Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Fixed Fake Hair - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fixed Fake Hair (4157 Views)

If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! / Nigerian women and fake hair / Fake Hair On Girls: What Do Guys Want? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Hauwa1: 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2008
helping your woman to apply sulphur 8 through the lines is the same as running your hands down her hair. . . grin S8 smells good cheesy

unless the natural silky hair is washed with Panthene, the smell is funny too. . . we are all human beings so chill.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by tiickl3mii(f): 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

that's the problem. You can't run ur fingers through a black woman's natural hair. Well in order to please us they fix their hair . . . not bad in my opinion.

common, ignorant misconception
yes you can wink
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by KarmaMod(f): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2008
tiickl3mii:

common, ignorant misconception
yes you can  wink

stroke, yea. run hands through natural un oiled black hair, no
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Hauwa1: 1:37am On Nov 29, 2008
careful what you stroke through. . . kwarikwata dey undecided
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by savanaha: 1:52am On Nov 29, 2008
WesleyanA:

LMAO grin I bet your black grandpa had fun running his hands through your black grandma's nappy hair back then when perms didn't really exist.
universal my nose
science of touch my neck

I totally disagree with your point of view but I have to say this had me cracking up. I almost fell off the chair.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by savanaha: 1:58am On Nov 29, 2008
Well you can massage black scalp with natural black hair and its very relaxing.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by LRNZH(m): 3:46am On Nov 29, 2008
WesleyanA:

what we are trying to get through your thick skull is that you can't run your fingers through a black girls hair unless she has "fixed" it with a fresh perm (no natural undergrowth etc). so you are contradicting yourself.
on that note, I will advice you to stick with non-Africans.
some people fancy fixed hair, some don't. I personally am biased towards "unfixed" hair. but one man's meat is another man's poison.

I take this as a compliment
''A hard head makes a soft arse'' as they say
Infact I'm tryin' to increase my craniage
LOL
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by WesleyanA(f): 8:40am On Dec 02, 2008
LRNZH:

I take this as a compliment
''A hard head makes a soft arse'' as they say
Infact I'm tryin' to increase my craniage
LOL

haha goodluck with that!  tongue
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by WesleyanA(f): 8:43am On Dec 02, 2008
savanaha:

Well you can massage black scalp with natural black hair and its very relaxing.

yeah. you can also play with it. too many people touch/ play with my hair when I leave it out. apparently, "it's fun to play with" because you can do many things with it. but running fingers through it will be torturous IMO. grin
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Funkky123: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2008
Black pple need to stop critisizing what black pple do.

We get our hair done because we have versatile hair and we can!

I can decide on an Afro today, a straight weave tomorrow n braids the next simply because we can.

Everytime I go to work with a new hairstyle, European girls look at me enviously and say they wish they had versatile hair that they can do things do.

The simple reason we get our hair done is because we can! It's like me asking you y u didnt wear the same shirt u wore yesterday?
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by echelon(m): 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2008
I always like my girl wearing her natural hair. She may braid, perm, cook, fry or whatever, but no artificials please!

We've quarrelled about this before o.  grin
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by tpia: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2008
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by sanoosy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2008
Hi to all black african girls nd women,pls be proud of ursefs for God has blssd u wit other tins dat other races can only dream of - is it d curvy bak side or d well built frame or ur stamina etc.There is such a tin as law of compensation which ensures a balance of gifts so if a black woman doesn't have long straight hair that doesn't make her ugly. As for me using what one have effectively is what i respect nd i find african hairdo's very beautiful nd attractive nd more original than attached hair,nd it tells somtin about d psche of d user. And lets not 4get d enviromental harzards similar to d menace of water proofs (polythene sheets) all over d place,its not a pretty sight.In d Usa such ladies r branded as 'Wannabis' meaning white immitators.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by idcom: 6:37am On Dec 24, 2008
We specialize in providing premium quality full lace human hair wigs at affordable prices. Full Lace Human Hair Wigs are extremely durable, lightweight, and made with 100% Remy Human Hair.

There are many advantages when you choose a full lace Remy wig. The quality and durability are unsurpassed. You won’t be disappointed. Here are a few of the benefits of full lace Remy wigs:

• Remy hair uses the best quality hair: young, healthy hair.
• Processes make it stronger – the cuticles are in place and aligned so that the full lace Remy wigs are tangle-free and strong.
• The full lace feature uses French lace and Swiss lace at the hairline that is attached using adhesive or tape. The lace creates a natural hairline appearance that looks like the hair is growing out of your own scalp.

Just one full lace Remy wigs take over thirty hours to handcraft. It is a valuable asset to woman experiencing medical or hormonal hair loss. These wigs are also the wigs used most often by celebrities and in theater and film. When you choose a full lace Remy wig, you choose wigs that are made from the highest quality hair and expertly crafted to look natural.

Our custom made lfull ace human hair wigs are ideal for girls and women of all ages and backgrounds. Our Wigs are an excellent solution to common hair loss due to genetics, Chemotherapy, Alopecia, or Simply to do what the celebrities do, All Celebrities wear Full Lace Human Hair Wigs. Our full lace human hair wigs are made with the color, length, texture, and density that you desire. We also have many wigs to choose from on our website and at our store. For Incredible Prices.

The invisible Undetectable Full Lace Remy Human Hair Wigs hairline is so incredible that if you don’t tell, no one will ever know!

We also do Wholesale Worldwide. Visit us online at : http://www.impeccablydesigned.com

Or call us At : 1-502-558-2085

http://www.impeccablydesigned.com

Re: Fixed Fake Hair by SeanT21(f): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2008
Funkky123:

Black people need to stop critisizing what black people do.

We get our hair done because we have versatile hair and we can!

I can decide on an Afro today, a straight weave tomorrow n braids the next simply because we can.

Everytime I go to work with a new hairstyle, European girls look at me enviously and say they wish they had versatile hair that they can do things do.

The simple reason we get our hair done is because we can! It's like me asking you y u didnt wear the same shirt u wore yesterday?

SO TRUE!!

We can Put our Hair into any style Possible!!
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by ezeagu(m): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2009
I can now see why black women are angry at black men and why black men are angry at black women

[size=13pt]All of you are confused![/size]

See monkeys

Europe just gets richer. . . . . . ,  . .

(I'm not necessarily talking to those on this thread)
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by savanaha: 3:36am On Jun 02, 2009
*Hauwa*:

careful what you stroke through. . . kwarikwata dey undecided
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by chi21: 7:37pm On Jul 08, 2010
I have been to european most of them have fake hair, most of them change there hair color just to be in that country and to get black men to like the or full in love with them. As for me i love my african hair that my mama born me with.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2010
I hate fake hair as well. If I was ruler of the world, I'd ban it lol. I've never worn fake hair in my life and I never will. If people take care of their hair it can grow to beautiful lengths. My own is long and healthy thanks to patience and giving it what it needs.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Analissa(f): 11:15pm On Jul 16, 2010
see this is wat really annoys me, you're there saying we should leave our hair natural but that is easier said than done, have you ever had a full head of afro? my hair is the most coarse, stubborn type of black hair you can get. Peope merely touching it hurts not to talk of dragging a comb or brush through it. every so often that i do my hair my head feels like its on fire but that is more preferable to the option of brushing it everyday. For me its either weaves and braids or dreadlocks and i think you can imagine how attractive that would be. And before anyone suggests perm i'd rather shave my hair off than kill it with unhealthy chemicals. so before you start talking, think beyond what YOU want and think about HER.

ogugua88:

If I was ruler of the world, I'd ban it lol.

how appalingly self centred of you afterall your hair is a good texture so everyone else's must be.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 17, 2010
Am I self-centered? If you have a problem confining yourself to weaves and braids, don't blame it on my hair texture. There are plenty of natural haircare videos on youtube; probably just as many as there are for relaxed heads.

First of all, any hair texture is a good hair texture. There's no such thing as bad hair. You have to make your hair work for you in order for it to flourish. I refuse to masquerade myself with wigs and weaves. There's nothing wrong with a woman suffering from permanent baldness, alopecia, or hairloss from chemotherapy to the point where she needs to use a weave or wig. Absolutely nothing wrong with that; if they choose to do so, then I'll support them 100%

HOWEVER, a lot of the women I see wear it without knowing their own hair, and therefore damage their hair. I am lucky to have had a (Nigerian) mother who knew how to care for my hair. She simply passed on what she knew to me. I also credit www.longhaircareforum.com for having healthy hair. There is such a thing as being a black/Nigerian/African woman and having long or healthy hair. I was going natural as well, and I didn't like it. It hurt to put a comb to my hair. Detangling would take hours due to matting and horrible tangling. My hair was breaking and as a result, went back to doing what worked for me. My hair is relaxed and "not killed" by the relaxers. If you know how to properly balance your hair with pH levels, moisture, and protein, there shouldn't be anything holding you back.

I can show you pictures of my hair before I relaxed it again last month if you like. I couldn't do anything with it.

I'm 100% Nigerian. My hair is 100% Nigerian; course and stubborn as well. I have learned how to care for my hair and keep it healthy. No crime in being proud of what God gave me to work with.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Analissa(f): 1:45am On Jul 17, 2010
I don't think you read what i wrote cos first of all the only part that was directed at you was the end and at no point am i blaming anything on anyone. Natural haircare videos only show you how to make your hair healthy and long as mine is both i don't need them ditto for the hair forum. This has nothing to do with the lenght and health of hair, my point is that women using weaves isn't necessarily entirely superficial and the poster should consider the reason for the choice.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by honeric01(m): 2:09am On Jul 17, 2010
ogugua88:

Am I self-centered? If you have a problem confining yourself to weaves and braids, don't blame it on my hair texture. There are plenty of natural haircare videos on youtube; probably just as many as there are for relaxed heads.

First of all, any hair texture is a good hair texture. There's no such thing as bad hair. You have to make your hair work for you in order for it to flourish. I refuse to masquerade myself with wigs and weaves. There's nothing wrong with a woman suffering from permanent baldness, alopecia, or hairloss from chemotherapy to the point where she needs to use a weave or wig. Absolutely nothing wrong with that; if they choose to do so, then I'll support them 100%

HOWEVER, a lot of the women I see wear it without knowing their own hair, and therefore damage their hair. I am lucky to have had a (Nigerian) mother who knew how to care for my hair. She simply passed on what she knew to me. I also credit www.longhaircareforum.com for having healthy hair. There is such a thing as being a black/Nigerian/African woman and having long or healthy hair. I was going natural as well, and I didn't like it. It hurt to put a comb to my hair. Detangling would take hours due to matting and horrible tangling. My hair was breaking and as a result, went back to doing what worked for me. My hair is relaxed and "not killed" by the relaxers. If you know how to properly balance your hair with pH levels, moisture, and protein, there shouldn't be anything holding you back.

I can show you pictures of my hair before I relaxed it again last month if you like. I couldn't do anything with it.

I'm 100% Nigerian. My hair is 100% Nigerian; course and stubborn as well. I have learned how to care for my hair and keep it healthy. No crime in being proud of what God gave me to work with.

May God bless you.

There is this thread that some Nigerian girls actually posted alot of their hair pics looking very natural and long, Laziness is one thing, impatient is another, Nigerian (both male and female) like fast things, no body wants to wait, they don't believe things can work in a normal way even when you try to explain to them, My mom was a hairdresser for more than 30yrs and she had her Natural hair on, she had to always cover up the hair because she feared she might lose customers should they see her shiny natural hair (long and full). lol

There was a night she woke up and was sitting on her bed in the dark, that night i happened to be sleeping in her room, i woke up and saw a dark creature with long hair, i was so afraid, i thought i saw a mermaid, when i work up the next day, i wanted to have her kind of hair even though i am male, she even told me i could have long natural hair even as a man if i want but wouldn't advise me competing with women.

All the same, you can have long natural hair if you want one, stop chasing after chemicals and horse hair grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by sophienwa(f): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2010
i actually find this thread and some of the comments very funny. i think we are forgetting the most important thing here which is that it is YOUR hair and you can do WHATEVER u want to do with it without having to defend yourself ; and this is coming from someone with naturaln hair.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by honeric01(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2010
sophienwa:

i actually find this thread and some of the comments very funny. i think we are forgetting the most important thing here which is that it is YOUR hair and you can do WHATEVER u want to do with it without having to defend yourself ; and this is coming from someone with naturaln hair.

Yes by feeling so inferior to the white hair, thereby trying to copy the whitey (buying of extensions and attachments)with long hair just because they want to look like them or because they believe their hair can't be long and soft just because they grew up hearing their hair can't be soft.
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by topup: 3:02am On Jul 18, 2010
My general opinion is literally to each their own.

Many men will come here professing that they don't like weaves or extensions, only to be dating the girl with the 'longest' hair, or the fullest hair. I do think deep down inside everyone wants to be trendy, not necessarily white, because even white people dye their hair, to get more european or asian browns and honey colours, or even scandinavian colours AND believe it or not, many use extensions too - practically ALL the Hollywood starlets use extensions, and even some men get hair transplants.

I guess, no one is ever happy with what God gave them.

My only problem with hair extensions, is that ok, I understand women have been wearing wigs worldwide for centuries (even asians), BUT not to the point where it was causing serious problems.

Wear a weave, wear a wig, wear glue extensions, fry your hair whatever, but at least take care of what God gave you.

It isn't true that you can't run your hands through afro hair, I didn't use to be able to run my fingers through my hair because I didn't know how to take care of it, but now I condition it and twist it, there are BARELY any kinks, which gives me less reason to want to relax/perm my hair.

I don't understand how my friends do what they do, most of them are balding if not already bald at the sides, yet they continue. I think it's as bad as those who wear too much makeup despite being sensitive to acne, if they just took care of their natural skin, went through the spotty phase, they would have beautiful healthy skin, just like hair, why let it break, why let the tight trendy braids and glue rip out your hair??

I don't understand why women do this. I used to never condition my hair and it used to break, as soon as I found my techniques, I took off my weaves, my hair is not in the healthiest condition so I refuse to relax it, people look at me as if 'why' am I doing this to myself.

>>>

I do sigh though, next to all my girlfriends with their 20 inch 'gorgeous' long 'feminine' extended manes, I feel just so simple, I find myself having to adorn myself more with makeup and jewellery, I need to find an in between.

For now, if I want a straight and sleek look, I will continue to straighten with a hot comb or straighteners, but NEVER relaxer.

Now, I'm just trying to grow my hair full and long - it's working!! smiley
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by zebra543: 11:12am On Jul 18, 2010
poster has an identity crisis- not all women fix weaves and not all white women have long hair! you obviously have some sort of fetish you cant blame black women for not conforming to it! Its actually fascinating that blck women can wear different looks- its not fun to look the same everyday, probably why you got tired of running your fingers through the white womans head! yoU go find you a woman that rocks dreads and stop babbling here!
Re: Fixed Fake Hair by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
topup:

My general opinion is literally to each their own.

Many men will come here professing that they don't like weaves or extensions, only to be dating the girl with the 'longest' hair, or the fullest hair. I do think deep down inside everyone wants to be trendy, not necessarily white, because even white people dye their hair, to get more european or asian browns and honey colours, or even scandinavian colours AND believe it or not, many use extensions too - practically ALL the Hollywood starlets use extensions, and even some men get hair transplants.

I guess, no one is ever happy with what God gave them.

My only problem with hair extensions, is that ok, I understand women have been wearing wigs worldwide for centuries (even asians), BUT not to the point where it was causing serious problems.

Wear a weave, wear a wig, wear glue extensions, fry your hair whatever, but at least take care of what God gave you.

It isn't true that you can't run your hands through afro hair, I didn't use to be able to run my fingers through my hair because I didn't know how to take care of it, but now I condition it and twist it, there are BARELY any kinks, which gives me less reason to want to relax/perm my hair.

I don't understand how my friends do what they do, most of them are balding if not already bald at the sides, yet they continue. I think it's as bad as those who wear too much makeup despite being sensitive to acne, if they just took care of their natural skin, went through the spotty phase, they would have beautiful healthy skin, just like hair, why let it break, why let the tight trendy braids and glue rip out your hair??

I don't understand why women do this. I used to never condition my hair and it used to break, as soon as I found my techniques, I took off my weaves, my hair is not in the healthiest condition so I refuse to relax it, people look at me as if 'why' am I doing this to myself.

>>>

I do sigh though, next to all my girlfriends with their 20 inch 'gorgeous' long 'feminine' extended manes, I feel just so simple, I find myself having to adorn myself more with makeup and jewellery, I need to find an in between.

For now, if I want a straight and sleek look, I will continue to straighten with a hot comb or straighteners, but NEVER relaxer.

Now, I'm just trying to grow my hair full and long - it's working!! smiley

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Understanding your hair is key. Good for you wink

I'd recommend Chris Rock's documentary "Good Hair". It's not the greatest documentary, but it's good enough lol. The weave industry na wa o. Everyone's chasing after Malaysian and Indian hair, the "good hair". If we Africans don't rock our own hair, who will?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson On The Cover Of Complete Fashion Magazine / Nokia Face of Africa 2005 Competition (on M-NET) / Cures For A Shopaholic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.