Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached (18618 Views)

Impeached Ondo Speaker And Deputy Reinstated / PMB And Deputy Prime Minister Of UAE (Hilarious) / Rivers: Tribunal Sacks Speaker And 20 House Of Assembly Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by duni04(m): 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
This actually made front page
I'm truly sorry for Nairaland undecided
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:
Ekiti has been on news with a lot of misconception flying around. The APC speaker and his deputy(APC) have been impeached and rightly so. You do not leave your legislative duty and run to Lagos. Is Ekiti now Lagos ?

Why did they run to their Ikoyi master ? Is it Tinubu that elected them or the good people of Ekiti ?

You don't leave your duty unannounced and expect not to be impeach.

It is only in Nigeria such illegality happen and black people use sentiment to truncate the constitution.

I am in FULL SUPPORT OF THE 7 LAWMAKERS !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeBtRT6Q_hA
bros, how many members are in Ekiti HoA.
Last Bullet
I learnt that only 7 PDP HoA members impeached Ekiti speaker.
Is it constitutional?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
ProfCorruption:
Nigeria's problem has more to do with docile followership than an irresponsible leadership. I am lost for words how a barely educated legislator who is apparently struggling to make a coherent statement is elected in Ekiti. Well, stomach infrastructure! Even more alarming is how someone in his right senses can say " I support how 7 legislators impeached a speaker supported by 18 legislators". The problem with impunity is that it usually starts with our "enemies" before it spreads to "friends". Once he crushes the opposition, sooner than later, Fayose will pounce on PDP members who show any inclination towards independent thinking or disposition. Many are, naively or mischievously cheering him on but I hope sanity prevails.

The issue at the play has nothing to do with speaker abandoning the house. It has more to do with separation of powers. The position of governor is not that of an absolute king. Even in ages past, chiefs in Yorubaland adequately cautioned a rampaging bully of a king, not to talk of a clearly well written procedural steps required to effect leadership change. The truth is you can't,legally and constitutionally, impeach a speaker without having 2/3 of house members supporting you. If Fayose thinks he will have the last laugh, it can only mean one thing: he is not a student of history. He has opened a Pandora box.

I think the Ekiti experience would serve as a lesson to the rest of Yorubaland, and possibly Nigeria as a whole. There is a minimum a well educated fellow, devoid of thuggery tendencies, can't go below. There are some things a Fayemi or Segun Oni won't do because of his background. In Segun Oni's Ekiti, it was 50/50 (13 PDP and 13 ACN legislators) and he never resorted to this level of brazen impunity.

In US, the Democratic-controlled senate passed a comprehensive immigration bill. The Republican-controlled house did not even allow the bill come to vote. This is not even a case of the bill being defeated in the House, it was simply not allowed to be debated. It's not automatic that party A should support party B as the clearly mischievous OP is trying to portray; as if it is evil, bad or uncommon for APC not to be supportive of Fayose administration. Fayose is elected by Ekiti people much same way the honorable members. No mandate is bigger or better than the other. The binding chord, the guiding principle is the constitution. Do you work as specified by the constitution. What is done is to find a middle ground, a give-and-take compromise, and then work to move the state forward. If his mandate is to move Ekiti forward, Fayose should find a way to work with the APC-controlled House. Otherwise, crisis today, litigation tomorrow, shooting a day after will create an atmosphere of siege and in the absence of peace, development becomes a mirage.

How does this relate to the speaker leaving his place of duty to run to Lagos ?

How does Yorubaland relate to this ?

How does running to Lagos relate to what you wrote up there ?

SMH
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 10:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
datolee:
I really wonder what this national disgrace is doing on front page... That Mr. Samuel Ajibola (the second speaker in the video) behaves like a thug really. I have watched his interview on channels tv on Friday and saturday morning... he simply has nothing to say let alone knowing the constitution he was holding in his hands.

We must stop this mathematical fraud of minority impeaching majority... For starters, the so called house that impeached the speaker didn't form a quorum to carry out any duty in the chambers let alone impeaching a speaker.

Secondly, it is the speaker who convey and adjourn sitting (the deputy will, in his absence), He claimed the clark of the house did, the question is, who gave the order to the clark?

Is their any law restricting the movement of the speaker and members of the house? when has that become an impeachable offence?

The real speaker should suspend these thugs and their constituents should start the process of recalling them.... Why can't we play politics in this country without outright lies, impunity and lawlessness??
The politics of lies,propaganda and recklessness was intoduced by obasanjo,Tinubu and APC.How many deputy governors served under Tinubu while his regime lasted? Was he not busy impeaching them? Now he turns around to preach good governance through APC.
It's only a fool that would take him seroius.The obasanjo he accused of destroying Nigeria is the same person he ran to for solution on the way forward for Nigeria.I laugh in swahili.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by duni04(m): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

I don't want to sound tribalistic but that region is loosing it, the type of role models their children are adopting is scary. Please watch the average yoruba movie, everyone wants to be a tout to look cool, they even praise nurtw leaders. Sadly the kids are imbibing this attitude.
Its actually worse in the south east and I'm being factual. Its cos you guys are in the south west and there's a lot of media presence here too, a lot of our dirty linen gets washed in public. There are more motor park touts and hooligans in onitsha and Aba than the entire south west. FACT!

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by emiye(m): 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Listening to the two men speak., Awolowo must be turning in his grave.

What a shame?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
emiye:

Sadly, i agree with you, i am full blooded Yoruba. "Olamide like attitude" will do the young ones no good @ d long run.

The primary and secondary educational sector must be fixed with immediate alacrity.
I hope the leaders do something about it urgently, expecially those yoruba movies, you see their artists speak in agbero lingua and these kids pick these things up easily.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
duni04:

Its actually worse in the south east and I'm being factual. Its cos you guys are in the south west and there's a lot of media presence here too, a lot of our dirty linen gets washed in public. There are more motor park touts and hooligans in onitsha and Aba than the entire south west. FACT!
Really?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by duni04(m): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
Descartes:
Really?
Fact!
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by olapluto(m): 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
very very bad precedence being set everywhere. When the drama gets replayed in future, those who support it now will be hit and hurt most.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 22, 2014
duni04:

You might be right though. Our leaders need to help shape our future, we might just be breeding a whole generation of touts.

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

How does this relate to the speaker leaving his place of duty to run to Lagos ?

How does Yorubaland relate to this ?

How does running to Lagos relate to what you wrote up there ?

SMH

I am not responsible for your inability to comprehend my post. It's meant for people who have sound minds.

5 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2014
duni04:

Fact!
I need proof of your fact or...you know the rest.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
ProfCorruption:

I am not responsible for your inability to comprehend my post. It's meant for people who have sound minds.
You read made a point in that your post though...
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
bros, how many members are in Ekiti HoA.
Last Bullet
I learnt that only 7 PDP HoA members impeached Ekiti speaker.
Is it constitutional?

So why aint the other members there

Where was the speaker ?

Where was the deputy ?

IN LAGOS

IS LAGOS NOW EKITI STATE ?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Descartes:
Really?
More than half of Ebonyi state lawmakers can speak simple and correct English.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by gebest: 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
a day of reconing is coming when all those illegality will be accounted for.
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
It has gotten to the state in Nigeria where minority in the state houses of assembly impeaches the speaker against the majority. Only in Jonathan's administration do we see such lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 10:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
yemibayo:
More than half of Ebonyi state lawmakers can speak simple and correct English.
Any proof?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by cbrass(m): 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Madam do you want me to expose you again ?

Ok let's assume berem is/was paid but this still doesn't justify the show of shame that is been displayed by you and the Godforsaken mod that put this on frontpage

I have this to say to you, always come online with your dignity and conscience (that's is if you have anything left)

THERE IS ALWAYS A PAY BACK TIME FOR ALL OUR DEEDS.

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by aljharem(m): 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Neither am I responsible for your inability to comprehend the purpose of the topic or what the ekiti assembly member was stressing.

He knew there would be people like you that speak/write lengthy post with no counter.

Falana, Soyinka are the same.

Indeed Profcorruption
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by duni04(m): 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
Shebi the case will go to court. We'll see whether the judge won't sack the PDP speaker with immediate effect. The judge should even order the arrest of the PDP speaker and the 7PDP members, including the 3 ghost members, for staging a civilian coup. How on earth will 7 people hold a meeting and select a new speaker for an entire state?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Where was the speaker ?

Where was the deputy ?

IN LAGOS

I think you know the truth but you're just not ready to admit it. Did you bother to read the account of the ORIGINAL speaker on this issue. I know you're doing the job you're paid to do.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by neenar: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
So, mr. alj harem, the resident political analyst, how come only 7 out of 26 lawmakers "removed" him?

Also, considering the fact that Mr. Omirin' s fuel station had earlier been closed down by Fayose, doesn't this seem like a witch-hunt to you?

NB: I'm not interested im your "I am true Yoruba son from Lagos" crap. I need your "in-depth" analysis. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Descartes: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
berem:
It has gotten to the state in Nigeria where minority in the state houses of assembly impeaches the speaker against the majority. Only in Jonathan's administration do we see such lawlessness.
Aunty Berem where were you during Obj reign of impunity or are you trying to feign ignorance with your emotional outburst?

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Where was the speaker ?

Where was the deputy ?

IN LAGOS

Is it constitutional for 7 lawmakers out of 26 to impeach the speaker and his deputy? yes or no?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by idumuose(m): 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
duni04:

Satanic lies have been woven round your entire veins that even if you see the truth,you will be incapable of recognizing it.I have decided to retired from tribalism.Touts in the east are only restricted to motor parks but the same cannot be said of touts alias alaye in the southwest.Let's not go there please.

Even Lie Mohammed knows you are lying through your teeth.gringrin gringrin

1 Like

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by seedorfabbey: 10:53pm On Nov 22, 2014
Rascality in politics of ekiti state is. Allowed because even d Gov himself is. A good exmple of dat . All wat am seeinng is a. Gov impeached! Wink
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by seedorfabbey: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2014
Speakers of 35 states' houses of assembly ‎on Saturday in Abuja
said that they would not recognise Hon. Dele Olugbemi as the Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly.

They spoke under the auspices of the  Conference of Speakers of State Legislatures (CSSL), a forum which encompasses all the speakers of the 36 states of the federation.

The CSSL's chairman  and also Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Hon. Sam Ikon, stated this in Abuja while addressing journalists at an interactive session of Civil Society Organizations and Speakers of State Houses of Assembly on "Constitution Amendment Bills awaiting passage" organized by the Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC).

Ikon said that the group still recognised Dr. Adewale Omirin as the Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly because the mode of his impeachment was illegal and unconstitutional.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
SmartCount:

Why won't the post be senseless, in as much as Obiagelli and Barcanista, et al are not here to put some sense into you, you are free to spew your usual nonsense.

My question is does 7member form a forum to impeacb the speaker according to constitutional provision?
Re: Why Ekiti Speaker And Deputy Were Impeached by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
aljharem:

Where was the speaker ?

Where was the deputy ?

IN LAGOS

Me, am not talking abt the whereabouts of the speaker or his deputy.
My question is: is it possible for minority members to impeach a speaker.
Cos, this was similar to what happened in Rivers State last year.
Last Bullet
Only in Nigeria ll minorities be impeaching speakers.
Only in Nigeria ll 16 be greater than 19 (Last years Govs Forum palava)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Darius Ishaku Arrives Ekiti For Thanskgiving (Photos) / Atiku Can Only Travel To Dubai, We Need A Pres. Who Can Go Anywhere - Oshiomhole / Kwara Governor, Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman Dissolves Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.