Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? (16597 Views)

Enugu Killings: How We Came Under Attack – Villagers / Onitsha Killings: How IGP Solomon Arase Wasted Blood Of Innocent Picketers To Sa / Ohaneze To Biafra Agitators: Stop This Madness - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by udezue(m): 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2008
JosBoy,

I just want to know. How can settlers be killing you in your own land? I'm just confused. I can't see Hausa people picking up arms in Awka to murder Igbos. The last time a Fulani man stabbed a masquerade guy to death 7 more fulanis paid the price including the bagger himself. Awka town was among the towns leveled to the ground during Biafra but was rebuilt up so quick to become one the main commercial nerves and capital of Anambra state. They waste no time setting anyone in their place.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Kweenisha: 11:09pm On Nov 30, 2008
However, unconfirmed reports say the death toll had risen beyond the figure given by the Society.
Agence France Press (AFP) reports that 381 bodies were yesterday placed in a mosque in Jos.
The Associated Press (AP) also reported that bodies with fresh wounds arrived at the city's main mosque for quick burial in keeping with Islamic precepts.
Many christians have also lost their lives as what started as post-election violence takes a religious colouration

How can the death toll be up to 350 and they talk of 381 bodies placed in a mosque,do they mean morgue or mosque?
why would dead bodies be placed in a mosque?
If they are reporting 350,I'm pretty sure the death toll is triple the admitted number
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2008
nuzo:

The grand commander of the "WE ARE THE ONLY TRUE NIGERIANS" army tpia is already around the corner. tongue

please just shut up.

you just have no idea how[b] utterly [/b] annoying and irritating you are.

werent you the one calling for Igbos who don't return to their hometowns in the east, to be shot dead wherever they are?

its really sickening the way you, deepzone and some other gays just run your mouths anyhow in the name of typing on the internet.  Really really sickening. I have no words for you- you'll self destruct in your own time and it wont be by a northerner's hand.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by udezue(m): 11:13pm On Nov 30, 2008
Bodies placed in the mosques are that of Hausa muslims.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

They had political riots in places like Edo,Oyo and Anambra sometime ago. Oshiomole's case quickly comes to mind but did you hear any indigene or the rioters burning and killing people alive?. They had their thing, was subdued by the incumbent gov yet they prevailed without killing anybody.

how can someone be so proudly and disgustingly ignorant?

Nigeria's real problem is the multitude of fools like you who abound from north to south.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2008
udezue:

JosBoy,

I just want to know. How can settlers be killing you in your own land? I'm just confused. I can't see Hausa people picking up arms in Awka to murder Igbos. The last time a Fulani man stabbed a masquerade guy to death 7 more fulanis paid the price including the bagger himself. Awka town was among the towns leveled to the ground during but was rebuilt up so quick to become one the main commercial nerves and capital of Anambra state. They waste no time setting anyone in their place.

Hausa have been in Northern Plateau, Northern Kaduna for Hundreds and Hundreds of years. The ancient fortress of ZauZau (Zaria)  was where Queen Amina lived. You people should really do a little Research. (Hence why these regions are predominately Muslim. You can almost draw a ruler with those mountainous regions and see where Islam prevails Vis-A-vis Christianity,

Do you know that if it was not for the mountainous regions of plateau you would probably would be praising "Allah"?
The Hausa used horses for their LARGE I MEAN LARGE ancient ARMIES. The easily conquered parts of western Nigeria, hence the large muslim followers in the West. Their was ISLAM in northern yoruba land before Christianity, hence the large number of yoruba muslims.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by RedHotChic(f): 11:16pm On Nov 30, 2008
Someone from my tribe died you idiot. Most of the casualties were indigines of Plateau. They were killing all other tribes indiscriminately.
don't spread hate false propaganda, its really irritating

Who gives a shit how many people that died in your village?. Why the yoruba carnage? Are the yorubas involved in your local politics?

Is the man that did this below also from your village because he deserves to die slowly:

"A few minutes later, after I had regained my composure, I picked my phone to call my younger brother. But it was a Hausa man that replied me. And he said in Hausa tone and seemed to be mocking at the same time: ‘Ya broad, I'm dey die, I'm det die…hHa ha, now, I'm don die’. And at that point, the phone went dead. And that was when I blacked out too," Kayode said.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2008
udezue:

Bodies placed in the mosques are that of Hausa muslims.
That is right, Muslims get buried almost right away. No need for morgue
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2008
Can all see what we talking about? that the Muslims are more in Jos? how come? with the indegines, and the Southerners still the Hausas are more? haba Kai dan Baba Yakata Kana sanin me zaka fada. theres no way the Hausa can be predominant in Jos, its not Possible have you been to a Christian Gathering before? its just that they have a penchant for trouble and they want everything by force God will not allow it anyway.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by RibaduFan(m): 11:19pm On Nov 30, 2008
Josboy

For ur information, it wasnt the mountains that prevented them from spreading their carnage down south in those days. It was the great Ibadan Army, led by Bashorun , (cant recall the name).
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Kweenisha: 11:20pm On Nov 30, 2008
can they tell by looking at a corpse if it's a Christian or Muslim?
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by udezue(m): 11:21pm On Nov 30, 2008
Jos,

Are u for  real or is that sarcasm?
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by RedHotChic(f): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2008
Can all see what we talking about? that the Muslims are more in Jos? how come? with the indegines, and the Southerners still the Hausas are more? haba Kai dan Baba Yakata Kana sanin me zaka fada. theres no way the Hausa can be predominant in Jos, its not Possible have you been to a Christian Gathering before? its just that they have a penchant for trouble and they want everything by force God will not allow it anyway.

Let me break it down for you playa:

The muslim hausas were migrating to Jos in numbers while the Jos indigenes were busy selling their lands to them and drinking burukutu with the money. What happened next was the hausas getting a fair share of their properties, creating a neighborhood and replicating their population. That is how they created a muslim colony out of the christian city. In the near future, they will over run the native burukutu drinkers and take over the city.

If the natives were more responsible, Hausa wouldn't have over run their city.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:23pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

Josboy

For ur information, it wasnt the mountains that prevented them from spreading their carnage down south in those days. It was the great Ibadan Army, led by Bashorun , (can't recall the name).

also the tsetse fly which killed their horses.

Not that there werent muslims in the  pre-Fodio north same way the Yoruba currently have a lot of muslims among them.

Usman dan Fodio's jihad spread militant Islam throughout the north.

Thats one of the main differences between the southern and northern muslims. The north was heavily Islamic before- Dan Fodio just brought a stricter form of Islam, thats all.

They couldnt penetrate the south due to the thick forest cover which also harbored the tsetse fly. They still got Kwara though.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2008
I wish Deepzone could be slapped off this thread, for real.

all these half baked cockatoos running around half-cocked.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Hausa have been in Northern Plateau, Northern Kaduna for Hundreds and Hundreds of years. The ancient fortress of ZauZau (Zaria)  was where Queen Amina lived. You people should really do a little Research. (Hence why these regions are predominately Muslim. You can almost draw a ruler with those mountainous regions and see where Islam prevails Vis-A-vis Christianity,

Do you know that if it was not for the mountainous regions of plateau you would probably would be praising "Allah"?
The Hausa used horses for their LARGE I MEAN LARGE ancient ARMIES. The easily conquered parts of western Nigeria, hence the large muslim followers in the West. Their was ISLAM in northern yoruba land before Christianity, hence the large number of yoruba muslims.

Guy what history are you talking about? Jos has been a place for the then Pagans and that is why till today you dont see Indigenous Muslims and till now jos is being ruled by the pagan religions. the Bon gwom of jos is a traditionalist if you most know, if you go to Bokkos or mangu Where Mantu came from and the Nassarawa part of the state you will then see where they have indigenous Muslims so Just know that Jos is not a muslim land and will never be a Muslim Land, Jihad will never succeed in Jos what ever they do, Christianity will stand in Jos and the State over.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by udezue(m): 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHot,

I agree with u. They wined and dined with the Hausas for so long they forgot about Hausa/Fulani tendency to want to overrun any thing they see. Their leaders benefitting or so they thought they were benefitting from the children of Usman Dan Fodio. U let Fulani jihadist get 1 plot they will be inching for 1000000.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Kweenisha: 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2008
These things are getting worse.
What obtained initially was the Muslims killing off Christians while they fled and hid.
After the Kano "benny Hinn" riots things began to change.
One Igbo man that owned a gun shop opened his shop and handed out guns and bullets to southerners and told them not to be afraid to use it for protection and for the first time northerners had casualties on their side.

The other day it was Islamic terrorists in India,today it's in Jos.
Like I always say,any southerner living in northern Nigeria who does not own a gun is playing with his life and that of his family.
You can't go to a war front empty handed
How long will people watch helplessly while futureless  almajiri youth of northen Nigeria who do nothing but cram the Koran and beg from Zaria road to Ahmadu Bello way hack them to death with a machete and ask for reinforcement from their league of almajiris.People ought to wisen up and speak to them in the language they understand.
If they want Jihad,the southerners and Christians living with them should be prepared to give it to them.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2008
tpia:

please just shut up.

you just have no idea how[b] utterly [/b] annoying and irritating you are.

werent you the one calling for Igbos who don't return to their hometowns in the east, to be shot dead wherever they are?

its really sickening the way you, deepzone and some other gays just run your mouths anyhow in the name of typing on the internet.  Really really sickening. I have no words for you- you'll self destruct in your own time and it wont be by a northerner's hand.

Do you have to twist the truth in order to remain relevant in a lost course you are leading?

Once again, this was what i said: "since the Igbos are being butchered in your supposed "one nigeria" every now and then, they should be allowed to go with their Biafra. And as soon as Biafra stands as a nation, nigerians/northerners should shoot any Igbo they see in their country, but until then, these massacre must stop."
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2008
nuzo:

Do you have to twist the truth in order to remain relevant in a lost course you are leading?

Once again, this was what i said: "since the Igbos are being butchered in your supposed "one nigeria" every now and then, they should be allowed to go with their Biafra. And as soon as Biafra stands as a nation, nigerians/northerners should shoot any Igbo they see in their country, but until then, these massacre must stop."

I have no words for you- you'll self destruct in your own time and it wont be by a northerner's hand.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2008
Tapiya:

Guy what history are you talking about? Jos has been a place for the then Pagans and that is why till today you don't see Indigenous Muslims and till now jos is being ruled by the pagan religions. the Bon gwom of jos is a traditionalist if you most know, if you go to Bokkos or mangu Where Mantu came from and the Nassarawa part of the state you will then see where they have indigenous Muslims so Just know that Jos is not a muslim land and will never be a Muslim Land, Jihad will never succeed in Jos what ever they do, Christianity will stand in Jos and the State over.
Where did I say that jos is a muslim land? I said they have dominated jos north for many many years. Get that through your skull!

In my Village no other ethnic group can ever own a peice of land, but there is a Hausa settlement in my village with a population of roughly 2-300 . ask me how it works. Dont be like Redhot and jump to stupid conclusions with the little information you have. Do your homework
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

Let me break it down for you playa:

The muslim hausas were migrating to Jos in numbers while the Jos indigenes were busy selling their lands to them and drinking burukutu with the money. What happened next was the hausas getting a fair share of their properties, creating a neighborhood and replicating their population. That is how they created a muslim colony out of the christian city. In the near future, they will over run the native burukutu drinkers and take over the city.

If the natives were more responsible, Hausa wouldn't have over run their city.

May I correct you here? the Indigenous were not selling their Lands for the sake of Money, they just happened to be very welcoming and accomondating, they did not give so much of a heck about life, its way Plateau is called the Home of Peace and tourism We welcome everyoen that comes to our house, the Ealier mallams that came were actually given lands for free by our forefathers We are not large in number we agree and we felt they were good people they did not force themselves on us in the first place so we took them as friends not enemies and from their they started bringing in their friends and Family members and before you know whats up they were begining to pay for this lands and ofcourse there were alot of greedy men among our people that valued Money more than the lands cos they had so much and the truth is we still have lots of lands till date, its just that the choicest Lands are beign sold to the mallams cos we considered them friends, yea we have Burukutu Drinkers among us but its not all that are Burukutu drinkers, and one other shortcoming we have among my people is the fact that they dont go to school and thats another thing killing us.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2008
Tapiya how can you respond to such rubbish ?
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2008
May I correct you here?

correct Deepzone aka redhotchuck one million times- she'll never learn a thing.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by RibaduFan(m): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2008
IF I HAD THE CHOICE OF A PAGAN RELION AND ISLAM. i LL CHOOSE ANY PAGAN RELIGION. They are more humane and less blood thirsty.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

IF I HAD THE CHOICE OF A PAGAN RELION AND ISLAM. i LL CHOOSE ANY PAGAN RELIGION. They are more humane and less blood thirsty.

oh really?
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

Don't worry we Africans can kill eachother over borrowed religions, who cares anymore. I respect the hindus with their million Gods more than the shit that happens in Africa. We have priests telling parents that there kids are witches. Dont worry your religion is the right one,
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by RedHotChic(f): 11:48pm On Nov 30, 2008
May I correct you here? the Indigenous were not selling their Lands for the sake of Money, they just happened to be very welcoming and accomondating, they did not give so much of a heck about life, its way Plateau is called the Home of Peace and tourism We welcome everyoen that comes to our house, the Ealier mallams that came were actually given lands for free by our forefathers We are not large in number we agree and we felt they were good people they did not force themselves on us in the first place so we took them as friends not enemies and from their they started bringing in their friends and Family members and before you know whats up they were begining to pay for this lands and ofcourse there were alot of greedy men among our people that valued Money more than the lands because they had so much and the truth is we still have lots of lands till date, its just that the choicest Lands are beign sold to the mallams because we considered them friends

Its easier to say they conned you guys like they did to every Nigerian. I am glad Nigerians are realizing now that Hausas can never be your friend. Your people made that mistake in Biafran war and the very people they accepted are over riding them now. Its a little too late to ask for your lands back, they planned and orchestrated the plot and it worked for them. The only way out is education since your people are obviously better educated than them. Get more youths into school and empower them to stay on guard against those enemies.

yea we have Burukutu Drinkers among us but its not all that are Burukutu drinkers, and one other shortcoming we have among my people is the fact that they don't go to school and thats another thing killing us.

Una people sabi drink well well. The highest drinkers in Nigeria so far.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2008
RedHotChic:

Its easier to say they conned you guys like they did to every Nigerian. I am glad Nigerians are realizing now that Hausas can never be your friend. Your people made that mistake in Biafran war and the very people they accepted are over riding them now. Its a little too late to ask for your lands back, they planned and orchestrated the plot and it worked for them. The only way out is education since your people are obviously better educated than them. Get more youths into school and empower them to stay on guard against those enemies.

@ Tapiya- I hope you now understand the kind of retarded mentality you're dealing with?

This poster considers herself better than almajiri though.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by RibaduFan(m): 11:58pm On Nov 30, 2008
Tpia

It is easy to seat in New zealand and type junk on a public fora. If u were currently in Jos, U would prolly be singing a different song.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Kweenisha: 12:01am On Dec 01, 2008
RedHotChic:

I wish you could say the same thing to Awolowo who snuggled up with Tafawa Balewa and showed Biafra pepper.
No be one Nigeria una want
una no want again?
we must be one whether you people like it or not.
Let's cuddle up and give each other a big hug.
e never start sef
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2008
Red hot is just upset. Holding reprisal thoughts for Biafra War is hazardous.
Get over it you lost the war.
(You forget that Nigeria at the time consisted of more than just Hausa and Igbo. There were many men in the army who were not even from Northern Nigeria)

No illegal mutiny for you EVER. You will die a NIGERIAN even if you deny it in Jesus in name. Get over it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14)

Edo 2020: Justice Taiwo Withdraws From Suit Seeking To Disqualify Ize-Iyamu / 2023: Osinbajo Is The Chosen Man Of The Moment - Senator Adeyeye / Why Tinubu Can’t Show Medical Fitness Certificate –APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.