Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview (3757 Views)

That Buhari BBC Hard Talk Interview In Print / Madam Thief Thief On BBC Hard Talk / Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by SweetJuliet(f): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2014
Muhammadu Buhari On BBC HardTalk With Stephen Sackur

SS: Good day Mr. Buhari, welcome to BBC HardTalk.
MB: Thanks Stephen **smiles**

SS: Now you have declared to contest again, can we know your agenda Sir?
MB: To grab power from PDP

SS: I mean, your manifesto Sir?
MB: I said to grab power from PDP

SS: Ok, how can you improve the economy?
MB: I will fight corruption

SS: What are your plans for healthcare and education?
MB: I will stop corruption

SS: What's your plan for housing and urban development?
MB: I will kill corruption

SS: How can you fix insecurity, especially Boko Haram?
MB: I will murder corruption

SS: How can you build roads and upgrade infrastructure?
MB: I will finish corruption

SS: What are your plans for youths empowerment and agriculture?
MB: I will destroy corruption

SS: Excuse me Sir, why is your agenda centred on corruption alone?
MB: It’s because the corruption under Goodluck Jonathan is unprecedented and I'm the only person that can end it.

SS: Really and you didn't end it during Abacha's regime when Nigeria was the most corrupt country in the world in 1997, second most corrupt country in 1996 and third in 1998 according Transparency International Report? You quietly served under that most corrupt government and nobody heard your voice about corruption.

MB: **his face changes** I beg your pardon Stephen. Did you bring me here to insult me? Was this what we discussed when you invited me?

SS: Mr. Buhari, this is BBC HardTalk - a no-hold barrel interview session. Pls, can you kindly answer my question?
MB: I ain't gonna answer you (he tries to speak like an American but with Fulani accent)

SS: Why Mr. Buhari?
MB: Because I wasn't the president then

SS: Ok, that reminds me. During your illegitimate regime (1983-85), you jailed the following persons between 70-100 years jail terms even when some of them did nothing: Alex Ekweume, Sam Mbakwe, Ambrose Ali, Emeka Ojukwu, Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo and Fela etc.

MB: They were corrupt. That was why I jailed them.

SS: What about Ibrahim Awwal - your personal friend and the then governor of Niger state?
MB: He was not corrupt

SS: Excuse me Sir. Ibrahim Awwal was arrested at Heathrow airport right here in London with £14m. You simply placed him under house arrest for few weeks; the same way you placed Shehu Shagari (the then president) under house arrest, but locked up Alex Ekweme (the VP) in Kirikiri. Why?

MB: Ain't gonna stay here and listen to this f**king bullshit (still speaking like an American)

SS: Mr. Buhari, it seems you're a tribal bigot because it's on record that you never jailed corrupt politicians from your region even when they were the most corrupt.
----------------------------------
At this point Buhari couldn't bear it anymore. He got up and grabbed Stephen Sackur on his shirt collar. MET Police invaded the studio and got him arrested.

The Police said, do you think here is Nigeria where you threaten "dogs and baboon" or where you lament that the "fight against Boko Haram is war against the north"? This is the United Kingdom...you'll be jailed for assault!

Buhari stops speaking like an American and switches to Hausa language: Don Allah kada ku kurkuku ni. Kamar mayar da ni zuwa Nijeriya. Wani ya kamata don Allah sa ni El-Rufai wayar o.(Please do not jail me. Just send me back to Nigeria. Someone should please get me El-Rufai phone o) LMAO!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by Cannonleo(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2014
SweetJuliet:

MB: It’s because the corruption under Goodluck Jonathan is unprecedented and I'm the only person that can end it.

SS: Really and you didn't end it during Abacha's regime when Nigeria was the most corrupt country in the world in 1997, second most corrupt country in 1996 and third in 1998 according Transparency International Report? You quietly served under that most corrupt government and nobody heard your voice about corruption.

MB: **his face changes** I beg your pardon Stephen. Did you bring me here to insult me? Was this what we discussed when you invited me?

SS: Mr. Buhari, this is BBC HardTalk - a no-hold barrel interview session. Pls, can you kindly answer my question?
MB: I ain't gonna answer you (he tries to speak like an American but with Fulani accent)

SS: Ok, that reminds me. During your illegitimate regime (1983-85), you jailed the following persons between 70-100 years jail terms even when some of them did nothing: Alex Ekweume, Sam Mbakwe, Ambrose Ali, Emeka Ojukwu, Lateef Jakande, Jim Nwobodo and Fela etc.

SS: What about Ibrahim Awwal - your personal friend and the then governor of Niger state?

SS: Excuse me Sir. Ibrahim Awwal was arrested at Heathrow airport right here in London with £14m. You simply placed him under house arrest for few weeks; the same way you placed Shehu Shagari (the then president) under house arrest, but locked up Alex Ekweme (the VP) in Kirikiri. Why?

MB: Ain't gonna stay here and listen to this f**king bullshit (still speaking like an American)

SS: Mr. Buhari, it seems you're a tribal bigot because it's on record that you never jailed corrupt politicians from your region even when they were the most corrupt.
At this point Buhari couldn't bear it anymore. He got up and grabbed Stephen Sackur on his shirt collar. MET Police invaded the studio and got him arrested.

The Police said, do you think here is Nigeria where you threaten "dogs and baboon" or where you lament that the "fight against Boko Haram is war against the north"? This is the United Kingdom...you'll be jailed for assault!

Buhari stops speaking like an American and switches to Hausa language: Don Allah kada ku kurkuku ni. Kamar mayar da ni zuwa Nijeriya. Wani ya kamata don Allah sa ni El-Rufai wayar o.(Please do not jail me. Just send me back to Nigeria. Someone should please get me El-Rufai phone o) LMAO!
grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by Amastermovic(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2014
NA WETIN HAPPEN

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by bunmioguns(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2014
SweetJuliet:

5 Likes

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by icemania: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2014
@OP I weep for you, because not only do you not know how to write a sataire, you also just exposed how daft and inept your are.

Please stick to your day job.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by eaglechild: 11:24am On Nov 22, 2014
Lol!
This just typifies Bokkohari

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by obamartins(m): 11:35am On Nov 22, 2014
My belle oooo. Hahahahahahahahaha *cleans tears from my eyes* so APC is all about grabbing power, no manifesto on what they want to do with the power. Its alright, we will meet at the polls. *kisses my brand new Permanent Voter's Card* waiting for valentines day 2014 patiently.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by okiezman(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2014
Sauce or its a lie undecided
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by ypzilanti: 11:50am On Nov 22, 2014
In other news a special task force has been appointed to enforce belt tightening measures on nigerians. Increase in nepa tarrifs, increase in fuel price, high dollar exchange rates, more unemployment and more corruption coming to your home soon in 2015.

While you are suffering dont forget to look up in the sky and wave bye bye when one of the many presidential jets fly by.
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by donmalcolm21(m): 11:51am On Nov 22, 2014
Buhari doesn't have any impetus on the economy, healthcare, education and foreign relations. He only knows how to throw jabs and speak from two side of the mouth.
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 22, 2014

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 22, 2014
I challenge you to write a 'satire' about Goodluck too or... you are a BIGOT and a common party thug.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 22, 2014
Very creative
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by iluvnaija: 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
@op first of all, obviously this is a joke and second of all Buhari is the only Nigerian president to arrest a politician (umaro dikko, who is a northerner) from UK to serve Jail term in Nigeria.

Tell your pay masters to increase your salary so you can increase the lies and make more Nigerians love him and will vote for him.

Buhari's popularity has increased tremendously and we are happy. Those I told before who didn't believe me about the good things Buhari did are all nodding their head now in agreement that he is the man of the moment.

In fact, if Buhari can kill corruption alone, other things will fall into place and Nigeria will be back on her feet again.

@op This post has revealed more that Buhari is the only man that can save this country from the cabal that has held us hostage for so long.

Thank you @op!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
the bitter truths in the joke are really hard for some to swallow. hence the attack @ the op cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by Collynzo9: 12:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hahahahahaha
front page please
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by adepiero: 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
[size=20]PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LETS VOTE FOR TOSYNE2MUCH! FOR MR NAIRALAND. God bless you as you do so, thanks grin [/size]
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by kingthreat(m): 12:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
For tainting this man's image, may Nigeria's corruption negatively affect you where you least expect.

1 Like

Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by farem: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
icemania:
@OP I weep for you, because not only do you not know how to write a sataire, you also just exposed how daft and inept your are.

Please stick to your day job.
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by farem: 1:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
Collynzo9:
Hahahahahaha
front page please

This one on Nairaland frontpage? It is true that morons have invaded Nairaland!
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by cold(m): 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
Although i do not pander to the political rofo,rofo fights (apologies to Fela) on this forum,i cannot deny this is hilarious. At least i laughed a hearty laughter. That's good enough for me
Re: Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview by meccuno: 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
i cant help but laugh............. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pictures and Video From Chatham / Breaking News! Police Men Flee From Ewedogbo As Militant Advanced Into Lasu Rd / President Buhari's Children And Where They Schooled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.