stations you enter, there is a notice with inscription – “Bail Is Free”. This is a law that has never been respected by the police.

It is almost impossible for someone to be taken to the Nigerian police station for any offence and being released without paying money for bail whether the person is guilty or not, even witnesses to incident who are taken to the station are sometimes threatened to pay money for bail, yet “Bail Is Free”.

Legally, bail should come with a receipt, yet people pay millions of Naira at the police station without any receipt, yet “Bail Is Free”.

Nigeria is a country in which more than 80% of her constitutional laws are not practiced including the issue of bail. Sometimes I wonder if the police are salary earners because some police stations are like banks where money are being deposited every moments.

I urge all well meaning Nigerians to rise up & fight corruption in Nigeria. The police should be stopped from extorting money from people in the name of BAIL.

Written By: Edikan Victor
www.brainnewsng.com

1 Like

Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by DickDastardly(m): 11:05am On Nov 22, 2014
Ok
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by bennygreat1(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2014
Impossible... This is Story for the gods.
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by Amastermovic(m): 11:23am On Nov 22, 2014
If u ask me na who i go ask,
if i read ur story na who i go tell,

Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 22, 2014
Bail is free only if you go to the police post/station with a lawyer. Police are always scared of lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2014
bail free for obodo Nigeria?

Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by ediko5(m): 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
himkers:
Bail is free only if you go to the police post/station with a lawyer. Police are always scared of lawyers.

My dear no be no again oo. because in some police station they have their own corrupt police lawyers who challenge other lawyers.

The country that we are is a very funny one where constituted laws are not practiced at all.
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by Smooyis(m): 1:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
Heheheheheeee. Indeed. Police is also our friends!
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by ediko5(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Smooyis:
Heheheheheeee. Indeed. Police is also our friends!
Our real friends. Just yesterday armed robbers operated in our street and the police that was called blew siren far distance away from the street and the robbers left after robbing people of their belongings.

1 Like

Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by Smooyis(m): 5:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
ediko5:

Our real friends. Just yesterday armed robbers operated in our street and the police that was called blew siren far distance away from the street and the robbers left after robbing people of their belongings.
Sometime ago i was in a commercial tricycle popularly called 'Marwa' where the owner took one way as a result of serious traffic jam and was accosted by three policemen at a junction. The tricycle man lied to them that there was an armed robbery gang not too far that warranted his driving on a wrong lane. Before u could hear Jack Robinson the three policemen called themselves and took to their heels. They did not know that it was just a ploy by the driver to get himself free. lol.
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by nnaemeka38(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is a serious case in our country, Nigeria. Even the Judiciary arms; lawyers who know the law still allow their client pay certain fee for bail. Just tired of this country.
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by ediko5(m): 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
nnaemeka38:
This is a serious case in our country, Nigeria. Even the Judiciary arms; lawyers who know the law still allow their client pay certain fee for bail. Just tired of this country.
even our judiciary is corrupt
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by uzeba(m): 12:08am On Nov 23, 2014
Yes!! Bail is free, just pay for the accommodation! Lol
Re: Bail Is Free – Nigerian Police by ediko5(m): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2014
[quote author=uzeba post=28267173]Yes!! Bail is free, just pay for the accommodation! Lol[/quote
House rent and feeding money. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Things To Know About Akin Ambode; The Next Governor Of Lagos / Ndi Anambra; Why Always Us? / Throwback Photo:President GEJ, Rochas Okorocha And Emeka Ihedioha All Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.