Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Serie A | Obi Rescues Point For Inter In Milan Derby And Says He Prefers Mancini - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serie A | Obi Rescues Point For Inter In Milan Derby And Says He Prefers Mancini (639 Views)

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Jose Mourinho: Rafael Benitez Destroyed Inter In Six Months / Joel Obi Rescues A Point For Inter Milan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serie A | Obi Rescues Point For Inter In Milan Derby And Says He Prefers Mancini by gbengalite(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2014
http://.com/serie-a-obi-rescues-point-for-inter-in-milan-derby-and-says-he-prefers-mancini

Nigerian midfielder, Joel Obi rescued a point for Inter Milan and in the process ensured that Roberto Mancini’s second stint as Nerazzurri boss did not start on a losing note.

The midfielder, who has been out of the Super Eagles for sometime started for Inter against their neighbours and fierce rivals, AC Milan on Sunday at the San Siro.

Jeremy Menez gave the designated home side, AC Milan the lead in the 23rd with a glorious side-footed volley that left Samir Handanovic with no hope but Obi equalised in the 61st minute and he celebrated with a back flip, happy to finally break his scoring duck in the league that he has featured in for the last seven years.

The midfielder gathered a poor clearance on the edge of the box and his shot passed through Michael Essien’s legs, giving Diego Lopez no chance. Obi was taken off in the 72nd minute and replaced by Hernanes.

The 23-year-old had not scored in Serie A for seven years and in his seventh game this season scored a goal that will be remembered for sometime, at least by Mancini, the new Inter manager.

1 Share

Re: Serie A | Obi Rescues Point For Inter In Milan Derby And Says He Prefers Mancini by gbengalite(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2014
Afterwards Obi told Sky Sport: “It went well and I finally scored. We wanted to win, but a draw is acceptable.

“During the week the Coach tried different options and we were all ready to play. He can give us so much: if we listen to him, then we can achieve great things.

“Now we have more options with the ball, which is especially an advantage for us midfielders. I prefer this tactical system. Mancini had been testing me for a few days, so I figured I would start.

“Mancini asked me and Guarin to push up and give Kuzmanovic more space between the lines,” he added.

(1) (Reply)

The School Of Football / New York FC Never Signed Frank Lampard...he Is A Mancity Player / Ukoh: Why I Switched To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.