Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,189 members, 7,839,042 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

My Car Fuel Is Dropping From The Engine. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Fuel Is Dropping From The Engine. (638 Views)

Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / My Car Won't Start When The Engine Is Cold, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Car Fuel Is Dropping From The Engine. by Emmysteve(m): 5:02pm On Nov 23, 2014
Please i just realize that my fuel is seriously dropping down from the engine. My Mechanic recently fixed something from the engine. I don't know what may be the cause. Immediately i start the car, the fuel starting dropping. I don't know much about cars. Help pls
Re: My Car Fuel Is Dropping From The Engine. by AutosBay(m): 5:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
A likely explanation for the leak is that your fuel-line either became disconnected or has a hole in it.

If the line is disconnected, reconnect it. You'll need a set of flare-nut wrenches (available at most automotive stores or at a hardware store). Using a set of normal wrenches can break the line completely.

If the line has a hole in it you'll need to replace the lines. Go to your local auto-parts store and tell them you need new fuel lines for your vehicle. Then you just need to take the old ones off and put the new ones on. You'll need a set of flare-nut wrenches to accomplish this.
Re: My Car Fuel Is Dropping From The Engine. by Emmysteve(m): 5:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
AutosBay:
A likely explanation for the leak is that your fuel-line either became disconnected or has a hole in it.

If the line is disconnected, reconnect it. You'll need a set of flare-nut wrenches (available at most automotive stores or at a hardware store). Using a set of normal wrenches can break the line completely.

If the line has a hole in it you'll need to replace the lines. Go to your local auto-parts store and tell them you need new fuel lines for your vehicle. Then you just need to take the old ones off and put the new ones on. You'll need a set of flare-nut wrenches to accomplish this.
God bless you for the prompt response. I feel relaxed now. I think its disconnected because i can visibly see the exact spot the fuel is dropping. Thanks much

(1) (Reply)

Car Gurus Pls Help!!! / To All 2003 Honda Accord Gurus And Users In Port Harcourt / Cause Of Overheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.