Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

"Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie (936 Views)

Shella-B Timaya's Rape Is Accuser To Wed ( See Photos Of Her Fiance) / OMG!!! You Won't Believe This Is Actress Nkiru Silvanus![photo] / Is Actress Chioma Akpotha Married To An American? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie by jagudaman: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2014
Over the weekend word was getting around that Nollywood Actress, Stephanie Okereke-Linus's brother, Prince Daniel Okereke is a rapist after reports came out about an incident with a Unilag student. He has been arrested and accused of raping several girls by luring them with different tactics including telling them they are contesting for a pageant, promising them fame, etc.

The latest incident was a 300 level Unilag student, Arionla who was raped severely by the accused after he lured her into his home at Mende, Maryland, and subdued her with the help of his security guards. They tied her up before he raped her numerous times.

Stephanie Linus nee Okereke has come out to make the following statement with regards to the accusations:

I am distraught and devastated to hear of the recent allegation of rape brought against a relative of mine, Daniel Okereke (my brother).

While it is a very difficult time for me, and my family; I feel the need to make clear my position, lest there be any doubt. Rape is rape, regardless of who the face of the accused is.

Indeed, the irony is not lost on me. I have spent my lifelong career advocating and living my conviction that women around the world should be able to live free of violence, sexual harassment or any form of abuse against their persons. This conviction led me to be involved in numerous initiatives combating violence against women in several countries including the U.S, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

The conviction also led me to place much of my energy on my work with Vesico Vaginal Fistula (VVF), a passion that dates back to my time at the University of Calabar.

As a student, I heard a story about young girls who had been forced into early marriage and were suffering the negative and embarrassing effects of VVF. The story stayed in my consciousness and drove me, for years, to seek ways to raise awareness on the condition; leading to my work with a team of dedicated doctors to carry out repair surgeries for VVF victims across the country; and my self-produced, soon to be released movie, 'DRY.'

So, again, it is indeed heart breaking for me to receive and deal with news alleging a family member of mine is an alleged perpetrator of sexual violence against a woman. I am devastated.

This case is now in Nigeria's criminal justice system as the accused awaits arraignment. I have also encouraged and assured the alleged victim of my stance against rape and applaud her for her bravery to upset the culture of silence, in Nigeria; even as I accord deference and patiently wait for the criminal justice system to determine the guilt or innocence of my brother.

For Nigerian press and blogs; I call on you to please report this case in an ethical manner. I am a married woman living my life. The alleged transgression of my relative does not make it mine. The focus should be the impact of rape on the alleged victim, and resources for other alleged victims, not me.

Source: http://jaguda.com/2014/11/24/rape-rape-regardless-face-accused-actress-stephanie-okereke-linus-addresses-allegation-brother/

Re: "Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 24, 2014
I think I like how she's spoken. Be it her brother or any other beast in man form, he should b brought to justice. I wonder what they gain from ruining people's lives. I won't blame the men totally cos some girls can be something else. Girls should be careful n wise.
Re: "Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie by Edykul(f): 11:30am On Nov 24, 2014
She is right.
Re: "Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie by Ladybluecash(f): 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bfor nkooo... Wat do u xpect her to say... Anyway steph is a gud person
Re: "Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie by mztubsy(f): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
Sound mind and judgement.women like us still exist.I wud do the same if I were in her shoes.repeated molestation?....these are d kind of uncles that rape their nieces.we ladies should be careful,"molester" is not written on the face.
Re: "Rape Is Rape, Regardless Of Who The Face Of The Accused Is" – Actress Stephanie by Kunleskey(m): 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
I was here she is right..

(1) (Reply)

OLAMIDE Blasts WIZKID On Instagram, See His Post / Meet The African King Who Governs His Kingdom Via Skype & Phone Call From German / The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Lamido, Set To Take 17-year-old Girl As Fourth Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.