Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. (8563 Views)

That Buhari BBC Hard Talk Interview In Print / Buhari On Bbc Hard Talk Interview / Madam Thief Thief On BBC Hard Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by olabukola: 12:43am On Jan 21, 2010
He is live now, if you are opportuned tune in to BBC and listen to him on issues concerning Yaradua and the pant Bomber.
Thats the link here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/hardtalk/8470860.stm
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by djavo(m): 1:37am On Jan 21, 2010
I have just seen it.He could have turn down the interview rather going ahead to make big fool out of himself.How can someone be a foreign minister and you have not been in contact with his president ever since the later was taken ill and the country is going through some tough times internationally.He claims to have been in politics for the last three decades or so and that's the best he can come up with regarding the whole saga.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by sjeezy8: 1:49am On Jan 21, 2010
lol this guy is a big fool. I dont think he really understands the importance of being a "Minister of Foreign affairs" and the way he laughed these questions off was like wtf its a joke to him.

smh he should have declined instead of making a fool out of himself and the rest of Nigeria.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by g1(m): 2:31am On Jan 21, 2010
this guy and PDP are a major source of embarrasment to nigeria, i was too embarrased to finish watching it, with all the intelligent people we have in this country, how did ojo end up as our foreign minister embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by olabukola: 2:38am On Jan 21, 2010
g1:

this guy and PDP are a major source of embarrasment to nigeria, i was too embarrased to finish watching it, with all the intelligent people we have in this country, how did ojo end up as our foreign minister embarassed embarassed embarassed
The way Yaradua ended up being our oga kpatata. No be Nigeria again? anything is possible even pig can fly.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 2:52am On Jan 21, 2010
omoibo olodo oshi grin grin grin

Where is mekusxxx to defending the olodoness of his tribesman?

The guy's accent sounded so local LOL. And the guy thought it was a good opportunity for him to boast about his 10 years of experience. Who gives a Zap? undecided
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by sjeezy8: 2:54am On Jan 21, 2010
Some people will says its the northerners but this guy is not from the north. Lets call a spade a spade
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by paddylo1(m): 3:57am On Jan 21, 2010
The guy's accent sounded so local LOL. And the guy thought it was a good opportunity for him to boast about his 10 years of experience. Who gives a Zap?

get the eff outta here. .with your self hating as*s. .always trying to justify your inferiority complex with the white man
what do u mean by local accent?. . whose accent is not local now? your white man that taklks through the nose?
u nigerians never fail to amaze me. . .
ojo madueke is doing a good job representing Nigeria in these trying times
sometimes u guys take white ppl too seriously. .
well maybe because i see them everyday,but i aint impressed
that dude asking questions,should go ask obama why he lost the senate seat in Massachusetts
and will probably loose the elections in 2010,
if he is doing such a good job

and ask gordon brown why he will be booted out in the uk this yr. . .
every country got problems,and majority of ppl aint happy
whether in the U.K,U.S or Nigeria
so let him go pull the speck outta his eye first

am sick of Nigerians taking the words of these crackas as the gospel truth
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by darkman200: 4:07am On Jan 21, 2010
@Paddy_lo

You are very funny, Meanwhile i totally agree with you. The dude refering to an accent as local, he had no clue what he was talking about lol. i was born and bred in Nigeria, why would you expect me to talk like someone that was born and raised in Big Spring Texas, ,
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by doyin13(m): 4:11am On Jan 21, 2010
paddy_lo:

agree on the accent thing, but the criticisms of our country's leaders echo
what we have been saying for ages.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 4:35am On Jan 21, 2010
paddy_lo:

get the eff outta here. .with your self hating as*s. .always trying to justify your inferiority complex with the white man
what do u mean by local accent?. . whose accent is not local now? your white man that taklks through the nose?
u nigerians never fail to amaze me. . .
ojo madueke is doing a good job representing Nigeria in these trying times
sometimes u guys take white ppl too seriously. .
well maybe because i see them everyday,but i aint impressed
that dude asking questions,should go ask obama why he lost the senate seat in Massachusetts
and will probably loose the elections in 2010,
if he is doing such a good job

and ask gordon brown why he will be booted out in the uk this yr. . .
every country got problems,and majority of ppl aint happy
whether in the U.K,U.S or Nigeria
so let him go pull the speck outta his eye first

For starters maduekwe is not doing a good job representing Nigeria. Infact the guy exemplifies everything that is wrong with Nigeria. Even after the attempted attack, the first person to issue a statement was Dora Akunyili, like WTF. I would have expected the guy to have issued a statement quickly but no it had to be another government official not tied to foreign relations.

Moreover, his attitude in that interview was silly. First of all he started with some self-aggrandizement which was uncalled for, which he finished up with some unsatisfactory answer. Anyone with an IQ above 3, would know that foreign policy is dictated by the president in accordance with the wishes of the legislative arms and his various advisers not by one single foreign minister. That was the interviewer was asking about- the absence and lack of a central figure to review and issue foreign policy.

As for the accent it is local from my perspective. I wasn't talking to people like you. If you lived amongst the upper-crust of Lagos society you would know why I termed it local. I did not say he should speak with a Brit or American accent, but with some clarity, confidence and distinctiveness. The accent is local and Onitsha Village sounding accent grin grin grin.

No, I don't take "white people seriously" except when they are speaking in regards to my country. Stop comparing US and UK to Nigeria. If the American president was missing in action then he would have been impeached by lawmakers a long time ago. No country should be on stand still for one man only. The interviewer was just surprised about the fact that Nigeria had no president despite facing various issues of international importance. FYI Obama and Gordon are asked uncomfortable questions on a daily basis- however the only person I know who answers questions as stupidly as Maduekwe is Bush.  It might be difficult for you to grasp but Nigeria is quite an anomaly in any study of political theory grin

Missing president, inane foreign minister

What more could you ask for to destroy a country?

Gone are the days of Jaja Wachuku cry

1 Like

Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by asha80(m): 4:51am On Jan 21, 2010
I wonder why you guys are bothered about Sefago's comments on the accent of a thing when he is epitome of why the white people refer to africans as monkeys.

As for Maduekwe he deserves a bullet to his skull for disgracing nigeria and himself.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 4:55am On Jan 21, 2010
I wonder why you guys are bothered about Sefago's comments on the accent of a thing when he is epitome of why the white people refer to africans as monkeys.

The white people can call Africans monkey because we have no bargaining power, no international clout no confidence neither are we organized or introspective. If we had an arrogant, and confident foreign minister without a bush accent grin, you wouldn't have Nigerian youths being killed in china like chicken while the chinese are buying oil blocks in Nigeria.

As for Maduekwe he deserves a bullet to his skull for disgracing nigeria and himself.

That's all I want, your insults aside, we want the same thing grin
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 4:59am On Jan 21, 2010
"Without being immodest about it, the president chose . . . "

"Depends on the president vision. I know what the president's vision is grin grin grin grin"

LOL
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by asha80(m): 5:02am On Jan 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

The white people can call Africans monkey because we have no bargaining power, no international clout no confidence neither are we organized or introspective. If we had an arrogant, and confident foreign minister without a bush accent grin, you wouldn't have Nigerian youths being killed in china like chicken while the chinese are buying oil blocks in Nigeria.

That's all I want,insults aside your , we want the same thing grin

At first bolded really?

At second bolded it is a fact and not an insult sorry.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 5:04am On Jan 21, 2010
This is an example of a non-local classy accent, compare it to Ojo Maduekwe grin

Local Onithsa village man undecided

Kai if this is who is representing us on the local stage, man we are laughing stock of the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ihs241zeg
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 5:05am On Jan 21, 2010
At first bolded really?

Yeah what did I say was wrong?
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by asha80(m): 5:13am On Jan 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

This is an example of a non-local classy accent, compare it to Ojo Maduekwe grin

Kai if this is who is representing us on the local stage, man we are laughing stock of the world

I do not think the foreign media is interested in ones accent because frankly they do not give a flying monkey but the susbstance of the person.Only someone with acute inferiority complex you are displaying here with all the pride that a peacock cannot muster will be interested in such things.I know in about 6 years time you will get over this.

Funnily the lady you put her link here comes from a place nearer to onitsha than where ojo is from.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by asha80(m): 5:21am On Jan 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

Yeah what did I say was wrong?

If Chinese can execute an american for whatever reason in China you think having an 'Obahiagbon' as foreign minister will do jack?What concerns the Chinese with your foolish arrogance that USA cannot muster?

As for oil blocks i wonder how an arrogant foreign minister will have an effect in a nation that generally does not care about his citizens interests.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 5:21am On Jan 21, 2010
asha 80:

I do not think the foreign media is interested in ones accent because frankly they do not give a flying monkey but the susbstance of the person.Only someone with acute inferiority complex you are displaying here with all the pride that a peacock cannot muster will be interseted in such things.I know in about 6 years time you will get over this.

Funnily the lady you put her link here comes from a place nearer to onitsha than where ojo is from.

The accent was a sidenote by the way. Moreover, I don't really care where Ojo is from- if he was yoruba I would have called it an ogbomosho accent, and if he was hausa, I would have called it a sokoto accent. I dont even know where onitsha is grin grin. The big difference between him and chiamanda is a lack of confidence. I don't want my foreign minister to be talking like a lazy man full of palm wine right in front of BBC.

Anyways my gripe is with the whole Nigerian government and that's it. Bunch of incompetent fools.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 5:24am On Jan 21, 2010
asha 80:

If Chinese can execute an american for whatever reason in China you think having an 'Obahiagbon' as foreign minister will do jack?What concerns the Chinese with your foolish arrogance that USA cannot muster?

As for oil blocks i wonder how an arrogant foreign minister will have an effect in a nation that generally does not care about his citizens interests.

When has this happened? China executed a British Citizen (Non-white) and see how much media coverage grin. America would request for their citizen to be extradited and China will oblige period. Respect your elders is how the game is played in international circles grin
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 5:30am On Jan 21, 2010
asha 80:

If I was foreign minister and Nigerians get executed as much as they do in China, I would have at least done something to create an extradition agreement with China. And if I get blocked by the president, I will resign from my position- like Okonjo Iweala (Very Honorable and respectable woman unlike ashewo Maduekwe). If you are hindered from performing your job, why stay in it?
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by asha80(m): 5:35am On Jan 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

If I was foreign minister and Nigerians get executed as much as they do in China, I would have at least done something to create an extradition agreement with China. And if I get blocked by the president, I will resign from my position- like Okonjo Iweala (Very Honorable and respectable woman unlike ashewo Maduekwe). If you are hindered from performing your job, why stay in it?

At first bolded talk is cheap.

At second bolded the 'nigerian factor'
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 5:39am On Jan 21, 2010
asha 80:

[/b]

At first bolded talk is cheap.

For those without ethics yes. I think I have standards for myself. I take a job, and I do it. Hence the difference between "smart people" and "average people." When I am offered something to do i do it to the best of my ability and leave if I don't meet expectations. I would expect Maduekwe to have the same standards. Nigerian factor ko, mutallab factor ni. Lazy is lazy-call it what you want.

The i.d.i.o.t should Resign, na by force to be a foreign minister if you are powerless?
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by Onlytruth(m): 6:38am On Jan 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

Thanks for that link. My sister Chimamanda Adichie is refreshing any day. She reminds me of the okoro spirit.
Welcome back though. Onye oshi. grin
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by SEFAGO(m): 6:45am On Jan 21, 2010
Thanks for that link. My sister Chimamanda Adichie is refreshing any day. She reminds me of the okoro spirit.

Yeah and isn't she beautiful. I have decided to marry her. We would be doing our traditional in her village. You would see me in igbo attire very soon, I would post my pictures cheesy
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by princekevo(m): 6:49am On Jan 21, 2010
Our leaders will never stop to disgrace us to the whole world.
I wish BBC can track one by one with this same interview, to expose their follishness, jst like Ojo.
You have not spoken with your boss for 2months, and unexpected event occured within the 2months. How can you possibly tell the world that you are acting based on his vision, without any communication with him. FOO.LS.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by AjanleKoko: 7:06am On Jan 21, 2010
I think Maduekwe's only error was to agree to the interview. Then he wouldn't have been put on the spot like that.
I have no issues with his accent. People have been on Hardtalk, and spoken through an interpreter (Iran's foreign minister), so no big deal.
Subjecting Nigeria to the ridicule of the international community is as bad a crime as the purported disappearance of the president. At this point in time, when you know you can't defend the indefensible, it is better to be silent.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by RichyBlacK(m): 7:18am On Jan 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

omoibo olodo oshi grin grin grin

Where is mekusxxx to defending the olodoness of his tribesman?

The guy's accent sounded so local LOL. And the guy thought it was a good opportunity for him to boast about his 10 years of experience. Who gives a Zap? undecided

@SEFAGO,

When I call you and your ilk f.ucking ethnic bigots, you try to defend the indefensible. As usual fo.ols like you will want to take any and every opportunity to put down an entire ethnic group. What is your problem? There are hundreds of politicians of your "tribe" that cannot even speak English talk less of assessing any form of accent.

Why must as.swipes like you turn even the most innocuous issue into an opportunity to ridicule Ndi-Igbo?
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by mbulela: 7:23am On Jan 21, 2010
g1:

I used to think it was corruption until two weeks ago.
I came to the realization that curroption is present in every society.The underlying cause for the wanton prevalence in ours is an ineffective system that produces a group of leaders that are not only ineffective but inept, greedy, decietful and devoid of any sort of integrity.
That ineffective system is the underlying cause of every other problem that persists in this country.
If we can break the hold of barbarians over leadership in this country,then we can begin to address other problems.Then we can begin to see a sincere addressing of the NEPA issue, Niger Delta and even a minimization of corruption (i did not say eradication o!).
The present situation in the presidency where everyone without exception in the political space is consumed by greed, self preservation and even ineptitude bares credence to this fundamental and in my view most worrying problem if the country.
Until that is addressed, we will be going in circles and the barbarians will keep despoiling our collective heritage and resources.
The only exception will be that their greed and selfishness consumes them before the resources are exhausted.

Afterall, Nigerians are not the worst followers, we are not the most populous, we are not the only ones with oil, we are not the most corrupt.Their is no bad trait that is our exclusive preserve.But i think that the System that produces our leaders is not only most ineffective but also moribund.That is why we keep recycling the same barbarians and their children.If it is not Saraki, it is Saraki's son.I it is not Yar'Adua, it is Yar Adua's brother.The same Lukman, the same Ojukwu, the same Ojo Madueke, the same Babangida and the same Afenifere lot.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by mbulela: 7:25am On Jan 21, 2010
i am not disappointed by Ojo Maduekwe, i am disappointed by NLers who tuned in to the program expecting anything more from that barbarian.
The most annoying part of his life as one of the rascals ruining this country is when he attempts to sound like an intellectual.
Re: Watch Ojo Mmaduekwe Talking Trash On Bbc Hard Talk. by mbulela: 7:29am On Jan 21, 2010
SEFAGO:

The accent was a sidenote by the way. Moreover, I don't really care where Ojo is from- if he was yoruba I would have called it an ogbomosho accent, and if he was hausa, I would have called it a sokoto accent. I dont even know where onitsha is grin grin. The big difference between him and chiamanda is a lack of confidence. I don't want my foreign minister to be talking like a lazy man full of palm wine right in front of BBC.

Anyways my gripe is with the whole Nigerian government and that's it. Bunch of incompetent fools.

that is not correct.
their is no relationship between light and darkness.
That man does not lack any confidence.
he lacks intelligence and has deceit, selfishness and greed in abundance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Do You Do When Your Proposal Is Hijacked. / Jos Airport Erects First Security Watch Tower In Nigerian Airports / APC's Yusuf Galambi Wins Gwaram Federal Constituency By-Election in Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.