Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,303 members, 7,957,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? (1253 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / If Your Spouse Confides In You That He Stole #100m From The Govt, Your Advice? / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by ugborikoko(m): 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2008
Scientist claimbeing gay/lesbian is as natural as being heterosexual. They say we are all wired differently.

What should i do if my son confides in me that he is in love with another man!
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Ben13: 4:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
ugborikoko:

Scientist claimbeing gay/lesbian is as natural as being heterosexual. They say we are all wired differently.

What should i do if my son confides in me that he is in love with another man!

I thouhgt he has done already**hissesss

she come shout help!
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by HRhotness(f): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2008
u support him and be ther for him

theres a whole lot more to a person than their sexuality
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by MrCrackles(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2008
Buy him loads of lubes and gay johnnies!

And pray he never catches the deadly virus during his fudge packing adventures!! grin
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by ugborikoko(m): 4:26pm On Nov 27, 2008
People, this is a possiblity, considering that gays have been society since bible times. By the way there is now a gay bishop,

Should you kill your child because he/she turns out gay?
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by freakyy(m): 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2008
Why do i get the feeling, You are the Gay Son?!

Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by just1n(m): 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2008
Wat can i do, but allow him or her be . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by ugborikoko(m): 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2008
Hey Mr Freaky,

No point trying to argue with u about what i am, Your nick name is freaky, so i may just assume that you a tranvestite  and a Freak, just like you acknowledge.

shocked
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by freakyy(m): 5:02pm On Nov 27, 2008
You really just confirmed my suspicion, You really are well read in this field,  So, when did u know?? does your ass hurt?? hehehhehehehe
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by sistajay(f): 5:04pm On Nov 27, 2008
Give him a  big hug and a kiss on the cheek, and say 'well done son'. I ask kini BIG deal.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by benincitys(f): 7:18pm On Nov 27, 2008
i will advice him to always use condom and tell him how much i love him.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by plappville(f): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2008
God forbid, shocked do u know how he got initiated?? Well i will do my best to make him hate and desist from that evil act, anyway if he knows God he will not find himself in this act, draw urself and ur child closer to God by the time he start hear the word of God he will repent from homosexuality.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by KarmaMod(f): 8:29pm On Nov 27, 2008
You'd be amazed by how many hardcore christians that are closet homosexuals, plappville

even priests sef
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Gamine(f): 9:20pm On Nov 27, 2008
i will call Helen Ukpabio o!!! angry angry angry
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by chika98: 9:31pm On Nov 27, 2008
Slap the gayness out of him
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by freakyy(m): 10:04pm On Nov 27, 2008
chika98:

Preach!!
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Pepeye(f): 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2008
Gamine:

i will call Helen Ukpabio o!!! angry angry angry

What has Helen Ukpabio got to do with that eh?
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by CrazyMan(m): 10:21pm On Nov 27, 2008
As a father, you should sit him down and tell him the dangers his likely to encounter in homosexualism; he should know that what his doing can lead to his ruin.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by SeanT21(f): 11:36pm On Nov 27, 2008
Tell him its not right!!

If he dont change,Pray for him!!
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by dash88(m): 7:57am On Nov 28, 2008
crazykid:

As a father, you should sit him down and tell him the dangers his likely to encounter in homosexualism; he should know that what his doing can lead to his ruin.
what kinda oshisko talk be dis? dis na naija,

@poster, get a good koboko or horse whip if u like, and beat the living-'gay'-light out of his stupid mind, even God go happy with u (spare the rod n spoil the child),
abi are u ready to be ur son's gay partner?
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by abujabooks(f): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Ugborikoko,

God made Adam and Eve. God did nt make a mistake by nt making, adam and adam.

Hw cn u b in love with another man? That is sickening.

Deliverance from sexual immorality is required in this case.

Maybe, this person was abused by a man when dy were young and now think, this is right.

IT IS WRONG!

U cn be delivered if u want to be delivered.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by plappville(f): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2008
dash88:

what kind of oshisko talk be this? this na naija,

@poster, get a good koboko or horse whip if u like, and beat the living-'gay'-light out of his stupid mind, even God go happy with u (spare the rod n spoil the child),

you funny ooo, i laugh fall for grand ooo, u no think say the boy involve is an adult?
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by sexyLeamon(f): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2008
@poster there is nothing else you can do, that is what your son want and being gay doesn't meant that your not human tongue
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Moyo1(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2008
Remember this isn't a problem u can fix all on ur own. First confirm medically if he is truly gay or he just stumbled on some naughty ideas from his peers.

If he is truly gay, realize that only a miracle could make him normal, and I advise u to go spiritual. Don't border to waste money on any trial and error medically.

Let's call a spade a spade. Start serious communication with GOD.
That's the only thing that can change the situation.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2008
chika98:

chuuch!
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 04, 2008
May God forbid bad thing.

Infact, this is impossible!!
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by bawomolo(m): 2:11am On Dec 05, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

May God forbid bad thing.

Infact, this is impossible!!

manliness cheney and alan keyes believed the same thing too.  keep on deceiving ya selves.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 05, 2008
bawomolo:

manliness cheney and alan keyes believed the same thing too. keep on deceiving ya selves.
I'll str8n him out.
abeg, dnt wish me bad luck. . . .
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by bawomolo(m): 5:40am On Dec 05, 2008
Ebony-Silk:

I'll str8n him out.
abeg, dnt wish me bad luck. . . .

not wishing you bad luck, take easy on your limp wrist pikin o grin
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by follypimpi(m): 2:17am On Dec 12, 2008
well i go get am finest chich wit a fine ass booty and pussy,Oya put ur koboko and try am,u must like am pass batty.on a serious note,i go jst dey pray for am,on the mountaint for sure.we go move bck go 9ija,go c woli.
Re: What should i do if My Son confides in me that he is Gay? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 02, 2009
dash88:

what kind of oshisko talk be this? this na naija,

What has this being Naija got to do with anything? Are you heterosexual because you're living in Nigeria or because youre a Nigerian? Don't be ridiculous! A gay person has not chosen his sexual orientation, just as you didnt choose yours. He has come to this world that way and when you punish him, or beat him, or reject him or admonish him for who he is, you are killing his spirit and your actions will achieve no positive result. There is no verifiable record of any homosexual person who has ever been beaten into changing his sexuality. It is not possible to change a person's sexual orientation. What Nigerian gay people suffer is hostility and intensely bitter homophobia which is borne out of the lack of a basic understanding of this issue by the majority of Nigerians.

The same people who condemn homosexuality quoting religious texts from the Bible and the Quoran, are the ones who will tell us that homosexuality is unAfrican. But they don't remember that even the Bible and the Quoran that they have quoted from, do not themselves originate from Africa. Homosexuality is a part of nature. It is our attitude towards it and our basic ignorance about it, that makes life for the ordinary Nigerian gay person much more difficult than it should be. It never ceases to amaze  me the comments that I hear and read from my fellow countrymen, when in reality homosexuals are all around us. Any of your brothers or sisters could be gay.

We need to grow out of this, because gay people are human too, who are capable loving and giving love to members of their families and their relatives. Many are in normal jobs, in the professions, paying taxes etc,  Many are forced into unhappy heterosexual marriages. This is not what you want for your son. You want your son to be happy, so you should love him, and accept him as he is. It will mean a lot to him because being gay, he will already know what it means to feel rejected and left out.  Your love and your acceptance of him and his lifestyle, will be the best thing that you can ever do for him.

(1) (Reply)

Chris Okotie Verbally Attacks Ex-wife Stephanie During Church Service / Spirituality In Deciding Your Spouse....is This Applicable To Marriage Decision? / Baby Daddy......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.