Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists (947 Views)

Stop!this Is How Much Sugar Is In That Can Of Coke / 11 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid / Yoruba Man Killing Afang Soup In The Kitchen; All Thanks To Calabar Babes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by Drtee(m): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2014
All of us like sweets – it’ s a constant. But who could thought that a pure
pleasure is addictive and slowly killing us all, according to scientists.

Scietists believe that our decline in health (obesity, metabolic syndrome,
heart diseases, diabetes, cancer) over the past few decades is directly
connected with global increase in ingestion of fructose, sucrose, HFCS and
other substances.

Sugar is an addictive toxin that damages health.
Sugar is a sweet drug.
Dr Lustic claims that sugar is an addictive toxin that damages public health
to the point that we now need government intervention. It’s addictive,
stimulating as it does the release of feel-good hormone dopamine – and the
food industry knows it.

Studies illustrate that large intakes of refined sugar cause huge spikes in
insulin which promote fat storage. Over a period of time, this can lead to
insulin resistance and leptin resistance – leptin is the hormone that sends
signals to decrease your appetite.
Re: Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by SilentCrescendo: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Yup.. thats the sad truth.
the other option available is to use honey instead.....but honey changes the overall taste of whatever you use it in. cry cry

A new year resolution (ha! Yea right!) - cut down on sugar intake. grin
Re: Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by derrick333(m): 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2014
Wishin ha quik recovery,u wunt unstnd ,ever sins I was enlightened abt d danger of excessive consumption of sugar? Omo ,I detest sugar @1s, I cud take pap witout sugar,
Re: Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by SilentCrescendo: 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
derrick333:
Wishin ha quik recovery,u wunt unstnd ,ever sins I was enlightened abt d danger of excessive consumption of sugar? Omo ,I detest sugar @1s, I cud take pap witout sugar,

Wow
how do you do it, I mean taking pap without sugar and I'm guessing no honey as well.
do you like shut down your taste buds while taking the pap or what
Re: Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by nonen(m): 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
How can one flush sugar out of his/her system?
Re: Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by derrick333(m): 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
SilentCrescendo:

Wow
how do you do it, I mean taking pap without sugar and I'm guessing no honey as well.
do you like shut down your taste buds while taking the pap or what
Is pap bitter ? I can take 1bowl of pap witout a cube of sugar,mayb wit bean cake
Re: Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by ENGRDIGNITY: 10:16pm On Nov 24, 2014
Knock yourself out man, sugar makes life sweeter
Re: Sugar Is Killing You! Give It Up ASAP- Scientists by Elcemento(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2014
Take better agbo jedi or yoyo bitters once in a while.Bitter tins neutralize the bad effects of sugar.Thank me later angry angry angry angry

CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Do In This Time Of Economic Crisis / Why Is Garri Not In A First Aid Box? / Fake Food In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.