Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,487 members, 7,836,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom (2163 Views)

Emmanuel Ibe-Kachikwu: 12 Things You Didn't Know About New NNPC GMD-Theyesng.com / 15 Facts About New INEC Boss, Amina Zakari-vanguard News / New 100 Note Is Not Acceptable In Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by olayitoyiwonuola(m): 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
MURIC demands explanation for Jewish symbol on new N100 note
The Federal Government (FG) on November 12, 2014 unveiled the new design for the N100 commemorative centenary banknote which will be officially issued on December 19.

Credit: Lekan Adetayo

However, the office of the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has been inundated with calls for action on the Jewish symbol on the new one hundred naira note slated for flag-off in December. Nigerian Muslims are complaining that the Arabic writing in Hausa language (the Ajami script) that read ‘Naira Dari’ (i.e. one hundred naira) on the N100 note has been removed and replaced with the Jewish symbol, the Star of David.

As a faith-based human rights organization which believes in the dialogue option, MURIC is duty bound to articulate the demands of Nigerian Muslims particularly on matters which have to do with imbalance in governments’ (Federal or state) treatment of the adherents of the different religions.
MURIC recalls that Arabic inscriptions which have always been on Nigerian currency since independence were unceremoniously removed in 2005 from N5, N10, N20 and N50 denominations. They remained on N100, N200, N500 and N1,000 denominations.

Nigerian Muslims regard the latest action, namely, the supplanting of Arabic with Jewish symbol from the new N100 as a continuation of the campaign of elimination by substitution against Arabic language and, by implication, against Nigerian Muslims. It is well known that a large section of the Nigerian population use the Arabic Ajami and removing it from the new note will deprive millions of users of the Arabic Ajami of the ability to recognize, identify and use the new currency.

Furthermore, putting the Jewish symbol on the new N100 falls short of international standard as currencies worldwide are designed to suit each nation’s culture and history. Where does the Jewish symbol fit in? Which Nigerian community speaks the Jewish language? The insertion of the Jewish symbol is therefore clannish and parochial. It is tainted with undisguised religious fanaticism.

There is nothing wrong for our president to like Israel as a nation but it is another thing entirely to openly and brazenly promote Zionism at the highest office in this country when we are still struggling with the last vestiges of colonialism. Nigerian Muslims are becoming increasingly suspicious and very uncomfortable with the actions and inactions of President Jonathan.
Firstly, in spite of the preponderance of Muslims in the South West, he appointed no single Muslim as minister in the whole region for almost four years. Secondly, he marginalized Muslims in the deliberations which took place in the National Conference by appointing a meager 189 Muslims as against 303 Christians. What kind of leader pursues such gross imbalance in his policies by giving a higher number of delegates to a minority group? How can deliberations of such a conference receive popular acceptance? Thirdly, Mr. President saturated the security system in Aso Rock with Israeli security operatives, a nation well known for its animosity towards Muslims. The supplanting of Arabic language with Jewish symbol is the fourth among Jonathan’s anti-Muslim policies.

The above are daring, divisive, reckless and highly provocative steps. They get Nigerians wondering where President Jonathan is taking this country. But if once is happenstance, if twice is a coincidence and if the third time is enemy action, what do we call the fourth time? We are sick and tired of our president’s hatred for us. He openly confronts Muslims and goads us to challenge him.

But we will not be provoked. Neither shall we be intimidated by executive maladministration. As apostles of dialogue and advocates of peaceful coexistence, as tax-payers, voters and citizens of this country, we hereby ask President Jonathan to explain the Jewish symbol on Nigeria’s money.

We also demand to know why the presidency could not employ security experts from neutral countries like Britain or France instead of Israel which is a sworn enemy of Muslims. Mr. President may also deem it fit to tell us if there is no correlation between the Israeli security experts in Aso Rock, the Israeli caught with Nigeria’s N9.3m arms money in South Africa and the Jewish symbol on the new N100 note.
Mr. President sir, are you not gradually selling Nigeria to Israel? And are you sure this will not attract the wrath of Israel’s enemies to our dear country? Can this also be partly responsible for the viciousness of the Boko Haram phenomenon?

MURIC appeals to Muslims nationwide to await President Jonathan’s response to the above questions and to remain calm and law abiding. Islam teaches tolerance (Qur’an 3:134) and obedience to constituted authority (Qur’an 4:59).

We must also eschew violence as stipulated in Qur’an 2:190. Instead of using illegal and unconstitutional means, we charge Muslims to explore every opportunity offered by the Nigerian constitution and the Nigerian democratic process to protest against Jonathan’s oppression of Nigerian Muslims. Tyrants can be taught lessons of their lives in times of elections.

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

1 Like

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Trailblazer1(m): 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
What about shekau's stand
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 24, 2014
Smh,walahi una wahala tire me..no recognise am na..mtcheww
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by ycmdng(m): 12:08am On Nov 24, 2014
Prof Ishaq should remember that Igbos are Jewish decent and Abacha uses Israelis as security operative. If the so-called ajami script represented so peoples opinion then the star of David too does (My thought).
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by adebisiema(m): 12:17am On Nov 24, 2014
I----oooO---
----(----)----!
-----\--(--
------\_) WAS
-----------Oooo
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - HERE
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Horus(m): 12:46am On Nov 24, 2014
[img]http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/president-jonathan-in-israel-4.jpg[/img]

Goodluck Jonathan converted to Judaism or Zionism?

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Horus(m): 12:54am On Nov 24, 2014
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Caseless: 1:00am On Nov 24, 2014
ycmdng:
Prof Ishaq should remember that Igbos are Jewish decent and Abacha uses Israelis as security operative. If the so-called ajami script represented so peoples opinion then the star of David too does (My thought).
igbos are jewish 'descent' ? Laff wan kill me. U dare not go near any isreali border forming any ancestral link cos u'l be treated like a palestinian.
What a joke!

5 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Seaen(m): 1:02am On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm. What a formidable country we would have been if only our diversity unites us and there is actually a 'Nigerian dream' where the national interest comes before anything else.
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Caseless: 1:02am On Nov 24, 2014
Gej is a religious bigot and, nigerians dont deserve such leaders.
He's a coward at that...

6 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by IGBOSON1: 1:04am On Nov 24, 2014
It's all this mundane trifling nonsense that gets me sick and tired of this country! Instead of them to worry about serious stuff like science and technology, sports, entertainment, tourism, etc; (stuff that can lift their region in particular, and Nigeria in general out of poverty)......instead of them to worry about these, they busy arguing over complete irrelevant nansense!!! sad

3 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by JEITO: 1:15am On Nov 24, 2014
This guy is just angry over something we all know, because that is certainly not the star of david.

Anyway sha, if he doesn't want to spend the note becos of that, I don't mind making a huge sacrifice by helping him spend it. All he should do, is withdraw a billion naira worth of it grin

5 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by ycmdng(m): 6:31am On Nov 24, 2014
Caseless:
igbos are jewish 'descent' ? Laff wan kill me. U dare not go near any isreali border forming any ancestral link cos u'l be treated like a palestinian.
What a joke!
Get your facts before you discredit others. There re Jews all over the world,
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 24, 2014
IGBOSON1:
It's all this mundane trifling nonsense that gets me sick and tired of this country! Instead of them to worry about serious stuff like science and technology, sports, entertainment, tourism, etc; (stuff that can lift their region in particular, and Nigeria in general out of poverty)......instead of them to worry about these, they busy arguing over complete irrelevant nansense!!! sad

While I tend to agree with you that it's all trivial, nobody considers the hausa ajami trivial when they saw it, so they removed it or supported the idea .....so I understand why the muric folks can't consider it trivial too. I think all sensitive religious symbols should be removed for fairness

PS: I know this life is not fair

4 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by vedaxcool(m): 7:19am On Nov 24, 2014
I await the hypocritical dubious individuals who were jubilating and rationalising the removal ajami to input their outrage and condemnation on this judaization of the naira! Zionist jonathan well done!

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by tolustx(m): 7:29am On Nov 24, 2014
Just a digression... I'm sure I saw dis in dat post...
Muslims in the deliberations which took place in the National Conference by appointing a meager 189 Muslims as against 303 Christians. What kind of leader pursues such gross imbalance in his policies by giving a higher number of delegates to a minority group?
Pls which group does he refer to as d minority group? Abeg I no understand ni o.
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by ZKOSOSO(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2014
MURIC is fulani-yoruba jihadists movement!
Its another lying machine set up by the sultanate to replicate what is obtainable in most northern towns where lies and lies are used to supress the christians into silence.
After a careful research on MURIC, I can tell a supporter of bokoharam. Lies. Taqqiya. Lies.
Their focus is to keep telling lies that 68% of yorubas are muslims while the christians are minority. Keep repeating this lie until the media get use to this lie to conclude that it is the truth.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by tuborme: 8:03am On Nov 24, 2014
Thesame Isrealis used by Buhari to import "Tanko Zubaru" from Britain? Some people are just jokes! Have we forgotten the minister in a crate.
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 24, 2014
here they are, arewa symbol and star of david! They look similar

1 Like

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Caseless: 8:11am On Nov 24, 2014
ycmdng:

Get your facts before you discredit others. There re Jews all over the world,
i stil de laff. So igbo are the naija version of jews in other places.
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by theSpark(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2014
MURic is just raising dust over nothing. It is hypocritical to say that the ajami is an Islamic symbol. If I get it right this infantile rage is because Hausa words written in Arabic were converted to the easier-to-read latin script. The are giving this thing a religious colouration.

They keep on peddling the notion that a vast majority of Nigerians rely on the ajami, this is far from the truth.

Why has no one accused the hijab banning Fashola of being a bigot? These are more important things for Muric to talk about rather than bicker over currency design.

That thing that looks like the star of David is not the star of David. It has been around in Nigeria for a while. Check Nigeria's colonial flag and early currency you'll see that star there. No one mentioned Judaization of Nigerian currency back then.

I'm tired of all this. It is embarrassing. For peace to reign let them remove the star. I don't even like that star, looks like an occultic pentagram.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Sibabasibaba1: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2014
tuborme:
Thesame Isrealis used by Buhari to import "Tanko Zubaru" from Britain? Some people are just jokes! Have we forgotten the minister in a crate.

Lol, 'Tanko Zubaru' is a former military administrator of Imo State.
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2014
I have just seen the offending symbol on another thread and my take is whoever is raising dust is damned clueless! The symbol on the note is an Arewa symbol with the center part of it slightly faded out, it is in no way a Star of David symbol, count the edges on the Star of David and the Arewa symbol and compare with the offending one and you will see it is an Arewa symbol!
Maybe the person raising dust hates the north and wants them erased from our note grin

1 Like

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by omenka(m): 8:38am On Nov 24, 2014
Horus:
[img]http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/president-jonathan-in-israel-4.jpg[/img]

Goodluck Jonathan converted to Judaism or Zionism?
The man has no religion besides 2015. 2015 Presidential Election is Jonathan's religion.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by ycmdng(m): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2014
Caseless:
i stil de laff. So igbo are the naija version of jews in other places.
Wake up bro and dig up some history about them. Your contrary believe about Jews or Zionist won't change any fact about them. Please stop quoting me or else...
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by malele(m): 8:44am On Nov 24, 2014
All these people clamoring for APC hausa president, make una continue oooo. I can never vote a muslim even if he is a saint

1 Like

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Donmarrius: 8:52am On Nov 24, 2014
Gosh!. How come i am in same country with this bastar.ds?

You had/have your own Arabic language,which is un-nigerian,on virtually all our currency demonitions,and nobody complained.how about arabic inscription on our military logo,who is complaining?.

Please,we can't continue to decieve ourselves.Its better we go apart and survive,than come to together and collide and perish.Lets go our seperate ways,so that nobody will foist their belief or culture on others.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by omenka(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Can we all see the depth of division and religious cynicism Jonathan has entrenched in this country??

Jonathan has caused such huge trauma to the Nigerian psyche its gonna take eons to heal!! These were things that pre-date this administration but were totally inconsequential in the scheme of things.

We've had leaders of both faiths before Jonathan, NO ONE ever talked about things like these, now, they've become the only things talked about simply because we landed ourselves a president too naiive to understand that politics and religion are two volatile elements that shouldn't be mixed!!

Jonathan came in and has done every single thing infuse into every Nigerian the consciousness of the difference between a Northerner and a Southerner, a Christian and a Muslim, an Igbo man and a Hausa or Yoruba man!! He has NEVER DONE ANYTHING to make people see the ties that bind them!! This is Jonathan's LEGACY!!

Woe unto anyone who supports the continuation of such glaring disaster!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by omenka(m): 8:55am On Nov 24, 2014
malele:
All these people clamoring for APC hausa president, make una continue oooo. I can never vote a muslim even if he is a saint
This captures the essence of my post above.

I pity Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by Idrismusty97(m): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2014
So is this why the Hausa Ajami was removed? The Ajami that isn't even Islamic? So what are the dishonorable elements arguing about ajami gonna say now. 90% of the posters on that thread were screaming "secular" state. If you want the Ajami removed and still want this symbol on our naira note then you are a bloody hypocrite!

Jonathan thanks for dividing Nigeria, I know it will soon come to this. Very soon the Muslims will asked for Friday to be added among the weekdays, if not then Saturday and Sunday should be scrapped(In 1972 Gowon pronounced Saturday as a work free day in sympathy to the demands of the adherents of the Seventh Day Adventist genre of Christianity) Christians will make their own suggestions and Nigeria will finally become a full secular state not just on papers.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by moufan: 9:22am On Nov 24, 2014
Horus:
[img]http://www..com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/president-jonathan-in-israel-3.jpg[/img]

Zionists and their Nigerian "Puppets"
the drunkard is so clueless
Re: MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom by donmalcolm21(m): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2014
Disgrace

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Daughter, Halima, Is Married To The Son Of Ali Modu Sheriff / Young IBB And Abdulsalam Abubakar(photo) / PHOTOS: Prof. Osibanjo's Pretty Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.