Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem (868 Views)

Unlock Ur huawei E303 Modem / SEO Optimization Techniques That Webmasters Ignore / Nigerian Webmasters' Association? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by dhsfbi(m): 5:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
I have been using Modem for more than four years now but never try tethering of any kind because i think tethering will zap more of my data, since last month that i have been tethering using my Android phone, i have even forgot there is something called modem because tethering to my Pc saved me three-quarter of data i consume when i use modem. What do you think? is it the same at your end?
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by 360crest(m): 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
Persoanlly am more confused dan u.... I taught buying a BB curve 4 wuld hlp me save more data... If I tether d hotspot on it... Bt its nw working each time I connect it to my laptop... It shows connected bt don't have internet access and consumes my credit instead.... By d ways... Plz how much iz d cheapest subscription on moderm
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by dhsfbi(m): 11:45pm On Nov 24, 2014
360crest:
Persoanlly am more confused dan u.... I taught buying a BB curve 4 wuld hlp me save more data... If I tether d hotspot on it... Bt its nw working each time I connect it to my laptop... It shows connected bt don't have internet access and consumes my credit instead.... By d ways... Plz how much iz d cheapest subscription on moderm
I currently use MTN surprise plan, 2500 for 4.5GB. 1.5GB can only be use during the day 6am-8.59pm and the night 3GB takes effect 9pm-5.59am
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by ProGSM(m): 12:09am On Nov 25, 2014
Mordem is still better. You may have issues with tethering and it makes your connection very slow.
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by 360crest(m): 12:27am On Nov 25, 2014
Ey bro tanks. How do I go about activating d plan?
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by dhsfbi(m): 12:37am On Nov 25, 2014
360crest:
Ey bro tanks. How do I go about activating d plan?
text 120 to 131
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by dhsfbi(m): 12:40am On Nov 25, 2014
ProGSM:
Mordem is still better. You may have issues with tethering and it makes your connection very slow.
Bro, the connection is not slow at all and no issues with the tethering so far. Once i connect my USB and check the USB tethering box I'm good to go and no zapping of data like modem
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by ZinoFego: 9:18am On Nov 25, 2014
You'll use the 1.5G at first, any time of the day and night and after exhausting it, you will start using the 3.0G.

After exhausting the 1.5G and you disconnect your device between 6:00am and 8:59pm, you won't be able to reconnect until 9pm. After then, you'll be able to browse again until redisconnect your device.

dhsfbi:
I currently use MTN surprise plan, 2500 for 4.5GB. 1.5GB can only be use during the day 6am-8.59pm and the night 3GB takes effect 9pm-5.59am
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by ZinoFego: 9:19am On Nov 25, 2014
It's 102 to 131

dhsfbi:
text 120 to 131
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by Nuclearact: 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
ZinoFego:
It's 102 to 131

this is a new plan, and is a bit different from the night plan
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by Nuclearact: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2014
ZinoFego:
You'll use the 1.5G at first, any time of the day and night and after exhausting it, you will start using the 3.0G.

After exhausting the 1.5G and you disconnect your device between 6:00am and 8:59pm, you won't be able to reconnect until 9pm. After then, you'll be able to browse again until redisconnect your device.

this is a new plan, the 1.5GB bonus can be used during the day and the 3gb will take effect in the night as I first explained. You can check the phone section.
Re: WEBMASTERS - Tethering Or Modem by ZinoFego: 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Waoh, this is cool, never knew, have been using 102 to 131, will try the 120 to 131.....will come back to thank you later if it works grin grin grin

Will there be a roll over if you exhaust any of the plans?

Nuclearact:
this is a new plan, the 1.5GB bonus can be used during the day and the 3gb will take effect in the night as I first explained. You can check the phone section.
Nuclearact:
this is a new plan, and is a bit different from the night plan

(1) (Reply)

I Have Well Optimized Website(news And Entertainment Blog) For Sale / Please Who Can Help Me Promote My New Music Single For Free Online / Techcabal Testing New Features On A Live Site Or Something ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.