Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? (10669 Views)

Don't Lose Hope In Nigeria, Buhari Tells Youths.. / One Year After -buhari-done Enough To Inspire Hope ..... Femi Adesina / Mbaka's Prophesy That Will Restore Your Hope In Buhari's Administration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dear Nigerians,
I need at least a great heart who can inspire Hope in me again for Nigeria.

Someone should convince me with great reasons on why I should be a Nigerian.

For all I know, Nigeria is an estate of slave traders. Our founding father Mr. Laggard was a hardened criminal whose cruelty and inhuman treatment of out fathers, stinks.

He forcefully, took our lands and our rights, and then created a nation for us.

Nigeria. is a jungle!

This is a nation where innocent people will be sleeping in their homes at night, and a group of their fellow citizens will attack them, kill them, many them and burn their houses.

If any of them complains, they are told, it's ONE Nigeria!
One Nigeria at whose expense?

Who can inspire me?

Bring it on.

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Trapnews: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
undecided
Get small sense now! Everybody is a victim here. You guys sound as if some tribes are enjoying. Igbos hate Yorubas for betrayal, whereas there was no document confirming Awolowo convinced Gowon not to honour Aburi treaty. Yorubas hate Igbos for flimsy false accusation. Hausas hate Igbos for religious reason. We all carry the quarrel of our forefathers for head like gala. Nigerians should not be used. Person wey die for this senseless struggle die for nothing!

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by 1United1: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mynd44 enforce Rule 9 here.

9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting Biafra.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
1United1:
Mynd44 enforce Rule 9 here.

You cannot inspire the hope I need.
I am not discussing Biafra here bro. I am discussing Nigeria.

Can you inspire me?
Why are you guys scared of common Discussions?

It's a shame.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
nairalandstinks:

Go to www.biafratown.com thank me later

I want to rub minds with the great minds of Nigeria.

I want them to convince with great reasons on why I should have hope for Nigeria.

I want those with practicable solutions to the numerous problems facing Nigeria to bring it on.

I want someone to inspire me.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:
Dear Nigerians,

For all I know, Nigeria is an estate of slave traders. Our founding father Mr. Laggard was a hardened criminal whose cruelty and inhuman treatment of out fathers, stinks.

Nigeria. is a jungle!

This is a nation where innocent people will be sleeping in their homes at night, and a group of their fellow citizens will attack them, kill them, many them and burn their houses.

Who can inspire me?

Bring it on.

There is something sinister and ungodly about the person and name of Lugard. One of the ten houses in my secondary school was named after Lugard and the house comes last in alsmost everything, sanitation, inter house sports and most of the people that comes last in most classes were from Lugard house.
Also, no national monument named after him has endured the test time, not even one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 7:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

I want them to convince with great reasons on why I should have hope for Nigeria.

I want those with practicable solutions to the numerous problems facing Nigeria to bring it on.

Never let your dreams die, Joseph dreamed another dream even when his 'brothers' threatened to eliminate him and his first dream.

The Nigerian dream will still come to pass, am sure of that, let's not give up because of the temporary set back of a few Hausa-Fulani oligarch.
We missed the chance of re-negotiating and setting Nigeria straight at the Gideeon Orkar coup(shared similarities with the Rawlings revolution in Ghana)>
As for me, i still keep hope alive.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Never let your dreams die, Joseph dreamed another dream even when his 'brothers' threatened to eliminate him and his first dream.

The Nigerian dream will still come to pass, am sure of that, let's not give up because of the temporary set back of a few Haus-Fulani oligarch.
As for, i still keep hope alive.

Thanks bro.

You are the first to sound reasonable here
please pardon me.

Now, what is the Nigerian Dream?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Trapnews:
undecided
Get small sense now! Everybody is a victim here. You guys sound as if some tribes are enjoying. Igbos hate Yorubas for betrayal, whereas there was no document confirming Awolowo convinced Gowon not to honour Aburi treaty. Yorubas hate Igbos for flimsy false accusation. Hausas hate Igbos for religious reason. We all carry the quarrel of our forefathers for head like gala. Nigerians should not be used. Person wey die for this senseless struggle die for nothing!

Is this your way I get inspiration?
What quarrel are talking About?

Bro, I see gloom whenever I look at Nigeria.
Now. can you inspire Me?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

Thanks bro.

You are the first to sound reasonable here
please pardon me.

Now, what I'd the Nigerian Dream?

That one day, we will have a Nigeria led a president in his 40's or 50's who is a Harvard or UNN first class graduate with dynamics idea and 21st century pragmatic approach to leadership. (An Ibe Kachikwu, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

A Nigeria where the group of army officers that fought the civil war and retired will stop passing this country around as private property.(E.g OBJ, IBB, Buhari, Danjuma etc.)

A Nigeria were merit is accorded the first place in all sectors, politics, academics, civil service ect. and quota system alongside federal character is buried.

A Nigeria were 21st century advances technologies are deployed to PREVENT corruption at all sectors and not trying to punish people after the deed has been done.(e.g present JAMB exam system).

A Nigeria were true federalism is practiced both fiscally and politically. Let Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Delta states earn their income and spend on themselves and not generating income to be shared among other.

More will still come

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Lanretoye(m): 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:
Dear Nigerians,

Nigeria. is a jungle!

Who can inspire me?

Bring it on.
How much are you going to pay?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by FastShipping: 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:
Dear Nigerians,

Nigeria. is a jungle!

Who can inspire me?

Bring it on.

Did you just realize this after Jonathan lost an election?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Dedetwo(m): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
There is nothing to inspire anybody in the zoo called Nigeria. The three most basic things to instigate progress in Nigeria are lacking anemically. Most Nigerians are wrongly loudmouthed, tribally idiotic and dishonestly faulty. Even the only one thing going for them, which is culture, has been relegated.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

That one day, we will have a Nigeria led a president in his 40's or 50's who is a Harvard or UNN first class graduate with dynamics idea and 21st century pragmatic approach to leadership. (An Ibe Kachikwu, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

A Nigeria where the group of army officers that fought the civil war and retired will stop passing this country around as private property.(E.g OBJ, IBB, Buhari, Danjuma etc.)

A Nigeria were merit is accorded the first place in all sectors, politics, academics, civil service ect. and quota system alongside federal character is buried.

A Nigeria were 21st century advances technologies are deployed to PREVENT corruption at all sectors and not trying to punish people after the deed has been done.(e.g present JAMB exam system).

A Nigeria were true federalism is practiced both fiscally and politically. Let Lagos, Rivers, Enugu, Delta states earn their income and spend on themselves and not generating income to be shared among other.

More will still come

Great dream, but please how do we get there?

Some of our children are taught from childhood that some of their fellow citizens are infidels who deserve to be killed.

Some of them believe the laws of their religion supersedes the laws of the state.

Today, we have a state within a state

our values are different. our philosophies, dreams and aspirations are miles are part.

some of our differences are irreconcilable. They are at 180 degrees.

How can two work together except they agree?

You are talking about Hazard, but they prefer to send their children to Sudan.

How can you change their Philosophy?

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
FastShipping:

Did you just realize this after Jonathan lost an election?
grin grin grin
we will have one nigeria in nollywood movies. that i'm sure of.
mind you, i hated jonathan and still hate pdp.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
FastShipping:

Did you just realize this after Jonathan lost an election? grin grin grin

Not at all bro
next year, I will be 10 years on nairaland.
You can check my history.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
FastShipping:

Did you just realize this after Jonathan lost an election? grin grin grin

Not at all bro
next year, I will be 10 years on nairaland.
You can check my history.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

Inspire yourself.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:
Inspire yourself.
If I can, I won't be asking for another.
Right now my inspiration is an alternative to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lanretoye:
How much ate you going to pay?
It's official, Nigeria has no Patriots.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

The only alternative to Nigeria is Nigeria, but a Nigeria that is a genuine REPUBLIC. By that i mean a Nigeria that is decentralized, where every zone or people group is allowed to be itself and express itself while constituting part of the federation. Self expressing, self determining zones with only the federal controlling armed forces and diplomatic missions. Case study is United Arab Emirates.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

More will still come
What about a Nigeria where tribalism and its brother Religious madness will be no more. How can we achieve that?
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

"Cease to dwell pessimistically upon the wrongs around you; dwell no more in complaints about, and revolt against, the evil in others, and commence to live free from all wrong and evil yourself." - James Allen
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by luvinhubby(m): 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
What about a Nigeria where tribalism and its brother Religious madness will be no more. How can we achieve that?

Look up above you.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
I've sat down to think about this over and over again and I've come to the realization that the closest solution is the model of Europe.

I honestly don't think we can ever know true peace in this country. I've thought it over and over. We are too heterogeneous. I'm still looking for a peaceful country with our percentage of Christians and Muslims.

But then any attempt to copy the European model will lead to loss of lives and interests will not let it happen. We don't just love each other. We are way too different.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

Look up above you.
You mean James Allen? The question is how. The British really created a lot of problems for the world but its not time for any blame game.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
MalcoImX:

"Cease to dwell pessimistically upon the wrongs around you; dwell no more in complaints about, and revolt against, the evil in others, and commence to live free from all wrong and evil yourself." - James Allen

The revolt is on.
We want to live free.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MXrep: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

There is something sinister and ungodly about the person and name of Lugard. One of the ten houses in my secondary school was named after Lugard and the house comes last in alsmost everything, sanitation, inter house sports and most of the people that comes last in most classes were from Lugard house.
Also, no national monument named after him has endured the test time, not even one.
Not forgetting the shitty Kogi state whose govt house is called Lugard House

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
luvinhubby:

The only alternative to Nigeria is Nigeria, but a Nigeria that is a genuine REPUBLIC. By that i mean a Nigeria that is decentralized, where every zone or people group is allowed to be itself and express itself while constituting part of the federation. Self expressing, self determining zones with only the federal controlling armed forces and diplomatic missions. Case study is United Arab Emirates.

Our forefathers lived before Nigeria. We can live without Nigeria.

Saying the only alternative to Nigeria is Nigeria sounds like slavery.

Indeginuos people have right to self determination, we have an alternative out side Nigeria.

Now, a National conference was held that should assist to usher in your decentralisation.
Now, the North has rejected it.

Bros, I am not discussing "what should be", I am discussing realities. ,

1 Like

Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
Reyginus:
I've sat down to think about this over and over again and I've come to the realization that the closest solution is the model of Europe.

I honestly don't think we can ever know true peace in this country. I've thought it over and over. We are too heterogeneous. I'm still looking for a peaceful country with our percentage of Christians and Muslims.

But then any attempt to copy the European model will lead to loss of lives and interests will not let it happen. We don't just love each other. We are way too different.

And instead of our great Patriots to give solutions on how to solve this problems, they threaten us.
Re: Who Else Can Inspire Hope In Me For Nigeria? by MalcoImX: 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
noblezone:

The revolt is on.
We want to live free.
Nobody is chaining you. You chained yourself. Viktor E. Frankl , in Man's Search for Meaning, talked about "the last of the human freedoms," that's if you believe somebody will ever hold you down. He was free even in Nazi concentration camp. But you've got to "choose" and "change" your response, not urging us to change you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Would You Rate The Nigerian Power Sector This Year? / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2018) / Seyi Makinde Is Clearly Leading In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.