Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? (2491 Views)

'Chris Okafor Raises Dead Baby Back To Life' (Photos) / Why Do Pastors Shout When Preaching? / Do Pastors Pay Their Tithe ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by ugborikoko(m): 10:26am On Nov 28, 2008
Pastors claim to heal people, making the blind see and the deaf hear. Why do pastors not ressurect people?

Afterall, Jesus healed the blind, deaf and ressurected many people. Even his disciples ressurected people and healed the sick.

Why then do our pastors only "heal the sick" and not ressurect the dead also?

Any ideas people?
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by MrCrackles(m): 10:27am On Nov 28, 2008
Because they are not GOD!!

Fucking human beings like us, that is what they are!
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by ugborikoko(m): 10:30am On Nov 28, 2008
@MrCrackles

Jesus disciples where humans to , some fishermen for that matter. They ressurected people. Being human is no excuse. There must be a deeper reason.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by KunleOshob(m): 10:42am On Nov 28, 2008
@post
because unlike what they claim the holy spirit is not in them and they are not preaching and practising the true gospel of Jesus christ. True christianity is almost an extinct faith. What is being practised today is churchianity.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Tonyet1(m): 11:54am On Nov 28, 2008
@kunleoshod,

men i must confess you said the truth, they have just lost the real faith Jesus taught, and all they are after are stuffs tofill their accounts, forming cliques and infact how else do you expect and elite club in the name of churches to raise dead people

@mrcrackles,

i dont know but your comments are always filled with hard words not too good
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2008
So you are waiting for them to raise the dead abi, wait till dog Get horn.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by ugborikoko(m): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2008
Pastors should be able to ressurect the dead, if it is truely God's power they are using. Or is death greater than God. Sure not possible.

By the way, Satan can heal people and even make them rich, but he cannot give life to anyone, he does not have the power to do so.

Now what would differentiate a man of Satan from a man of God?, A man of God should be able to ressurect the dead.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2008
No wahala just dey wait
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by KunleOshob(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2008
ugborikoko:

Pastors should be able to ressurect the dead, if it is truely God's power they are using. Or is death greater than God. Sure not possible.

By the way, Satan can heal people and even make them rich, but he cannot give life to anyone, he does not have the power to do so.

Now what would differentiate a man of Satan from a man of God?, A man of God should be able to ressurect the dead.
Pastors are not the only ones that were promised the gift of miracles, all true christians should have a gift of the spirit, however since true christianity is no longer being practised these gift of the spirit are not manifesting in the lives of christians anymore. However a lot of pentecostals fake the gift of speaking in tongues by talking gibberish since it is the easiest gift to fake ( even though they never interprete it as required).
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by ugborikoko(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Kunle Osho

Yah men, i get your drift. too much hypocrisy everywhere.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by whatever90(f): 7:27pm On Nov 28, 2008
and who said they don't?anybody can,be u a pastor or not,as long as u make yourself available for the lord to use,he can use u,our problem is our lack of faith,saying things and then having double mind about it

Afterall christ said "greater works he did on earth we can do,in his name"  its all about giving it all out to faith,and watch God work cool
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Horus(m): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2008
ugborikoko:

Pastors claim to heal people, making the blind see and the deaf hear. Why do pastors not ressurect people?

Afterall, Jesus healed the blind, deaf and ressurected many people. Even his disciples ressurected people and healed the sick.

Any ideas people?

Because scammers cannot ressurect people. grin
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by ugborikoko(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2008
Sice Pastors can not ressurect the dead but can heal people, i think thats sufficient proof that they do not get their powers from God. If their power were from God then there should be no selection of ailments to heal nor should death be too much.

If they just preached the word and pointed to people that now it is by faith we walk not by miracles, i think the number of church goers would fall. It seems this miracle stuff is just a gimick, to cash in on peoples need for healthy, prosperous life.

Just think of the millions of Nigerians who are fooled, not knowing they are being scammed by the greatest 419 on the planet. I don`t see how 419 organisations can make heaven, If that happened then it would mean God supports 419 groups.

Just thinking!
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by tpia: 1:10am On Dec 02, 2008
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Image123(m): 1:25am On Dec 02, 2008
Firstly, I don't think you're aware of all the miracles happening in the whole world.I wonder where you got your stats that no dead are raised.2ndly,when/where in God's assessment does raising dead bodies show a mark of being God sent?I remember John baptist,the greatest man in God's eyes,I don't recall him raising dead bodies.Yet he was the greatest.I think that teaches that raising corpses isn't top priority in God's agenda.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by ecentre(m): 5:01am On Dec 02, 2008
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life?

Hi,friends,
This is a serious question to answer. Anyway I have something to contribute.some pastors can raise the dead while some cannot. Those who cannot raise the dead don't have faith which is the prerequisite to haeling and performing wonders.

But those pastors who can raise the dead are those who have faith in Jesus, and are prayerful and at the same time are living a holy life. Abi i no try?
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Lady2(f): 5:13am On Dec 02, 2008
Who told u that pastors do not resurrect the dead?
does it have to be blasted on tv for it to actually happen?

u want to ridicule christianity, why don't you get confidence in yourself instead. always trying to bring others down.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by OgidiBoy(m): 5:18am On Dec 02, 2008
Hey ~Lady~ pls don't be offended if you think I'm contradicting you, but do you have any case to prove to people like me where any pastor here in the States or Nigeria resurrected the death.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by dafidixone(m): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2008

Any ideas people?

You are probabaly thinking miracle as an entertainment. How can you be sure this has not happened. I have haerd testimonies from some pastors of bringing dead back to life. Miracles are not meant to be an entertainment that you want to assess powerful men of God by what miracle they have done. Do not forgewt that only God take glory in all things. If I may ask you, how many pastors of God do we have in Nigeria? How many of the numbers have you met? Do you have account of all miracles that happen in Nigeria? Only God knows. Jesus yersterday,today,and tommorrow.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by slimfine(f): 12:37am On Dec 19, 2008
This is a very Good question that is raised. Jesus christ ressurected people during his time on earth to prove that there is going to be a ressurection (Act 25:15) when he comes again and he gave his deciples who suffered, eat and drank with him the same power. when the last deciple past away so did raising the dead miracle. As christians today, we have the bible that has accounts of what jesus did and what he will do for us in his second coming. We have faith in him so he did no have to perform miracle for us to beleive in him.

God is just and fair! why would some people be ressurected and some people not? wouldn't that show that he is an imparticial God? my brothers and sisters, Jesus performed miracle as a sign of what he is to do again and for people who not beleive to beleive during that time.

if you love God and beleive in him with a strong faith, he does not have raise your dead relative to prove that. he did it in the past and he will do it again to you and your loved ones when he comes again. The resurrection that he will give his faithful followers when he comes the second time is everlasting! He will ressurect the dead to die no more! am excided how about you?

if you cannot raise the dead, so is your priests and pastors
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by JJYOU: 12:47am On Dec 19, 2008
another bunch of restless sinners at work. God has nothing to prove by raising the dead
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Nimshi: 6:00am On Dec 21, 2008
ugborikoko:
Pastors should be able to ressurect the dead, if it is truely God's power they are using.

By their claims, yes, they should be able to.

Yet, they don't. Why? Easy:

1) This is one miracle difficult to fix and/or arrange.

2) The pastor won't be able to blame anyone for not having "enough faith"; you can't blame the dead fellow, could you?

Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by dayokanu(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2008
Resurrect the dead? Guy if they want to perform any miracle why not go to Sabo where all those beggers are and heal them of their infirmities.

Churches are business so dont beleive that nonsense about healing the dumb. Why not go to a school for the disabled and heal them
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:55am On Dec 21, 2008
Hehehehe the dead guy no get faith.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by KnowAll(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2008
I am sure resurrection happens to us every day, we just dont know how it happens to us, its when we finally die and the mystereous of the book of life is un-veiled we will be blown-away. Christains do you pray b4 going to bed in the night, do u know when u sleep u are dead when u wake up in the morning u are resurrected but we have all taken it for granted both christains and atheist. We see it as a routine that when we go to sleep we will definately wake up the next day. Just give God the glory for yet another miracle in your life. Why go look for one pastor that has raised the dead when miracle is happening to you on a daily basis.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by bindex(m): 1:33pm On Dec 21, 2008
Imagine a girl of about 10 that was born deaf and dumb saying daddy after being healed by pastor chris, I almost fell of my chair when I saw that ridiculous sham, my girl friends sister was busy shouting and praising the lord beside me while we were watching the hour of miracle on the loveworld TV station. The worse part is that you can't tell them to open their eyes and see the lies and theft, they will resort to saying that if Jesus can walk on water or turn water into wine then pastor chris can do anything because he is a man of God. I weep for my people.
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by kolaoloye(m): 3:50pm On Dec 21, 2008
bindex:

Imagine a girl of about 10 that was born deaf and dumb saying daddy after being healed by pastor chris, I almost fell of my chair when I saw that ridiculous sham, my girl friends sister was busy shouting and praising the lord beside me while we were watching the hour of miracle on the loveworld TV station. The worse part is that you can't tell them to open their eyes and see the lies and theft, they will resort to saying that if Jesus can walk on water or turn water into wine then pastor chris can do anything because he is a man of God. I weep for my people.
Though i blf in miracles but there are some things that i won't fall for. One thing is sure:God knows those that are His.
During Bishop Idahosa's time a dead man was brought back to life but these days miracle NA BABA cheesy

If only our pastors would follow Jesus and lead Others as instructed by the Lord raising a dead person would just be a childs play.
Afterall He said: "greater than these that i do you shall also do if you BELIEF". Just a pity that some of them are off the track sad
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by bindex(m): 4:00pm On Dec 21, 2008
kola oloye:

Though i blf in miracles but there are some things that i won't fall for. One thing is sure:God knows those that are His.
During Bishop Idahosa's time a dead man was brought back to life but these days miracle NA BABA cheesy

If only our pastors would follow Jesus and lead Others as instructed by the Lord raising a dead person would just be a childs play.
Afterall He said: "greater than these that i do you shall also do if you BELIEF". Just a pity that some of them are off the track sad

For how long was the man dead? two days, three months? one year?
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by slimfine(f): 11:48pm On Dec 21, 2008
the guy was in coma tongue
Re: Why Do Pastors Not Ressurect The Dead To Life? by Kuns: 3:54am On Dec 22, 2008
Can the pastors' ever heal an amputee let alone the dead?

All the pastor do is mind over matter , pep talk.

Jumping up and down the stage talking loud , that's all they do. If they were no offering I don't there will be any pastors.

(1) (Reply)

The 12 Spiritual Benefits Of Bay Leaves / Why Do Nigerians Take Religion So Seriously / Will Last Minute Sin Take One To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.