Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,090 members, 7,849,412 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan (835 Views)

Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? / What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by personal59: 2:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday expressed confidence in the ability of youth in the country to contribute to national development, if given the necessary encouragement.

Mr. Jonathan stated this in his goodwill message to the sixth convocation of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, Abia.

Congratulating the graduates for their “remarkable achievement,” Mr. Jonathan said, “I have hope in the Nigerian youth.”

“I believe that with proper parental, communal and governmental support, our youths will not only excel academically but will also flourish in their chosen professions,” he said.

The president, represented by the Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Education, MacJohn Nwaobiala, charged universities in the country to efficiently deploy National Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy, NEEDS, funds to infrastructure needs.

He expressed happiness that public universities in the country were “much better now” following recent financial releases made to them in line with their NEEDS assessments.

“As we work to sustain this approach, it is my hope that most tertiary institutions will be able to develop infrastructurally, and also improve on their academic service delivery,” he said.

The president commended the governing council and management of the institution for transforming it “within the context of enhanced government support to the education sector”.

“They could not have been achieved without prudent management of resources,” he said.

He also expressed delight with the university authorities for constructing 10 hostel blocks of 500-bed space capacity with internally generated revenue, describing the achievement as “a rare feat.”

In his speech, the Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji, called for the diversification of the nation’s economy.

Mr. Orji, who was represented by his deputy, Emeka Ananaba, said Nigeria should look beyond oil and immediately commence the harnessing of its agricultural potential in order to save the economy from collapse.

He said that the essence of establishing universities of agriculture in the country was to produce needed manpower for the development of the agricultural sector.

He said that the state government had enunciated major policies and programmes to boost agricultural production and ensure food security.

Earlier, the Vice Chancellor of the university, Hilary Edeoga, thanked the Federal Government for releasing N2.7 billion to the school for the tackling of its “teething problems’’.

Mr. Edeoga said that the institution also received N500 million to facilitate the payment of allowances to its staff.

He, however, appealed to the government to approve the payment of the balance of the NEEDS Assessment fund and the allowance to the university.

A total of 17 graduands, out of the 1878, graduated in the First Class division.

(NAN)
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/171749-hope-nigerian-youth-jonathan.html

Thousands of young Nigerians jostled for 11 job positions in UNTH Enugu, South East Nigeria

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by smsshola(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
Its an ironic statement cos I doubt how many Nigeria youth have hope in Jona govt;hw many youth av bn gainfully employed in ds regime?Is it d over 6million youths dt applied fo immigration job but met dr death?Still so far nothing has bn done concerning d job issue and the family of the deceased ar yet to b compensated....which youth pls?Is d youth dt he didn't giv a damn about telling them how much he worth?K oooooo

2 Likes

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by Ofunaofu: 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
sorry mr jonathan because majority of nigerian youth have lost hope in you.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by macpetrus(m): 3:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
Be positive, that's the least you can do if you don't believe Nigeria is getting better. #NoGoingBack.
Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by Olaolufred(m): 3:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
[size=18pt] LIKE THOSE KILLED IN IMMIGRATION APTITUDE TEST.
LIKE 200 CHIBOK GIRLS.
IMMIGRATION TEST QUOTE BY GOOFLOCK SAYS,
DONATE A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY FOR JOB RITUAL, AND FG WILL GIVE YOU 2 JOB SLOT.
THE 2 SLOTS IS A LIE FROM A DECIETFUL PRESIDENT.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 4:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
Gej doesn't show any love to this country only for him to show conflict to youth of different tribes today no jobs,no education for our youth d generation leaders our youth are not thinking d way they ought to be thinking it's very bad this is unfair from d president imaging graduating since 4-5 years ago with providing jobs for them only for them to go to schl and acquired knowledge on their own no provision for them no scholarship again that's not what happen when he was young in his youthful stage .Good luck is d worst president we av ever seen in this he's worst than obj .Good luck is selfish in his assignment so so selfish man he will loose convincely to d people's general GMB because we are sick and tired of Gej government. d youth he said he love will be d ones that will vote him out in Feb 14 2015 Presidential election Cos' he has failed us.
Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by youngeagle(m): 4:42pm On Nov 23, 2014
smsshola:
Its an ironic statement cos I doubt how many Nigeria youth have hope in Jona govt;hw many youth av bn gainfully employed in ds regime?Is it d over 6million youths dt applied fo immigration job but met dr death?Still so far nothing has bn done concerning d job issue and the family of the deceased ar yet to b compensated....which youth pls?Is d youth dt he didn't giv a damn about telling them how much he worth?K oooooo
ist only in jonathan administration youths die because of job,bro it has happened over and over again,is poor planning by the organisers,you people just hate with no reason,loose jonathan and go back to status quo.
Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by ogbronx(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Mr incompetency sir! which group of youths do you have hope on? The sincere, hardworking and educated one or those whom you know would steal ballot boxes for you, engage in violence to you political profit or those here on nairaland that you have employed to insult sane pple?

1 Like

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
Action Not Words

1 Like

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by juman(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
barcanista:
Action Not Words

Abi, he coulld not generate up to 1K mega watt in 5 years.

A nonsense president.

1 Like

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by egift(m): 5:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
Failed Scheme. Try something else. All the unemployed youths Jonathan and his minister scam are yet to get a job.

1 Like

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
juman:

Abi, he coulld not generate up to 1K mega watt in 5 years.

A nonsense president.
a very "funny" Presido
Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by banki(m): 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
youngeagle:
ist only in jonathan administration youths die because of job,bro it has happened over and over again,is poor planning by the organisers,you people just hate with no reason,loose jonathan and go back to status quo.

So because it has happened with GEj administration we should let it continue....

What do you mean bad organisers, was it during IBB Abacha obasanjo yaradua shonekan or whose administration did someone collect 1000 from over800000 people promising them jobs.....

What status quo are you talking about....

He didn't even sack the minister or the immigration office boss, what does it take to write a test, when you approve a test to be written in a stadium did you provide tables,or writing materials... couldn't they ask JAMB how they organise exams for millions of Nigerians yearly....

IT HAS NEVER BEEN THIS BAD.... this government no try

1 Like

Re: I Have Hope In Nigerian Youth - Goodluck Jonathan by CharliParker: 5:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
Sorry mr president,it is only those that want to meet their early graves that will support U

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Primaries: The Odds Against Buhari / How Gov. Chime And His Faction In Pdp Were Humbled / Desmond Elliot Wins APC Primary Ticket To Contest For Lagos House Of Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.