Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:33 AM

Why Does it take so long for Part-time students to get their Result? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does it take so long for Part-time students to get their Result? (1556 Views)

LASU Part-time Students Protest, Shut Fashola’s Office / Yabatech Releases Their Result: / Laspotech And No Result For Part Time Students After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Does it take so long for Part-time students to get their Result? by Hoba007: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is a serious issue that has been plaguing Nigeria tertiary Institution. I'm a victim myself both my ND and HND programmes were run on part-time basis, a normal ND programme that takes a full time student less than 2years to complete will take a part-time student 3years but the most annoying part is, after completion of the programme only a full time student gets their results 3-4months after, sometimes even faster,It might take some few years before a part-time would get theirs.

I had my ND programme with LASPOTECH from 2001-2004 and I got my result in june 2006, after begging and pleading for the result to be issued. Have heard of part-time students in LASU still waiting to get their result(at least notification) 2,3,4 and 5years after completion of their programmes with no references in their courses. Unlike tertiary Institution like Laspotech, LASU, Ibadan Poly and others, Unilag and Yabatech has been an example for them to follow where they issue at least Notification of result 3-4months after completion of programmes.

I have a friend who just finished his part-time programme with Ibadanpoly, he wrote his last paper in october last year,he also said he enrolled for this programme in 2010 and two sets of FULL student have graduated during the course of his programme, up this moment he doesn't know when he's going get his result.

It's painful and frustrating when you realised that you paid at least 300-400% of what a Full time student paid. You see these tertiary institution management behaving as if they are doing the student a favour, whereas the students are the ones doing them a favour because they grow pot belly during course of your programme , some of them get to marry more wives, some get new cars. Part - time students are continuously made to pay outrageous school expenses which they always do, hoping they will get what they are looking.

Most people wouldn't want to run Part-time programmes if given an option but we are victims of circumstances , like I said before both my ND and HND were run on part- time basis because if I don't finance my education myself nobody will. It's disheartening and painful that after starving yourself, depriving yourself of so many things so that you would be able to pay your school fees, some people will just hold onto your result for 2-5years!!! Some will people will never God face.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos From Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta Matriculation Ceremony / Meet Yetunde Odugbesan-omede, The Pretty 27 Year Old Professor And Author / Bed Bugs Invasion In University Of Uyo Hostels (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.